d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Destiny Football Release Thread
Prev1121612171218121912201440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 4 2017 02:47pm
Quote (crunkinator @ Oct 4 2017 12:45pm)
if you're willing i think my clan could use one person in a raid on Monday to give us a little extra dmg as we've been having issues on the last boss. I just did my first raid a couple days ago so basically you're making up for what i'm lacking because they do it fine without me.

Have you guys tried the 2 throne method? That's the best way to do it imo. Wayyyyy fucking easier for the people in the other dimension to deal with the psions and you stack way more skulls, meaning way fucking more damage to do on the boss. Worst I've done is a 2 phase and it was on the 1st platform that we dropped him when having to 2 phase.

I'd be glad to run with you guys/help though, just lmk.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 4 2017 02:47pm
Gold: 15.00
Oct 4 2017 03:09pm
Level 263, looking for a fireteam to join amd do my first weekly night fall and raid, if anyone wants to partner up! Xbox one platform
Oct 4 2017 03:12pm
Quote (Sopranos @ Oct 4 2017 01:09pm)
Level 263, looking for a fireteam to join amd do my first weekly night fall and raid, if anyone wants to partner up! Xbox one platform

I'd be willing to play with you.

You should really push to 265 before doing your nightfall. Once you're 265, do all your milestones. Crucible, Public Events on Earth (changes weekly), NF, Guild, and then the Raid. You should be 270-275 after doing all that other stuff and that'll be high enough to do the raid.

PM me your GT if you wanna party up.

I'm 305/305/303

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 4 2017 03:12pm
Gold: 69.00
Oct 4 2017 04:29pm
Anyone trying to raid right now? Wanna get as much done before my buddy gets off. Prolly got an hour, maybe two max. He's only done gauntlet though so may take a few tries
Oct 4 2017 04:34pm
Quote (Grizzy_Green @ Oct 4 2017 02:29pm)
Anyone trying to raid right now? Wanna get as much done before my buddy gets off. Prolly got an hour, maybe two max. He's only done gauntlet though so may take a few tries

I'm in class for 2 more hours. Tell him to watch videos man. All 3 of the encounters are stupidly easy if you know what you're doing, there's really no excuse for fucking up the execution. It's a pretty simple/fun raid, and if you know what to do, the execution is incredibly simple.

For Bath, the only thing you need is a heavy that can kill the bathers before or as they come out of their hole (if you don't have this, say that and make sure whoever's rotating stays and helps you dps down the bather before leaving and you do the same for them. For the middle, assign two people to adds, have them stay on the outside and then once people start running out of their protection, they switch to add control and the two previously on adds switch in. Should take 2 rotations for this.

For dogs, have him on the ground, explain to him to follow whoever's in charge closely and that's all he needs to do. Then, all you need is a sword or if you have bad dps, pair up next to someone who has high dps (you can 1 phase dogs EASY/or 2 phase it without getting any spores if you don't finish it in 1). Dogs is the simplest to do, but the execution can be difficult if people get anxious or the adds act funny (which they do at times).

Finally, for Gauntlet you just put your 2 best people slaying adds by themselves, four worst (not that they're bad or anything, but if you've got 2 people who are beast, have them run solo and it's good practice to see if those 2 will be able to handle throne as well, use them there too) people in groups of 2 slaying adds and then they help out the solos if the solos are still going by the time they finish. If the solos do need help, you probably want to just do 3/3 method for Callus, since they might not be able to handle throne by themselves. The mechanics for gauntlet are pretty hard to fuck up.

Callus can be difficult if you've got people who don't know exactly what to do, but if you do the 4 in dimension, 2 in throne technique, even that is super easy with people who have moderate dps weapons. How it works, is you leave 4 people in the other dimension and only 2 people run to grab the orbs. You can kill psions easier with 4 people, have your guy know to avoid the far right side, and then at the end, 4 people can kill more skills than 3 people = more dps vs callus. Pop empowering rifts on platforms 1/4, tethers on 1/4 as well (single shot, not 6 shot or w/e tether), use rockets, snipers or w/e and then switch to primary/secondary, w/e you can dps better with. I reload heavy/all weapons while jumping to next platform. When he goes down and he's pulling out his gun and he's invincible, don't run to the next platform, since it starts the timer for him to blow it up, wait until he's vulnerable again and then go. If you don't one phase him, he should be very close to dead and then you can choose to send 3/3 or 4/2 again w/e works and finish him off on the next round.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 4 2017 04:47pm
Oct 4 2017 04:47pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 4 2017 06:34pm)
I'm in class for 2 more hours. Tell him to watch videos man. All 3 of the encounters are stupidly easy if you know what you're doing, there's really no excuse for fucking up the execution. It's a pretty simple/fun raid, and if you know what to do, the execution is incredibly simple. Callus has some difficult parts, but Bath, the only thing you need is a heavy that can kill the bathers before or as they come out of their hole (if you don't have this, say that and make sure whoever's rotating stays and helps you dps down the bather before leaving and you do the same for them), dogs, have him on the ground, explain to him to follow whoever's in charge closely and that's all he needs to do. Then, all you need is a sword or if you have bad dps, pair up next to someone who has high dps (you can 1 phase dogs EASY/or 2 phase it without getting any spores if you don't finish it in 1), and gauntlet you just put your 2 best people slaying adds by themselves, four worst (not that they're bad or anything, but if you've got 2 people who are beast, have them run solo and it's good practice to see if those 2 will be able to handle throne as well, use them there too) people in groups of 2 slaying adds and then they help out the solos if the solos are still going by the time they finish. If the solos do need help, you probably want to just do 3/3 method for Callus, since they might not be able to handle throne by themselves. The mechanics for gauntlet are pretty hard to fuck up. Callus is difficult, but if you do the 4 in dimension, 2 in throne technique, even that is super easy with people who have moderate dps weapons.

He has lol but even the best players need to run it through a couple times sometimes you know? I cleared dogs and baths on my first try lol
Oct 4 2017 04:52pm
Quote (Grizzy_Green @ Oct 4 2017 02:47pm)
He has lol but even the best players need to run it through a couple times sometimes you know? I cleared dogs and baths on my first try lol

I clarified a bit for you :P .

Seriously though, people underestimate how important doing your homework is man. Seeing and someone telling you are completely different things. If he sees it, and he has an idea of what's going to happen and then you explain to him the process, he'll be able to piece together what he saw, with what you said and he'll be well above the curve. If he's an above average player, he could pull it off on his 1st-3rd try. If he's an average guy, it might take 5 or so tries, but it won't be painfully frustrating to get it done. If he's just bad and it's him and only him wiping you 10+ times after all that, it's going to be a longggggggg night lol.

Edit : Good luck btw man. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you. If you want to guarantee a good run, check with your group and see what weapons they have for DPS. If you wipe once or twice on callus and you see 1 or 2 people are struggling massively on dps, just try to give them some pointers, or get them to switch their weapons up. That's been the biggest problem I've encountered, people being stubborn and refusing to switch positions or gear or w/e when someone who's done it a bunch advises they should. People don't like knowing they're fucking up apparently.

Also - When I said no reason to fuck up the execution, I wasn't saying that he or anyone for that matter should be able to do shit on their first try. Re-reading that and realizing maybe it could come off that way. I'm saying for people who know, who have seen, and who have ran it a couple times (especially people who have ever completed it), there's really no reason to fuck up the execution. At least not more than 1-3 times lol. That's all. Wasn't saying a new guy should be able to rock all these encounters on the first try, that'd be insane to expect from anyone.

Edit : Who's running the NF with me tonight though? I need to knock out a couple of these ASAP. I think I'm also finally going to have time to push a Warlock to 300 next week, I'm so pumped to do that. Only thing I've been getting wrecked by in PvP are crazy good warlocks who are pro as fuck with the tele jumping shit. That shit is dirty if you're good. I've never used a warlock, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it down, but on Titan I'm wayyyy too slow to fight them and hunter is great, but the sustain on hunter makes it difficult running solo. Feel like for team hunter/titan would be better, but solo, warlock seems like it might be the best, if you're pro with the jump anyways, which I might be too bad to figure out lol, not exactly something I've ever been skilled with in other games, I'm a more straightforward kinda fighter.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 4 2017 05:18pm
Gold: 15.00
Oct 4 2017 05:16pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 4 2017 02:12pm)
I'd be willing to play with you.

You should really push to 265 before doing your nightfall. Once you're 265, do all your milestones. Crucible, Public Events on Earth (changes weekly), NF, Guild, and then the Raid. You should be 270-275 after doing all that other stuff and that'll be high enough to do the raid.

PM me your GT if you wanna party up.

I'm tel:305/305/303305/305/303[/URL]

Alright. Just eekes out an extra level and currently sitting at 264, ill shoot you a pm with my gamertag
Gold: 210.00
Oct 4 2017 05:17pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 4 2017 06:52pm)
I clarified a bit for you :P .

Seriously though, people underestimate how important doing your homework is man. Seeing and someone telling you are completely different things. If he sees it, and he has an idea of what's going to happen and then you explain to him the process, he'll be able to piece together what he saw, with what you said and he'll be well above the curve. If he's an above average player, he could pull it off on his 1st-3rd try. If he's an average guy, it might take 5 or so tries, but it won't be painfully frustrating to get it done. If he's just bad and it's him and only him wiping you 10+ times after all that, it's going to be a longggggggg night lol.

Edit : Good luck btw man. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you. If you want to guarantee a good run, check with your group and see what weapons they have for DPS. If you wipe once or twice on callus and you see 1 or 2 people are struggling massively on dps, just try to give them some pointers, or get them to switch their weapons up. That's been the biggest problem I've encountered, people being stubborn and refusing to switch positions or gear or w/e when someone who's done it a bunch advises they should. People don't like knowing they're fucking up apparently.

Edit : Who's running the NF with me tonight though? I need to knock out a couple of these ASAP. I think I'm also finally going to have time to push a Warlock to 300 next week, I'm so pumped to do that. Only thing I've been getting wrecked by in PvP are crazy good warlocks who are pro as fuck with the tele jumping shit. That shit is dirty if you're good. I've never used a warlock, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it down, but on Titan I'm wayyyy too slow to fight them and hunter is great, but the sustain on hunter makes it difficult running solo. Feel like for team hunter/titan would be better, but solo, warlock seems like it might be the best, if you're pro with the jump anyways, which I might be too bad to figure out lol, not exactly something I've ever been skilled with in other games, I'm a more straightforward kinda fighter.

Im 100 percent down for NF
Oct 4 2017 05:25pm
I'm down, just unsure if I'll be available til later
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1121612171218121912201440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll