d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official New York Jets Fan Thread
Prev1105106107108109125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,120.01
May 30 2016 03:43pm
$12m for the first year and then $6m each for the next two........ Such a shit offer, hope he signs it tho
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2016 04:01pm
Quote (Greet @ May 30 2016 05:43pm)
$12m for the first year and then $6m each for the next two........ Such a shit offer, hope he signs it tho

Shit offer? :rofl: The guy is terrible and isn't worth 24 million over 3 years. He should take that and run.
May 30 2016 04:06pm
Quote (HoustonFan @ May 30 2016 06:01pm)
Shit offer? :rofl: The guy is terrible and isn't worth 24 million over 3 years. He should take that and run.

Look at what some of the other QBs on the market got, and compare their play to Fitzpatricks.
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2016 04:14pm
Quote (Greet @ May 30 2016 06:06pm)
Look at what some of the other QBs on the market got, and compare their play to Fitzpatricks.

Brock and Sam are the only two who have gotten paid, and they were both over-paid. Brock is the only one with upside- being in his mid 20's and sitting behind one of the best minds in Peyton Manning. Not to mention his freak arm. Fitzpatrick is in his final years, has NO arm and has proven time and time again of what he is- a choke artist. How did he do the last game where the Jets could've made the playoffs? :rofl: :rolleyes:

Supply and demand, Greet. No one is demanding him. I am quite shocked that the Harvard mathematics student can't figure out that he isn't worth more than what is on the table

Edit: If you want your favorite team to overpay for a QB on the tail end of his career, having proved nothing (besides a few meaningless stats with the #1 WR duo last season)- I hope you enjoy mediocrity

This post was edited by HoustonFan on May 30 2016 04:15pm
May 30 2016 04:37pm
Quote (HoustonFan @ May 30 2016 06:14pm)
Brock and Sam are the only two who have gotten paid, and they were both over-paid. Brock is the only one with upside- being in his mid 20's and sitting behind one of the best minds in Peyton Manning. Not to mention his freak arm. Fitzpatrick is in his final years, has NO arm and has proven time and time again of what he is- a choke artist. How did he do the last game where the Jets could've made the playoffs? :rofl: :rolleyes:

Supply and demand, Greet. No one is demanding him. I am quite shocked that the Harvard mathematics student can't figure out that he isn't worth more than what is on the table

Edit: If you want your favorite team to overpay for a QB on the tail end of his career, having proved nothing (besides a few meaningless stats with the #1 WR duo last season)- I hope you enjoy mediocrity

He's the best QB that the Jets have had in years, and he has already developed a great relationship with Decker and Marshall. I think this is a great offer for the Jets , I hope he takes it. I understand your point, but I can understand where he is coming from as well.

We can't fully talk about the contract until we know the guaranteed $$$, but if he accepts it I will be happy. He's a smart guy, knows the system and would have 2-3 years to teach and mentor Hackenberg. Sounds like a good deal for the Jets.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 30 2016 07:01pm
Quote (Greet @ May 30 2016 03:37pm)
He's the best QB that the Jets have had in years, and he has already developed a great relationship with Decker and Marshall. I think this is a great offer for the Jets, I hope he takes it. I understand your point, but I can understand where he is coming from as well.

We can't fully talk about the contract until we know the guaranteed $$$, but if he accepts it I will be happy. He's a smart guy, knows the system and would have 2-3 years to teach and mentor Hackenberg. Sounds like a good deal for the Jets.

Whats more important? Signing Fitz for 24m losing mo and having a maybe playoff run? u remember fitzchokesgerald in bills vs jets the one win we extremely needed?

Or signing mo keeping geno for starter with a playoff caliber recieving core.

I know you're young greet and you just want to see wins. But it would be a terrible decision for us to get fitz.
May 30 2016 07:03pm
Quote (Endure @ May 30 2016 09:01pm)
Whats more important? Signing Fitz for 24m losing mo and having a maybe playoff run? u remember fitzchokesgerald in bills vs jets the one win we extremely needed?

Or signing mo keeping geno for starter with a playoff caliber recieving core.

I know you're young greet and you just want to see wins. But it would be a terrible decision for us to get fitz.

Lmao, I'm not that young. Fitz signing won't have any sort of play in the decision to sign Mo. If they want to bring Mo back, they will have the cap for it.

Fitz is the best option to win now, and to develop Hackenberg/Petty for the future. Geno Smith is really not a good QB and hasn't proven anything, and quite frankly would be wasting the talent we acquired on offense.
May 30 2016 07:12pm
Quote (Greet @ May 30 2016 06:03pm)
Lmao, I'm not that young. Fitz signing won't have any sort of play in the decision to sign Mo. If they want to bring Mo back, they will have the cap for it.

Fitz is the best option to win now, and to develop Hackenberg/Petty for the future. Geno Smith is really not a good QB and hasn't proven anything, and quite frankly would be wasting the talent we acquired on offense.

Greet, Geno has YET to prove anything with this offensive core. He has yet to play in gaileys system where he had the same in college. You cant say hes wasting talent when he has yet to even prove his talent.

Resiging fitz will result in either mo or rich leaving, bricks contract reconstructed and as well brandon marshall will need a contract.

24million is alot for a QB who was inaccurate most of the time and who got bailed out by our recieving core.

I would be ok with 1 year deal for 8-10 mill. But anything more is a huge waste. ESPECIALLY when fitz knows hes not banking on fb. He's extremely smart.
May 30 2016 09:44pm
Quote (Endure @ May 30 2016 09:12pm)
Greet, Geno has YET to prove anything with this offensive core. He has yet to play in gaileys system where he had the same in college. You cant say hes wasting talent when he has yet to even prove his talent.

Resiging fitz will result in either mo or rich leaving, bricks contract reconstructed and as well brandon marshall will need a contract.

24million is alot for a QB who was inaccurate most of the time and who got bailed out by our recieving core.

I would be ok with 1 year deal for 8-10 mill. But anything more is a huge waste. ESPECIALLY when fitz knows hes not banking on fb. He's extremely smart.

Geno has yet to prove anything. What happens when we go into the season and Geno is horrible? We know what we will get out of Fitz. BTW- Gailey does not run a system nearly like what Geno played with at West Virginia.

Brick retired bro, have you even been following the JETS??

We only know the base $s, nothing else. Can't comment about the offer until we hear what it actually is.
May 30 2016 09:56pm
Quote (Greet @ May 30 2016 08:44pm)
Geno has yet to prove anything. What happens when we go into the season and Geno is horrible? We know what we will get out of Fitz. BTW- Gailey does not run a system nearly like what Geno played with at West Virginia.

Brick retired bro, have you even been following the JETS??

We only know the base $s, nothing else. Can't comment about the offer until we hear what it actually is.

Oh fuck he did retire my bad fam
Gaileys system is a better asset than what he had before.

If its alot of guarantee then we fucked
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1105106107108109125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll