d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Destiny Football Release Thread
Prev1129712981299130013011440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 28 2017 08:37pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Nov 28 2017 06:34pm)
It's just how gamers are. Whiny entitled assholes ruin a great hobby. "I played this game for 100 hours and there's nothing left to do!" Well no shit. Maybe don't play the game as a full time job if you're not going to accept that you'll get tired of it.

The ones I truly can't understand though are the people who say "The game is fun but there's no incentive to play." When did having fun with a game stop being the incentive to play it? EA got mocked for their statement on BF2 but they nailed it when they said players need a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Agree 1000%. I've bitched at people too much already for complaining about just that. I had a good time with the game, and I got plenty of time into it before I had felt like I'd done everything, and I hadn't even finished lvling all 3 of my guys, hadn't even legit started a 3rd, although I've got 2x full sets of 305 hunter. I'm still not sure if I'll play this expansion, or any of the expansions, but it was still a great game, and better than the first one at launch by a decent margin imo. People are entitled and annoying little bitches.
Gold: 20,023.46
Nov 28 2017 08:37pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Nov 28 2017 04:15pm)
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/935612476758007808

Reddit cried so much that Bungie actually cancelled their stream. God I hate gamers.

What the fuck
Gold: 6,313.21
Nov 28 2017 08:40pm
Quote (Mangina @ Nov 28 2017 09:37pm)
What the fuck

My only guess is that the stream featured a lot of Eververse gear and they're in full damage control mode after the XP stuff gained too much traction.
Gold: 1,550.01
Nov 28 2017 08:51pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Nov 28 2017 07:40pm)
My only guess is that the stream featured a lot of Eververse gear and they're in full damage control mode after the XP stuff gained too much traction.

It was clear from Reddit that people wanted to discuss topics that had nothing to do with the actual expansion. They were going to go into an uproar since Bungie wasn’t planning on addressing those issues so Bungie skipped the stream. Probably would have a bunch of Everese gear which calling it “gear” is a bit of a misnomer itself. That subreddit is only out for blood and is the biggest reason we don’t get that much communication from Bungie.
Nov 28 2017 09:00pm
Quote (OtterJethro @ Nov 28 2017 09:51pm)
It was clear from Reddit that people wanted to discuss topics that had nothing to do with the actual expansion. They were going to go into an uproar since Bungie wasn’t planning on addressing those issues so Bungie skipped the stream. Probably would have a bunch of Everese gear which calling it “gear” is a bit of a misnomer itself. That subreddit is only out for blood and is the biggest reason we don’t get that much communication from Bungie.

But they tell me all the time that if Bungie just told them things, even things they don't want to hear, they'd be way more accepting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7g65k5/ps_luke_and_mark_if_theres_popular_suggestions_to/
Nov 28 2017 09:36pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Nov 28 2017 08:00pm)
But they tell me all the time that if Bungie just told them things, even things they don't want to hear, they'd be way more accepting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7g65k5/ps_luke_and_mark_if_theres_popular_suggestions_to/

I saw that thread earlier and laughed. People act like they will be fine with being told something they don’t want to hear but I deal with people acting this way and being upset with it all the time. So few people actually want to hear the truth if they disagree with it.
Nov 28 2017 09:44pm
Quote (OtterJethro @ Nov 28 2017 10:36pm)
I saw that thread earlier and laughed. People act like they will be fine with being told something they don’t want to hear but I deal with people acting this way and being upset with it all the time. So few people actually want to hear the truth if they disagree with it.

My favorite is this exchange:

OP: Well you can't please the angry mob of idiots all the time. If reasonable guardians of the community with some pull and influence understand then maybe they can help soothe the ignorant folks who aren't ever happy.

Random: I think that requires some reasonable guardians though.

OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not.

Hang on.

OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not. OP: There's more reasonable ones here than not.

I can't stop laughing at it. These kids are so delusional that they think their behavior has been reasonable. Rofl.
Nov 28 2017 09:48pm
That thread is a prime example of why Bungie should rarely talk. All the people think Destiny 1 at the end was that way because of the subreddit... like wow.
Nov 28 2017 09:58pm
Quote (OtterJethro @ Nov 28 2017 10:48pm)
That thread is a prime example of why Bungie should rarely talk. All the people think Destiny 1 at the end was that way because of the subreddit... like wow.

There was an article a few weeks back that talked about how devs are afraid to engage with players because of all the hate they receive. People laughed at the article and claimed that if devs were open with them they would never act negatively. Shortly after, people involved with Battlefront got death threats. I think that really sums up gamers and how they see themselves versus how they actually are.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 28 2017 10:45pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Nov 28 2017 07:58pm)
There was an article a few weeks back that talked about how devs are afraid to engage with players because of all the hate they receive. People laughed at the article and claimed that if devs were open with them they would never act negatively. Shortly after, people involved with Battlefront got death threats. I think that really sums up gamers and how they see themselves versus how they actually are.

:rofl:

It's difficult though you know.... I'm sure A LOT of gamers are completely reasonable, if not the vast majority of them, but just like with politics, or football, or anything, it's always the most annoying, least informed, and most sickeningly inhuman fuckwads, who get heard the most, since they live and breathe being pieces of shit on the internet.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1129712981299130013011440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll