d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official New York Jets Fan Thread
Prev11415161718125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,507.88
Dec 17 2012 05:20pm
Locker is the most accurate deep ball passer in the league.
Jets are desperate but Titans want to play spoiler - CJ even said "I'm not gonna let them walk over me - this is a matter of pride" and shit like that.

I have mixed feelings about tonight but I think if the Jets don't turn it over too much they can do it.
Gold: 66.01
Dec 17 2012 05:34pm
Quote (Falcon_A @ Dec 17 2012 11:20pm)
Locker is the most accurate deep ball passer in the league.
Jets are desperate but Titans want to play spoiler - CJ even said "I'm not gonna let them walk over me - this is a matter of pride" and shit like that.

I have mixed feelings about tonight but I think if the Jets don't turn it over too much they can do it.

jet's suck stfu and give up
Dec 17 2012 11:40pm
Braylon was a beast, gotta say. There were a couple times Sanchez just threw it up there to see if he'd come down with it, and he beat his man but safety got the INT because it was overthrown. A few things that were like, "Wow, that was your chance..." and "Hmm, you're getting ANOTHER last hope, don't fuck it up" and they did. Just wasn't meant to be I suppose. Was an interesting game at times, but one of the more frustrating ones to watch.

Quote (dTpBeaTDoWN @ Dec 17 2012 06:34pm)
jet's suck stfu and give up

5 turnovers vs 0 turnovers. what did I fucking say. somehow they turn the ball over 5 times and only lost by 4 points. That's how fucking good the defense played tonight. don't even come at me.

This post was edited by Falcon_A on Dec 17 2012 11:41pm
Dec 18 2012 12:02am
OH LOL THE IRONY:

Jets Want to Turn Over the Titans Tonight

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/Jets-Want-to-Turn-Over-the-Titans-Tonight/ef7a0162-5033-4618-879b-d209e2aadcdf

bahahahahaha

Taking the Ball from the Titans

"Every day in practice for weeks," said CB Ellis Lankster, "we've been trying to rip the ball out of the offense's hands, try to snatch at it all the time, try to intercept everything."

"You do that enough," LB Garrett McIntyre added, "then you create good habits, and usually good things start happening."

lol'd

Just as head coach Rex Ryan, offensive coordinator Tony Sparano and QBs coach Matt Cavanaugh have stressed Sanchez to be more judicious with the ball, the defensive side has been hearing from Ryan, DC Mike Pettine and the defensive staff about the importance of separating the opponents from the leather.

ULTRA LOL'D

Meanwhile:

"The final meaningful play of the season was also the most painful one. The Jets forced a three-and-out after Sanchez's fourth pick, leading to a shanked 19-yard punt by Titans punter Brett Kern that gave the Jets the ball at Tennessee's 25 with 47 seconds to play. On first down, a low snap by Nick Mangold slipped through Sanchez fingers and bounced to the turf before being recovered by the Titans."

Also I wanted to bump this thread but I'm like... a week and a half too late. :( http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=64536194&f=204

This post was edited by Falcon_A on Dec 18 2012 12:21am
Dec 20 2012 12:46am
So, by now everyone's heard that McElroy will be starting the final two Jets games. I figured they'd make a QB change after their 8th loss. 6-8 right now and eliminated from playoff "contention" if we were really calling a 6-7 team that had pretty much no offense most of the season a contender...

But here's NEWS:

Jets looking to trade Sanchez:

A day after announcing they are benching starting quarterback Mark Sanchez, the New York Jets are shopping him around, gauging trade interest around the league, according to numerous reports Wednesday.

The New York Daily News went so far as to say that Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick, who like Sanchez has fallen out of favor with his current team, would be open to coming to the Jets if Sanchez is no longer the QB. And the feeling may be mutual.

“Bring it on,” the Daily News quoted a Jets source as saying about adding Vick if he is available. “He was hit too many times [behind a subpar offensive line] the last two years.”

“Ryan loves him,” the Daily News quoted a team official as saying about head coach Rex Ryan’s feelings about Vick.

Vick to the Jets? It could happen, apparently.
Gold: 41,504.11
Dec 20 2012 01:01am
how many times have you attempted to suicide while watching a jets game this year?
Dec 20 2012 12:25pm
Quote (lifehouse @ Dec 20 2012 02:01am)
how many times have you attempted to suicide while watching a jets game this year?

I have watched every offensive snap of Jets football this year.

It is not unlike the intestinal crank.

The (conscious) victim was tied to a table, where an incision was made to his abdomen wide enough for the torturer’s hand to fit inside. His small intestine was then separated from the bottom of the stomach with a hook and attached to a crank. Slowly, the crank would turn, pulling out the intestine from the gut inch by inch. The victim, and those witnessing the torture, would see anywhere between 9 to 18 feet (3 to 6 meters) collect around the shaft of the crank.

This device was used to gather information from criminals, though as soon as the process started, there was no point in stopping; no one survived the crank. People died from a combination of extreme pain and blood loss.
Dec 23 2012 05:20pm
lol this team. they fooled me and made me think they were actually giving a fuck when I watched the first quarter. Can't tell if tanking for draft pick or just terrible. I'm okay either way.
Dec 24 2012 02:33pm
Greg McElroy was sacked 11 times in case you guys didn't know. I'm amazed he even made it through the fucking game.
Dec 26 2012 05:08pm
Omg, McElroy is INJURED. I mean who wouldn't be after 11 sacks.

But LOL all 3 QBs might be dressing on Sunday

Greg McElroy surfaced on the injury report today with an abdomen injury, though he will practice fully today. Rex Ryan wasn't alerted to the injury in-game but assumed it occurred on one of the 11 sacks the QB sustained on Sunday.

He is still slated to get the start Sunday in Buffalo against the Bills, but with a depth chart hurting at almost every position, Ryan said there could be room to activate all three quarterbacks again like he did last Sunday.

"It's certainly a possibility and right now with this (injury report) we might not have that many," Ryan said.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev11415161718125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll