d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Destiny Football Release Thread
Prev1132713281329133013311440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 25 2018 04:51am
Quote (TooNArmY @ Apr 25 2018 03:39am)
How's what? Multiple guys stacked up in a corner, 3 guys hit you in the foot with vigilance wing and you're dead..

It's a trash meta, this game was better before they ditched the radar and made vigilance wing a thing. It's a garbage gun.

This has always been a problem for destiny. I honestly think their best bet is making ARs meets since it requires people to aim for more than 1-2 shot to kill.

Funny that a gun that was useless the entire time I played is amazing now, shit seems to happen that way.
Gold: 20,023.46
Apr 25 2018 05:00am
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Apr 24 2018 11:48pm)
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8eq5os/gigz_here_i_want_to_clear_up_confusion_about/

Apparently I'm wrong again and it's the 3rd highest rank which is top 40%. I'll be insulted if we don't get it. But Gigz needs to work on the way he communicates. If there's multiple misunderstandings about something you said it's on you, not the audience.

We can definitely handle that, I'm down to grind a bit. Gotta finish god of war in the next two weeks... I've been putting about an hour a day into it, not far enough yet to really have its hooks in me.
Gold: 6,313.21
Apr 25 2018 05:55am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 25 2018 06:51am)
This has always been a problem for destiny. I honestly think their best bet is making ARs meets since it requires people to aim for more than 1-2 shot to kill.

Funny that a gun that was useless the entire time I played is amazing now, shit seems to happen that way.

It’s a 5 round burst so optimal TTK needs ten crits

What Toon is talking about with people stacked up is a problem with D2 not VWing.

Quote (Mangina @ Apr 25 2018 07:00am)
We can definitely handle that, I'm down to grind a bit. Gotta finish god of war in the next two weeks... I've been putting about an hour a day into it, not far enough yet to really have its hooks in me.

If we can’t manage top 40% I’m retiring.
Apr 25 2018 09:27am
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Apr 25 2018 07:55am)

What Toon is talking about with people stacked up is a problem with D2 not VWing.

Lmao. Bad kids are bad.
Gold: 3.00
Apr 25 2018 03:25pm
No wonder i see ppl use wing more zzz
Gold: 153,835.00
Apr 26 2018 06:45pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Apr 25 2018 05:55am)

Not even stacked up, it's just too strong.

One trigger pull anywhere near the top half of your body does like 100 dmg.. it's too much.

Good example.. on distant shore I was fighting someone in B cave and crushed him 1v1, healed, and when I was reloading someone came around the corner and sprayed me with an AR a little.. no big deal but I was running back to A spawn / cave just a little weak, and as I ran across that opening from A spawn through the middle creek to C (comp heavy rock) I got one shot from across the map by a vigilance wing.. like no other gun could even get close to killing me running past that door, but I got a little spray, running and got cross mapped by one trigger pull.

It's just dumb, and that happens too much, I'm not talking full hp 1v1, but if everyone walking around with a 100 dmg trigger pull you can't get anywhere on the map and it's cancer.
Gold: 6,313.21
Apr 26 2018 07:50pm
There will be one Exotic Masterwork per Exotic weapon that exists so far in Destiny 2. In order to begin the Masterwork process, players will have to find an Exotic Masterwork Catalyst. When inspecting the Exotic, there will be a hint at what activities can grant the catalyst for that weapon. Not all Exotic Masterworks have the same drop rates. Some Exotic Masterwork weapons are guaranteed after a certain amount of engagement, while others are earned at random.

Once acquired, the catalyst can be applied to immediately enable orb generation on double kills for the weapon. Exotic weapons with a catalyst applied will also start tracking enemies defeated, like their Legendary Masterwork weapon counterparts.

After applying the catalyst, there will be bounty-like objectives available that need to be completed in order to upgrade to the final Masterwork state, which will apply stat/perk bonuses to the weapon.

A few Masterworks will require you to do a single thing, where others will have multiple steps. These objectives will vary in difficulty and length, but will not be determined by RNG. The goal for these objectives is to push the player to engage with the weapon that they wish to make into a full Masterwork.

When it comes to difficulty, there are a few Exotic Masterworks paired with difficult activities or accomplishments in-game. We’re expecting that there may be one or two Exotic Masterwork weapons that give players the opportunity to set goals in mastering specific activities in order to earn their most desired Masterwork.

To get ahead of a few questions we’re expecting, here’s a quick roundup of more specific notes:
Exotic weapon Masterwork pursuits only need to be done once per account- you don’t have to chase your white whale on each character.
Through the Masterwork process, duplicate drops of an Exotic weapon via engrams, milestones, or even the Exotic Collection will be initialized at your current Masterwork upgrade state.
The Exotic Masterwork process takes place fully in the weapon details screen – there won’t be any objectives that take up character inventory space.
Not all Exotic Masterworks will be available immediately when Season 3 begins. If you inspect an Exotic Weapon and a Masterwork socket is not visible, the catalyst is not yet available.
We won’t be publishing guides on how to acquire specific Exotic Masterworks. This is in your hands!

As with all things in Destiny 2, these new features are subject to evolution. We’ll be monitoring acquisition rates and community reaction once these are in the wild and adjusting as needed.

Tractor Cannon applies 10 second suppression now. In Crucible it'll work the same as a suppression grenade - pulled out of super, can't double jump, etc.

If you break a shield on a super with the matching element, damage is doubled until reloaded. Meaning 1 shot body kill.

Instead of using your normal skill value when in a Fireteam, we will use a modified value that takes your Fireteam size into account. The larger your Fireteam, the larger the potential modification. We don’t want to try to completely nullify the benefit of team-play, so our initial values are conservative and can (and will) be tuned as we see the system working in the wild. All of these settings can be configured on our servers without waiting for a new update, so we'll be able to make additional tweaks based on what we see.
Gold: 92,057.53
Apr 26 2018 08:30pm
Quote (TooNArmY @ Apr 26 2018 08:45pm)
Not even stacked up, it's just too strong.

One trigger pull anywhere near the top half of your body does like 100 dmg.. it's too much.

Good example.. on distant shore I was fighting someone in B cave and crushed him 1v1, healed, and when I was reloading someone came around the corner and sprayed me with an AR a little.. no big deal but I was running back to A spawn / cave just a little weak, and as I ran across that opening from A spawn through the middle creek to C (comp heavy rock) I got one shot from across the map by a vigilance wing.. like no other gun could even get close to killing me running past that door, but I got a little spray, running and got cross mapped by one trigger pull.

It's just dumb, and that happens too much, I'm not talking full hp 1v1, but if everyone walking around with a 100 dmg trigger pull you can't get anywhere on the map and it's cancer.

Idk why you keep saying “100 dmg trigger pull.” The gun does 20 damage per headshot, 15 per body. You will rarely hit all headshots in a burst. So I’m questioning where the hell you get “100 dmg anywhere near the top half of your body” from? At 10 headshots, the kill time is 0.83 seconds. In any gunfight situation you’ll encounter, I doubt you’re pulling 10/10 given the recoil and clunky handling of the gun. If you have to go to the third burst, your time to kill will often times be above the 1 second mark, bringing it up to the time to kill of basically every other gun (many if not all of them doesn’t require a 100% headshot rate) in the game.

Vigilance wing is far from the overpowered gun you’re suggesting it to be. Personally, I don’t like its handling and think that it’s not worth using given that antiope-d is in the same slot. Antiope-d + darkest below provides much more versatility for the gunfights that occur in the game (medium and close range).

Gold: 153,835.00
Apr 27 2018 12:26am
You didn't even read my post. Rip.
Apr 27 2018 07:00am
I'm actually considering taking the 9th off.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1132713281329133013311440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll