d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official New York Jets Fan Thread
Prev11516171819125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 670.00
Dec 27 2012 10:37am
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Mark Sanchez to start season finale due to Greg McElroy concussion, team announces
Gold: 1,120.01
Dec 27 2012 10:40am
Quote (GangStarr @ Dec 27 2012 12:37pm)
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Mark Sanchez to start season finale due to Greg McElroy concussion, team announces

660 yards, 8 TDs

Becomes Jets starting QB next yr
Gold: 2,227.27
Dec 27 2012 10:45am
Tebow Tebow Tebow
Gold: 2,507.88
Dec 29 2012 01:10am
Quote (Jrue @ Dec 27 2012 11:45am)
Tebow Tebow Tebow

Rex would never play Tebow at this point.
Gold: Locked
Dec 29 2012 01:14am
i wont lie... i miss me some tebow time... lol
Gold: 198.00
Dec 29 2012 01:16am
at this point the Jets have just been a failure with Sanchez,

by any means, Sanchez only started 1year in college, comes out on a scenario dream for any rookie QB: Strong O-line, Strong D, Strong running game,

you can understand Sanchez not making everyone else around him being better in his first two years(which the Jets reached both times the AFC CHamp) what the problem is to begin with is the fact that Sanchez hasn't made the players around him better. Aka, I can understand that without Holmes, the wrs corps is weaken, but the throws/plays he has made are damn awful

another fact is, bringing Sparano is just.. ugh as o-coordinator. Sparano was Schotteimher v2. Aka it is nice to have a conservative O-coord when you have a young QB and it is the perfect deal; you got a great O-line, good running game, great D.. but after last's year failiure, you'D hope to see s1 who'D actually brg up the Jets Offense up... by bringing Sparano as O-coordinator, it was all over Sanchez being a rookie.. and it showed by this year..

anyway, Rex Ryan if Sanchez might have worked out, his talk and trash sort of game might have worked out superb... but by now, 2years in a row missing the playoffs... it's all ..

also to Jets fans, I'll always remember that Jets-Pats game.. one of my favourites playoffs games off all time lol
Dec 30 2012 11:40am
The Jets will be far from a walk-over this weekend in Western New York - too bad it’s week 17 of the season and NY’s playoff hopes road off into the sunset during the final MNF matchup of the season not two weeks ago. The J-E-T-S immaculate pass defence and ability to run the ball, not to mention their irrefutable familiarity with this Buffalo squad, will ensure a competitive final tally at Ralph Wilson Stadium this coming Sunday. That said, with home field and one of the league’s most explosive running backs on their side, the Bills are a good bet to win their final home game of the 2012-13 campaign.

^ Read that and agree pretty much completely. I bet on the Jets to cover a 3 point spread (though the line is 4.5 now LOL) and the Bills to win S/U. Should be a great game. I love both these teams, and I love football in the snow.
Jan 10 2013 11:52pm
Well LMFAO Jets lost against the Bills horribly, I thought I bumped this after the game. Oh well, I like the Bills anyway so 6-10 for both teams is nice, better draft pick for the Jets.

Anyway.

General Manager is fired. GOOD, Tannenbaum has been shit for years, hasn't picked up anyone worthwhile since Rex got there.
Offensive coordinator is fired. GOOD, we never should have picked up Sparano. Hopefully they get Norv or someone who can actually develop a QB.
Defensive coordinator declined extension on his contract, so he was picked up by Buffalo. Bad for Jets, good for Bills. Maybe the Billgods can get some defense in order - I think Pettine could have probably been a HC somewhere to be honest. He called most plays.
Special teams coach is retiring. Not sure how to feel about this. Westoff is one of the best to ever coach but this year was abysmal so I'm not too upset about it. Maybe he'll be an ESPN analyst lol.
Quarterbacks coach was fired (THANK GOD) - I was calling for his head by like, week six. Fuck Cavanaugh. Again, get someone who can develop young talent at QB, raise McElroy, see if something can be done with Sanchez, work with whoever the GM drafts.

Some other revamps I can't think of at the moment but if Rex's supporting staff doesn't shit the bed next year, I think this team can be strong again. Because to be honest, this is a team that managed to win 6 games with a 30th ranked offense and a QB committing the most turnovers in the past 2 years -it's just amazing how well the defense has played. No Revis and still #2 in pass defense. Cromartie stepped up big. Anyway my point is that the defensive part of it has been phenomenal, and Rex gets a significant portion of the credit for that, as he should, but he's not a DC anymore, he's a HC. And the team needs a better head coach. Not necessarily a different head coach - I think Rex has it in him, but he just hasn't quite gotten there yet. A better approach with the offense is one thing, but the fact that this team won 6 games with such a non-talented and injury depleted offense is pretty amazing to me.

Jan 20 2013 02:27pm
Okay - it's been a little over a week. Quick status report:

New General Manager: John Idzik from Seattle. I know he was really great when he was with Tampa and he made some good signings/managed cap for Seattle. I have a good feeling about him - he's worked with Dungy, Carroll, Holmgren, and built solid teams with them. While the jury is still out on this, I feel like anyone is an upgrade from Tannenbaum.
New Offensive Coordinator: Marty Mornhinweg from Philadelphia. I actually am relieved with this. I wanted Norv, but the Browns hired him (and I think he'll be great for Weeden). I heard some rumors saying we got Pat Shurmur or Cam Cameron and I was just like "please for the love of god no" but I feel good about this. Despite the Eagles sucking recently, you can't blame the offensive coordinator. I've seen them generate ~400 yards of offense in many a game, despite turning the ball over in the red-zone, and I think he will understand the necessity of protecting the fucking ball since it got him fired LOL. He's also going to bring more of a wide-out centered passing attack to the Jets, which is what they should've been doing these past two years, really. I just hope Vick isn't coming with him.
New Defensive Coordinator: Promoted Dennis Thurman from DB coach to DC - should be a good move. The Jets safetys and cornerback played excellent while he was DB coach, and he was even DB coach in Baltimore while Rex was DC, so they go back a long way.
New Special Teams Coordinator: Promoted Ben Kotwica, who was already assistant special teams coach and had done a good job. Special team with him and Westoff coaching them were pretty good until these past two years. Especially this year where a bunch of things fell apart (first time a blocked punt was returned for a TD against the Jets since like 1984 vs Buffalo, terrible kickoff coverage, set NFL record for fair catches, not running stuff back, etc.)
New Quarterbacks Coach: I can't find any information on this. I know they shipped off Matt Cavanaugh to the Bears (poor Jay-Jay Chicken Cutlets™), but I can't find who their new QB coach is anywhere. Maybe they haven't released this information.
Gold: 2.00
Jan 20 2013 02:31pm
Why do the jets suck dick so much?
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev11516171819125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll