d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Football & Rugby General Chat 2.0 > Music, Food, Chitty Chat
Prev1347034713472347334745001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 13 2017 04:39pm
All the death stranding trailers so far...... just take my money now
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 13 2017 05:20pm
Anyone here read Ready Player One? The first trailer had me feeling like it was most likely going to be pretty shitty, but the second trailer made me not even want to see the movie... I just don't understand why they do this. We've got this amazing.source material, right I hear that, but wouldn't it be better if we just made our own story revolved around horny teenagers and said fuck the source material? No one cares about that gay shit anyways. Even more frustrating is knowing how well the movie will do, making it so people keep making shit fucking versions of things I enjoyed. Ughhhh. Pretty funny that the entire book was built around 80s nostalgia and since they wanted to cater to tweens, they just took ALL of that out, which was what the entire book was.

Sorry for the rant lol, just needed to get that off my chest. No one needs to respond to this, I know im an insane person.
Gold: 16.80
Dec 13 2017 05:28pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 13 2017 05:20pm)
Anyone here read Ready Player One? The first trailer had me feeling like it was most likely going to be pretty shitty, but the second trailer made me not even want to see the movie... I just don't understand why they do this. We've got this amazing.source material, right I hear that, but wouldn't it be better if we just made our own story revolved around horny teenagers and said fuck the source material? No one cares about that gay shit anyways. Even more frustrating is knowing how well the movie will do, making it so people keep making shit fucking versions of things I enjoyed. Ughhhh. Pretty funny that the entire book was built around 80s nostalgia and since they wanted to cater to tweens, they just took ALL of that out, which was what the entire book was.

Sorry for the rant lol, just needed to get that off my chest. No one needs to respond to this, I know im an insane person.

Book was mediocre as fuck anyway. Saw it all coming miles before it happened. The pacing of the book was terrible. And like half the book was about horny teenagers.... so I don't know why that bothers you.

For real though it should have been a netflix series. 8-12 episodes, 3-4 per key.

E. It was pretty obvious the guy wrote it to turn it into a movie/show

Ee. Was thinking about giving it a second read but the teen romance stops me

This post was edited by Fezbang on Dec 13 2017 05:37pm
Dec 13 2017 05:56pm
Quote (Fezbang @ Dec 13 2017 03:28pm)
Book was mediocre as fuck anyway. Saw it all coming miles before it happened. The pacing of the book was terrible. And like half the book was about horny teenagers.... so I don't know why that bothers you.

For real though it should have been a netflix series. 8-12 episodes, 3-4 per key.

E. It was pretty obvious the guy wrote it to turn it into a movie/show

Ee. Was thinking about giving it a second read but the teen romance stops me

Ya, that shit is a bit annoying, but it's such a small part of the book, that I was able to completely overlook it for the constant pour of 80s goodness. I'm starting to feel like every book adaptation would be better off as a on or two season series, since these fucks can't help but butcher shit. Even when you've got idiots who turn 300 pages into 3 books, you get a story that removes everything fucking good and keeps adding pointless and stupid bullshit that changes the entire story and the characters. Bunch of fuck boys.
Gold: 20,023.46
Dec 13 2017 06:06pm
Quote (Bluth @ Dec 13 2017 05:39pm)
All the death stranding trailers so far...... just take my money now

Can't wait to see gameplay
Dec 13 2017 06:16pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 13 2017 05:56pm)
Ya, that shit is a bit annoying, but it's such a small part of the book, that I was able to completely overlook it for the constant pour of 80s goodness. I'm starting to feel like every book adaptation would be better off as a on or two season series, since these fucks can't help but butcher shit. Even when you've got idiots who turn 300 pages into 3 books, you get a story that removes everything fucking good and keeps adding pointless and stupid bullshit that changes the entire story and the characters. Bunch of fuck boys.

Damn man... that might be the most errors I've seen in a post of yours.

And small part of the book? It was like the entire second act.
Dec 13 2017 06:31pm
Quote (Fezbang @ Dec 13 2017 04:16pm)
Damn man... that might be the most errors I've seen in a post of yours.

And small part of the book? It was like the entire second act.

On my phone. Driving to and from Sunnyside today, which is like 3.5 hours each way. Just smashing out posts at stops and not proofing lol. I'm horrible on a phone

It was present during the entire second act, but it wasn't the reason for anything, it didnt have any impact on the actions of the players etc.. hence not a huge deal to me.
Dec 13 2017 06:35pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 13 2017 06:31pm)
On my phone. Driving to and from Sunnyside today, which is like 3.5 hours each way. Just smashing out posts at stops and not proofing lol. I'm horrible on a phone

It was present during the entire second act, but it wasn't the reason for anything, it didnt have any impact on the actions of the players etc.. hence not a huge deal to me.

What?!?! Did you even read the book Josh? He stopped searching and pussed around because he was so sad. It was some straight vagina shit.
Dec 13 2017 06:40pm
Quote (Fezbang @ Dec 13 2017 04:35pm)
What?!?! Did you even read the book Josh? He stopped searching and pussed around because he was so sad. It was some straight vagina shit.

That was like 15 pages, and then he was searching again lol. He traveled everywhere, made the grind to max level, searched all sorts of remote places, did his stream, built hit fortress etc.. he did act like a bitch for a minute, but it wasn't that bad, not Any worse than I'd be if my first real GF dumped me. In fact I'm pretty sure I did mope around for a month or two after that happened. Just didn't make a difference to me all that much, but I could totally see.people being turned off by that.
Dec 13 2017 06:44pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 13 2017 06:40pm)
That was like 15 pages, and then he was searching again lol. He traveled everywhere, made the grind to max level, searched all sorts of remote places, did his stream, built hit fortress etc.. he did act like a bitch for a minute, but it wasn't that bad, not Any worse than I'd be if my first real GF dumped me. In fact I'm pretty sure I did mope around for a month or two after that happened. Just didn't make a difference to me all that much, but I could totally see.people being turned off by that.

Travelling everywhere, getting max level and all that shit was like 3 pages worth of material. That's why I said the pacing sucked. The first act was amazing. Tons of good details, great back story and already a bunch of action and then the second part is just rushed through. I mean I'm pretty sure he spent more time on the 1 game of Pac man than the second key.

You're gonna make me read this fucking book again and I've never read a book twice in my life.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1347034713472347334745001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll