d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Destiny Football Release Thread
Prev1131013111312131313141440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.80
Jan 11 2018 11:55am
Quote (TooNArmY @ Jan 9 2018 10:42pm)
I agree more or less. The maps are very meh. I remember halo maps having a lot of cool places to stand and what not. All that fun stuff is removed from games now it seems.

guardian, last resort, and the pit >>>
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 11 2018 02:48pm
Quote (Sjax @ Jan 11 2018 09:55am)
guardian, last resort, and the pit >>>

Agree with Guardian/The Pit, those were my two favorite maps, but Last Resort was a TERRIBLE comp man, which is why it wasn't in MLG playlists.

The Pit > Guardian > Narrows > Onslaught > Construct > Amplified

For pubs

Valhalla > Last Resort > Sand Trap (I dropped 100+ kills on this map multiple times, and had my highest kill/no death game on this map 76/0) > Blackout > High ground > Isolation > Epitaph

I hated most of the other maps. I remember a few more of the top of my head, but it's getting slim... I didn't play much of the xpac maps, since I always did ranked/MLG, and those maps weren't in the rotation. I did have one of my best acid trips though on the week of one of the Halo3 xpac drops, they had a special playlist with just the new maps, and it was like Christmas noob bad. It was all objective games, and I was just going 60/10 like every single fucking game just frying my ass off. It was amazing.

Fuck man... now I want to play Halo. I wonder if I can get anyone to play Halo5 with me.
Gold: 6,313.21
Jan 11 2018 07:14pm
Faction Rally next week. Interesting change - all 3 have ARs.

Regarding MTX

Eververse
We recognize that the scales are tipped too far towards Tess at the moment, and Eververse was never intended to be a substitute for end game content and rewards. So, we’ll be making three changes for upcoming Seasons:
We’re shifting the balance of new content in favor of activity rewards over Bright Engrams. This includes adding Ghosts, Sparrows, and ships (to date found only in Bright Engrams) to achievement reward pools.
We'll provide a gameplay path to earn Bright Engrams and all contained rewards (including Event Engrams).
We’ll give players more direct purchase options and make adjustments to Bright Engrams to allow players to get the items they want more often.

We’ve begun implementing these changes for the Crimson Days event beginning February 13 (with even more changes on the way in Season 3):
Completing Nightfall, Raid, and Crimson Days milestones during Crimson Days will reward you an exclusive Legendary Emote, Weapon Skin, and Exotic Sparrow, respectively.
Players will earn double engrams at level-up: one Crimson Engram and one Illuminated Engram for the duration of the event.
Crimson Engrams can also drop from completing the Crimson Days match and from completing the Crimson Days milestone on each character.
Each Crimson Engram is very strongly weighted to new rewards when decrypted until all new event items have been obtained.

-Still working on XP rates

1/30:
-Masterwork Armor
-Raid Ghost with Raid Perks
-Raid Armor reworked to include mods with Raid Perks
-Major encounters will drop Raid items
-Raid vendor will sell specific items

February update
-Strike scoring
-Mod rework - "This will focus on reducing redundant mods, more unique theming, and greatly increasing their impact on your power"
-Exotic duplicates reduced
-Fireteam members on world map

Spring timeline
-Crucible ranks
---Valor - goes up off playtime. Winning speeds it up, no loss penalty. Basically a level system like CoD
---Glory - W/L based rank
-Private Matches, still not custom games
-6v6
-Season ranks with rewards for vendors
-Fix for repeating strikes back to back
-Vault space expansion of 50 spots, other solutions being considered
-Heroic Strike challenges

"Fall 2018 or sooner"
-Item Collections and Records (Kiosks)
-Weapon slot and archetype improvements
-More Crucible playlists - Rumble specifically named
-Masterwork Exotics
-Solo vs Premade balancing
Gold: 20,023.46
Jan 11 2018 07:36pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Jan 11 2018 08:14pm)
Faction Rally next week. Interesting change - all 3 have ARs.

Regarding MTX

-Still working on XP rates

1/30:
-Masterwork Armor
-Raid Ghost with Raid Perks
-Raid Armor reworked to include mods with Raid Perks
-Major encounters will drop Raid items
-Raid vendor will sell specific items

February update
-Strike scoring
-Mod rework - "This will focus on reducing redundant mods, more unique theming, and greatly increasing their impact on your power"
-Exotic duplicates reduced
-Fireteam members on world map

Spring timeline
-Crucible ranks
---Valor - goes up off playtime. Winning speeds it up, no loss penalty. Basically a level system like CoD
---Glory - W/L based rank
-Private Matches, still not custom games
-6v6
-Season ranks with rewards for vendors
-Fix for repeating strikes back to back
-Vault space expansion of 50 spots, other solutions being considered
-Heroic Strike challenges

"Fall 2018 or sooner"
-Item Collections and Records (Kiosks)
-Weapon slot and archetype improvements
-More Crucible playlists - Rumble specifically named
-Masterwork Exotics
-Solo vs Premade balancing

If anything, this just confirms what Schreier said about Destiny 2 also getting a major rework ~16 months before launch like D1. All of this is obvious "why wasn't this in the game at launch" shit that was mostly included in D1 and inexplicably removed from D2.

That being said, I was hoping for a lot of what they addressed and was happy to see some significant changes.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 11 2018 08:16pm
Destiny two sucks balls
Jan 11 2018 08:57pm
Quote (Mangina @ Jan 11 2018 08:36pm)
If anything, this just confirms what Schreier said about Destiny 2 also getting a major rework ~16 months before launch like D1. All of this is obvious "why wasn't this in the game at launch" shit that was mostly included in D1 and inexplicably removed from D2.

That being said, I was hoping for a lot of what they addressed and was happy to see some significant changes.

We had the signs that there was way before he called it out - a sudden year delay that forced a last minute DLC, posting for new jobs high up on the writing team, etc.

These are all nice changes, but Fall '18 is a bit far out to get excited for. They really need to pump these a lot of this list out before DLC2.
Jan 25 2018 05:31pm
Masterwork armor adds some random BS as well as 3% damage reduction while in Super. Stacks so you can get 15% total.

Raid item can drop from any encounter directly.
Exotics added to raid pool.
New raid ghost - chance of bright engram on completing encounter, increases each time you don't get one. Perk that makes it so exotics dropped in the raid won't be things you have
Raid mods can be reused at the cost of a token. Includes things like 25% extra elemental damage in the raid

IB and Raid vendor will sell gear, Raid vendor will require you beat the raid that week to buy it

Won't draw the masses back, but it's a step in the right direction to make DLC2 last.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 25 2018 05:54pm
Shit that should have all been done in D1, but I'm glad to see them actually making obvious but good improvements.
Gold: 20,023.46
Jan 25 2018 08:28pm
Meh
Jan 31 2018 06:28pm
Looks like DLC2 is May and maybe I can convince some of you to come back in a month or two.

Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1131013111312131313141440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll