d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread
Prev1126712681269127012711463Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,438,530.92
Oct 7 2019 03:32am
Quote (Winlaw @ Oct 7 2019 04:02am)
I’d love to see a veteran like Emmanuel Sanders tbh. I doubt they make a move for a WR, but I do agree that it would be wise

I've seen A.J. Green's name in rumors, that would be interesting. I really doubt the Vikings would trade Diggs in the division if they can't make things work in Minnesota. Dez is still working his way back, I haven't read much about him.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 7 2019 05:13am
Quote (Cheesehead @ Oct 6 2019 08:40pm)
Fair. A new offense and the least amount of receiving talent we've had in a decade also doesn't help. And that was before injuries. Going to be an interesting month and the true test will be against the Lions and Chiefs. Lions have had our number and the Chiefs are the team to beat that isn't led by Belicheat and Tim Bradley.

I agree about those teams being the teams to beat. No one's giving the lions any credit this year but I think they are our biggest divisional challenge
Gold: 74.00
Oct 7 2019 05:17am
Quote (Nede @ Oct 7 2019 01:13pm)
I agree about those teams being the teams to beat. No one's giving the lions any credit this year but I think they are our biggest divisional challenge

Wait ur packtard fan?
Gold: 400.50
Warn: 10%
Oct 7 2019 05:18am
Quote (Cheesehead @ Oct 6 2019 09:40pm)
Fair. A new offense and the least amount of receiving talent we've had in a decade also doesn't help. And that was before injuries. Going to be an interesting month and the true test will be against the Lions and Chiefs. Lions have had our number and the Chiefs are the team to beat that isn't led by Belicheat and Tim Bradley.

The receiving core is a bit dissapointing I agree. I think it's time to put kumerow in there full time. Mvs looks lost on anything but a go route and not on the same page as rogers. Allison also just doesnt look fluid though he has much better hands than mvs.
Gold: 3,570.21
Oct 7 2019 05:48am
Quote (Lakeshow906 @ Oct 7 2019 02:40am)
It may be time to pick up another receiver. I'm not sure who may come available but they should check out the market the next couple weeks. Adding another wide receiver to pair with Adams with when he comes back could really help a pass offense that hasn't looked that good considering they have Rodgers and Adams along with a decent OL. They've shoved a lot of chips in the middle right now with the big contracts they signed in the off season and I think they need to invest in adding a No. 2 WR if one becomes available before the deadline in 3 weeks.

Allison - 28 yards
Valdes-Scantling - 18 yards
Kumerow - 9 yards

4 catches for 55 yards from WR's.

*Graham - 41 yards

Big contracts in the off-season? They let 4 vets walk and have 2 big contracts coming up to decide on at the end of this season. What contracts did they ink up after last year ended? If anything they created more space by letting Matthews, Cobb, Perry and Daniels walk. Why do you think we signed the Smith's and Amos? If you're referring to those deals as the ones that mean we're "all in", I'm afraid to say that's just the price of free agency. You pay a little more for a player. It's not like they did a Zeke, Cousins or top-dollar FA deal that will kill them down the stretch
Oct 7 2019 07:03am
Quote (Cheesehead @ Oct 7 2019 06:48am)
Big contracts in the off-season? They let 4 vets walk and have 2 big contracts coming up to decide on at the end of this season. What contracts did they ink up after last year ended? If anything they created more space by letting Matthews, Cobb, Perry and Daniels walk. Why do you think we signed the Smith's and Amos? If you're referring to those deals as the ones that mean we're "all in", I'm afraid to say that's just the price of free agency. You pay a little more for a player. It's not like they did a Zeke, Cousins or top-dollar FA deal that will kill them down the stretch

It's just alarming to see how inefficient we are without Adam's out there.
Gold: 400.50
Warn: 10%
Oct 7 2019 07:33am
Quote (Nede @ Oct 7 2019 09:03am)
It's just alarming to see how inefficient we are without Adam's out there.

I counted at least twice where the receiver was supposed to go and instead sat on the route, they're not recognizing looks and processing information on the go which is a necessity for Rogers to get you the ball.
Oct 7 2019 07:40am
Quote (crunkinator @ Oct 7 2019 08:33am)
I counted at least twice where the receiver was supposed to go and instead sat on the route, they're not recognizing looks and processing information on the go which is a necessity for Rogers to get you the ball.

Yea iirc it was MVS both times missing the read
Gold: 2,438,530.92
Oct 7 2019 02:32pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Oct 7 2019 07:48am)

I never used the term "all in". I said "a lot" implying that they have invested enough right now that they should invest what it takes at this point for a shot at the Superbowl by spending capital on a WR because the WR's have looked awful besides Adams. Rodgers is going to be 36 soon and hasn't been the same QB he was the last couple years and could use more help.

Contracts since last year:

Rodgers: 4yr/134m = 33.5m
Z. Smith 4yr/66m = 16.5m
P. Smith 4yr/52m = 13m
Amos 4yr/36m = 9m
Turner 4yr/28m = 7m
Lowry 3yr/20.3m = 6.7m

Total = 85.7m

Prior Contracts:

Rodgers = 22m (5/110)
Matthews = 13m (5/65m)
Perry = 12m (5/60m)
Daniels = 10.5m (4/42m)
Cobb = 10m (4/40m)

Total = 67.5m

They definitely didn't create more salary cap space and are basically trying to push it off until later based on the structure on a few of the contracts they signed. I know both Smith's contracts are back loaded for cap hit purposes. If anything they have created less cap flexibility down the road.

Which 2 big contracts are you referring to coming up? I assumed you are talking about Clark and Martinez. I'm not sure though because they have multiple decisions coming up at the end of the year. Graham and Taylor(unless Bulaga is let go) will be cut or restructured. I'd restructure Graham with an incentive base contract if possible. Clark, Martinez, and Baktiari should all be in conversations for extensions. If Jones stays healthy he should be on the extensions list as well. Bulaga is going to be a tougher decision because he is a good RT when healthy and is a big piece to keeping Rodgers healthy but he isn't always healthy. Turner could slide over to tackle and they keep Taylor if they let Bulaga walk. It also may not be a bad idea to try and get ahead on an Alexander deal if they can. He had a rough time with Cooper yesterday but he looks like the best corner they have had in awhile.
Gold: 1,303.00
Oct 7 2019 03:07pm
Quote (crunkinator @ Oct 7 2019 06:18am)
The receiving core is a bit dissapointing I agree. I think it's time to put kumerow in there full time. Mvs looks lost on anything but a go route and not on the same page as rogers. Allison also just doesnt look fluid though he has much better hands than mvs.

Pretty certain Aaron picks his receivers and if Kumerow isn't in, it's probably for a reason.

It would be nice to pick up a better receiver, but winning probably won't allow that. Even though when winning is easily your best opportunity to pick up more decent players because no one wants to play for a losing team.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1126712681269127012711463Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll