d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Destiny Football Release Thread
Prev1122512261227122812291440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 102,057.53
Oct 7 2017 11:20am
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Oct 6 2017 06:01pm)
Nah, most of Reddit realizes how shitty Reddit can be. There some subs (especially the political ones) that will never admit it, but the rest of the site understands.

DTG though has different thoughts.

They're apparently top 1% of the playerbase even though the majority hates PvP. I've had people tell me that the one weekly PvP activity should have a PvE alternative. The game should be balanced with only PvE in mind and PvP should deal with whatever that causes. Bungie ruined the game by trying to make it an e-sport, even though anybody who knows a thing about Bungie knows they've always hated e-sports.

They're 1% players even though a ton of them haven't completed the raid or struggle to get it done once a week. They absolutely despise the NF timer because even if it takes 7 hours to do the strike, they should be able to do it at their pace and get end game rewards. Won't even attempt Prestige content. Already seeing the popular opinion become that the Prestige raid isn't worth doing because increased difficulty isn't worth it for no special gear.

So apparently bitching about the game for hours every day makes you a top 1% player. Man I got a kick out of seeing the wake up call they got when D1 went to skill based matchmaking and showed them that they were bad at PvP.

But that's all fine. It's typical of gamers to be entitled and think they're better than they are at the game. No what bothers me about the sub is that they take the good of others and apply it to themselves to say "Destiny has such a great community."

Twitch streamers put on a charity stream every year and raise 7 figures. That's being a good community. Reddit is not part of that.

Plenty of people in the community teach people to Raid or carry them through Trials for absolutely no money. They're good people. That's not Reddit. Hell, Reddit's opinion is that being a Guide isn't worth it because you don't get extra loot.

It's like if somebody on JSP got a doctorate and everybody said "JSP is full of intellectuals!" No, that dude's smart, you're just a jerkoff.

I don’t think they play pvp lol. And sbmm would actually help a majority of the posters because they’ll be matched with every other player who can’t even stay alive in a nf/raid, because they have no concept of hiding behind cover or knowing what lanes they can be shot from lol.

Gold: 15.00
Oct 7 2017 12:01pm
Whos down to do trials of the nine/nf/raid? Available pretty much all day

This post was edited by Sopranos on Oct 7 2017 12:01pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 7 2017 12:12pm
Quote (Sopranos @ Oct 7 2017 10:01am)
Whos down to do trials of the nine/nf/raid? Available pretty much all day

Down for any of the above this afternoon
Gold: 15.00
Oct 7 2017 12:34pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 7 2017 11:12am)
Down for any of the above this afternoon

Awwww yeah
Gold: 16.80
Oct 7 2017 12:45pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Oct 6 2017 04:01pm)
Nah, most of Reddit realizes how shitty Reddit can be. There some subs (especially the political ones) that will never admit it, but the rest of the site understands.

DTG though has different thoughts.

They're apparently top 1% of the playerbase even though the majority hates PvP. I've had people tell me that the one weekly PvP activity should have a PvE alternative. The game should be balanced with only PvE in mind and PvP should deal with whatever that causes. Bungie ruined the game by trying to make it an e-sport, even though anybody who knows a thing about Bungie knows they've always hated e-sports.

They're 1% players even though a ton of them haven't completed the raid or struggle to get it done once a week. They absolutely despise the NF timer because even if it takes 7 hours to do the strike, they should be able to do it at their pace and get end game rewards. Won't even attempt Prestige content. Already seeing the popular opinion become that the Prestige raid isn't worth doing because increased difficulty isn't worth it for no special gear.

So apparently bitching about the game for hours every day makes you a top 1% player. Man I got a kick out of seeing the wake up call they got when D1 went to skill based matchmaking and showed them that they were bad at PvP.

But that's all fine. It's typical of gamers to be entitled and think they're better than they are at the game. No what bothers me about the sub is that they take the good of others and apply it to themselves to say "Destiny has such a great community."

Twitch streamers put on a charity stream every year and raise 7 figures. That's being a good community. Reddit is not part of that.

Plenty of people in the community teach people to Raid or carry them through Trials for absolutely no money. They're good people. That's not Reddit. Hell, Reddit's opinion is that being a Guide isn't worth it because you don't get extra loot.

It's like if somebody on JSP got a doctorate and everybody said "JSP is full of intellectuals!" No, that dude's smart, you're just a jerkoff.

I think I just have a really small sample size. I only go to codzombies gears of war and DTG for shooter games and they all act pretty high and mighty. Like everything they feel matters than the other 99% of people enjoying the game and playing all day.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 6 2017 04:05pm)
I 100% agree with the comment, but yes, knowing who the person making the comment is, pretty clearly explains why this is a problem to a lot of people. Like the last destiny, I'm fine just not playing until more content gets added though. I don't know why people can't just be happy that they got 100 or 200 hours out of a game. Play something else for a bit and come back when there's more. I don't know why anyone is still surprised/outraged by this

I have like 1 day worth of time in give or take a few hours( havnt actually checked) but even so far it's given me my money's worth. I've been excited, pissed, even a little nervous through the game. Everyone expects everything right now and dont understand this is a 3 year game. Seems like that's everyone's mentality now. Give everything to me now and if you don't I'll get pissed and play a different game but if you do I'll complain I got everything too fast and go play a different game.

This post was edited by Fezbang on Oct 7 2017 12:49pm
Gold: 6,313.21
Oct 7 2017 12:57pm
Quote (Noun @ Oct 7 2017 01:20pm)
I don’t think they play pvp lol. And sbmm would actually help a majority of the posters because they’ll be matched with every other player who can’t even stay alive in a nf/raid, because they have no concept of hiding behind cover or knowing what lanes they can be shot from lol.

SBMM helped them but it also forced them to realize how bad they are. Unless you’re the no thumbs kid, there’s always somebody you shit on. So they got used to that and then all of a sudden they had to try just to go even and it was an outrage. Fucking hilarious.
Oct 7 2017 05:10pm
Anyone wanna run a quick NF or two right now?
Gold: 3.00
Oct 7 2017 05:24pm
Damn too bad im in olive garden -_-
Oct 7 2017 05:29pm
I got 1 more who's going to be on in 30. Anyone else want to join us?
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Oct 7 2017 05:30pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 7 2017 07:29pm)
I got 1 more who's going to be on in 30. Anyone else want to join us?

10/2/2017, 10:14:34 AM Sent -100.00 (100.82 -> 0.81) to Hawkeye
(5,053.42 -> 5,153.42)
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1122512261227122812291440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll