d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official New York Jets Fan Thread > New Jack City
Prev1242526272834Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 28 2020 04:07pm
Quote (Hako @ Dec 28 2020 04:57pm)
Shut up, Bitch

Some people are so mad its hilarious. This take that we dont deserve Lawrence is one of the dumbest takes ive ever heard. This franchise has been bad and screwed over for the majority of the past 20 years.. God forbid we get something nice for once.

Also this talk about him pulling an Eli is comical. Why would a kid from a small town in Georgia not want to play in Jacksonville? It's a 5 hour car ride and/or a very short plane ride back home. Being a 20 year old millionaire living on the beach would just be terrible right? LOLOLOLOLOL

He also did an interview with Dan Patrick a week or so ago and he said that he was ready to go play anywhere.

Your organization is literally chasing talent away. And the fact that you’ve blatantly tanked and fans like yourself are blatantly rooting for it is disgusting
Gold: 14,000.00
Dec 28 2020 04:09pm
Quote (psudan @ Dec 28 2020 06:00am)
Yeah, that's what sucks. The Jets just fielded a bad team and have a terrible coach, i don't think there was any (clearly based on the last 2 wins) intentional tanking going on in our organization. Jags just chalked it from the start -- and i guess good on them but it's kind of shitty.
Lawrence was always going to declare for the draft this year and he'll be a Jaguar and likely have a great career. It's just the most Jets thing ever for it to happen that way

No we didn't chalk it from the start.. This team just wasn't any good and has a lame duck coaching staff. We are the youngest team in the league and then the injuries started to pile up.

Fans can want to tank, but the reality is that Coaches and Players don't tank.
Dec 28 2020 04:13pm
Quote (Saquads @ Dec 28 2020 02:07pm)
Your organization is literally chasing talent away. And the fact that you’ve blatantly tanked and fans like yourself are blatantly rooting for it is disgusting

That's all on your idiot buddy Tom Coughlin. He ran off our talent because he's a senile brain dead idiot.

There will be new management in the building this off season.

So it was ok for 14 weeks when the Jets were "tanking" and the fans were blatantly rooting for it, but now that they lost the #1 pick, it's disgusting? LMAO
Gold: 15,760.66
Dec 28 2020 04:34pm
Quote (adrianpk @ Dec 28 2020 11:36am)
Ive watched film on both other qbs and not impressed. I do believe Joe with pick other pieces for our build and keep sam. Maybe 2nd round I see him taking a qb. Honestly not sure

Imo Jaguars are trash org. They won’t make tlaw great. I believe in that 100%

honestly don't get how you see the Jets as anything different

It's either you believe TLaw is great by himself or you'd believe this the way both franchises have been run.
Gold: 11,787.00
Dec 28 2020 04:36pm
Really glad he’s going to afc south instead of East. Already got Tua and the hoodie to worry about don’t need the jets to have a star qb as well
Gold: 400.00
Dec 28 2020 04:56pm
Quote (Hako @ Dec 28 2020 04:57pm)
Shut up, Bitch

Some people are so mad its hilarious. This take that we dont deserve Lawrence is one of the dumbest takes ive ever heard. This franchise has been bad and screwed over for the majority of the past 20 years.. God forbid we get something nice for once.

Also this talk about him pulling an Eli is comical. Why would a kid from a small town in Georgia not want to play in Jacksonville? It's a 5 hour car ride and/or a very short plane ride back home. Being a 20 year old millionaire living on the beach would just be terrible right? LOLOLOLOLOL

He also did an interview with Dan Patrick a week or so ago and he said that he was ready to go play anywhere.

I think it's more about that the Jags intentionally tanked for this and didn't field the best possible team they could with the roster they have
Dec 28 2020 05:07pm
Quote (psudan @ Dec 28 2020 02:56pm)
I think it's more about that the Jags intentionally tanked for this and didn't field the best possible team they could with the roster they have

Half of the roster is rookies and 2nd year players... This team is very young and very inexperienced..

If we tanked, then the Jets intentionally tanked as well. That 0 Blitz call at the end of the Raiders game was the most blatant tank job anybody has ever seen. Never in the history of the NFL has that defense been called in that situation.
Gold: 250.00
Dec 28 2020 05:09pm
Quote (psudan @ Dec 28 2020 04:56pm)

First off, how can that be determined? Their roster sucks top to bottom.

Secondly, front offices tank but players and coaches don't. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Cleveland tanked, Miami tanked, the jets are currently tanking, and other teams have went through mini rebuilds as well.

This is a business. Sometimes the business benefits in the long run at the cost of the short term.
Gold: 400.00
Dec 28 2020 06:47pm
Quote (Hako @ Dec 28 2020 06:07pm)
Half of the roster is rookies and 2nd year players... This team is very young and very inexperienced..

If we tanked, then the Jets intentionally tanked as well. That 0 Blitz call at the end of the Raiders game was the most blatant tank job anybody has ever seen. Never in the history of the NFL has that defense been called in that situation.

Quote (696969696969696969696969696969 @ Dec 28 2020 06:09pm)
First off, how can that be determined? Their roster sucks top to bottom.

Secondly, front offices tank but players and coaches don't. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Cleveland tanked, Miami tanked, the jets are currently tanking, and other teams have went through mini rebuilds as well.

This is a business. Sometimes the business benefits in the long run at the cost of the short term.

I think Mr. 69 answered your question Hako. Dr. Heat was fired immediately after that. It wasn't an organizational call it was just our DC clearly having an issue with something. The players were not happy about that one bit.
But the Jets fielded the best team they could every week based on their roster, they didn't sit their QB or top playmakers when they were healthy enough to play. That's tanking
Dec 28 2020 07:00pm
Quote (psudan @ Dec 28 2020 04:47pm)
I think Mr. 69 answered your question Hako. Dr. Heat was fired immediately after that. It wasn't an organizational call it was just our DC clearly having an issue with something. The players were not happy about that one bit.
But the Jets fielded the best team they could every week based on their roster, they didn't sit their QB or top playmakers when they were healthy enough to play. That's tanking

They made him the fall guy, lets be real here.

And exactly which of our top playmakers did we sit that were healthy enough to play??

Minshew had multiple fractures and torn ligaments in his thumb on his throwing hand. It was the same injury Drew Brees had last year where he missed multiple games.

This post was edited by Hako on Dec 28 2020 07:02pm
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1242526272834Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll