d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Football And Rugby General Chat 3.0 > Music,food,chit Chat
Prev1101102103104105699Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 31 2019 05:36pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Mar 31 2019 12:02am)
Yeah. It used to be GREAT... its been ass for like 4 seasons tho. Still cult following

Whats that mean m8?

Group of scavengers that dress in walker skin and clothes

This has been the best season in a long time (since season 3ish)
Mar 31 2019 07:37pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/comments/b7r7mk/spoilers_leaked_planeswalkers_from_wots/

I know at least a few of you play MTG
If those are real I'm done though
I have no interest in playing Teferi: The Teferi
Gold: 65,766.00
Mar 31 2019 10:10pm
Quote (zX_THC_B0NG_RiPZZZ_420_Xz @ Mar 31 2019 08:37pm)
https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/comments/b7r7mk/spoilers_leaked_planeswalkers_from_wots/

I know at least a few of you play MTG
If those are real I'm done though
I have no interest in playing Teferi: The Teferi

Image is really blurry. Here they are written out: https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/b7r5u4/potential_spoilers_for_war/ejto5e3/

And here's the rest of today's spoilers: https://old.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/b7o0n8/war_of_the_spark_preview_at_pax_east/

For those out of the loop, the next set, War of the Spark, will have a planeswalker in each pack. That's why some of them are uncommon or rare and not mythic.

I only play limited and not constructed, so the thought of playing against Teferi's ability doesn't really matter much to me, since it's kind of unlikely to encounter in draft.

More generally, I am not sure how this set will work in limited. I think there will be a lot of variance and luck involved with getting all your colors and getting your best cards on the field. It remains to be seen if this set will even use gates (basic lands were spoiled in there... so no more guild gates? Or are those just for precon decks). Plus having planeswalkers on the field causes a lot of distractions and drags out games. Those loyalty counters are essentially +life in many cases, since you might need to damage the planeswalker asap. Going to be a weird set to draft.

--

Also, since we're talking MtG, I went 3-0 again last FNM. That makes 4x 3-0 finishes in 5 weeks B) . I got lucky and P1P1'd an Ethereal Absolution and was passed a Kaya's Wrath, plus Orzhov was generally open. Everything came up Milhouse. Having such bomb rares took some glory out of my victory though, tbh. Was more proud of last week's 3-0 where I didn't get good rares and instead used my drafting skills to find the open colors and build a sick deck ( https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gates-deck-fnm/ ).

This post was edited by Terps on Mar 31 2019 10:13pm
Mar 31 2019 10:47pm
Quote (Terps @ Mar 31 2019 11:10pm)
Image is really blurry. Here they are written out: https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/b7r5u4/potential_spoilers_for_war/ejto5e3/

And here's the rest of today's spoilers: https://old.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/b7o0n8/war_of_the_spark_preview_at_pax_east/

For those out of the loop, the next set, War of the Spark, will have a planeswalker in each pack. That's why some of them are uncommon or rare and not mythic.

I only play limited and not constructed, so the thought of playing against Teferi's ability doesn't really matter much to me, since it's kind of unlikely to encounter in draft.

More generally, I am not sure how this set will work in limited. I think there will be a lot of variance and luck involved with getting all your colors and getting your best cards on the field. It remains to be seen if this set will even use gates (basic lands were spoiled in there... so no more guild gates? Or are those just for precon decks). Plus having planeswalkers on the field causes a lot of distractions and drags out games. Those loyalty counters are essentially +life in many cases, since you might need to damage the planeswalker asap. Going to be a weird set to draft.

--

Also, since we're talking MtG, I went 3-0 again last FNM. That makes 4x 3-0 finishes in 5 weeks B) . I got lucky and P1P1'd an Ethereal Absolution and was passed a Kaya's Wrath, plus Orzhov was generally open. Everything came up Milhouse. Having such bomb rares took some glory out of my victory though, tbh. Was more proud of last week's 3-0 where I didn't get good rares and instead used my drafting skills to find the open colors and build a sick deck ( https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gates-deck-fnm/ ).

I think limited will be fine. Planeswalkers don't really demand an answer if all they do is tick down, unless their static ability fucks up your game plan.

I'm worried about standard though which is what I mostly play, these rare + pw's seem insanely powerful. There better be some cheap pw hate in green or I'm out (better than that vraska thing they already spoiled, seems clunky /e looked again and that cards not even green, its black like almost all pw hate)

Congrats on your recent draft success. The last draft I did was on MTGA and the rares in my first 2 packs were Stomping Grounds (the only shock land I already have 4 of so not even worth rare picking) and then all trash, literally nothing worth a p1p1 or p2p1, no grasping thrulls no pteramander, just trash. Ended up getting passed some random stuff like Captivated Audience and Precognitive Perception, that life gain angel, and playing 5c random stuff with all the gates

This post was edited by zX_THC_B0NG_RiPZZZ_420_Xz on Mar 31 2019 10:53pm
Gold: 65,766.00
Mar 31 2019 11:21pm
Quote (zX_THC_B0NG_RiPZZZ_420_Xz @ Mar 31 2019 11:47pm)
I think limited will be fine. Planeswalkers don't really demand an answer if all they do is tick down, unless their static ability fucks up your game plan.

I'm worried about standard though which is what I mostly play, these rare + pw's seem insanely powerful. There better be some cheap pw hate in green or I'm out (better than that vraska thing they already spoiled, seems clunky /e looked again and that cards not even green, its black like almost all pw hate)

Congrats on your recent draft success. The last draft I did was on MTGA and the rares in my first 2 packs were Stomping Grounds (the only shock land I already have 4 of so not even worth rare picking) and then all trash, literally nothing worth a p1p1 or p2p1, no grasping thrulls no pteramander, just trash. Ended up getting passed some random stuff like Captivated Audience and Precognitive Perception, that life gain angel, and playing 5c random stuff with all the gates

Everyone should have access to powerful planeswalkers though, right? Idk, I guess there's still the pay-to-win problem with constructed as there always is. Limited doesn't have that problem but is more prone to luck, as demonstrated with your crappy draft compared to mine lol.

Plus they're bring back proliferate for this set. That'll be interesting /w all the planeswalkers lol.

They should also bring back vampire hexmage, the one that removes all counters from a permanent.
Mar 31 2019 11:45pm
Quote (Terps @ Apr 1 2019 12:21am)
Everyone should have access to powerful planeswalkers though, right? Idk, I guess there's still the pay-to-win problem with constructed as there always is. Limited doesn't have that problem but is more prone to luck, as demonstrated with your crappy draft compared to mine lol.

Plus they're bring back proliferate for this set. That'll be interesting /w all the planeswalkers lol.

They should also bring back vampire hexmage, the one that removes all counters from a permanent.

True, and I could just use my wildcards on MTGA to get whatever I want. But I don't play something in constructed unless I think it's fun. I don't enjoy control and the control oriented pw's seem to be the most powerful. Esper control is already all over the meta with Teferi using its -3 on itself and milling your opponent as the only win condition

Proliferate is pretty cool in a pw set, could also be pretty cool with the simic adapt creatures that have triggers from getting counters

I do kinda like the new Jace, might make a meme deck around him
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 1 2019 12:02am
What the actual fuck Bolas sounds broken.... glad I'm a poor ass scrub who hasn't kept up with MTG for years. Still got some decks and plenty of cards, but I'm super casual.

Teferi right up there too, but Bolas seems outright absurd to me.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 1 2019 12:03am
Apr 1 2019 12:01pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 1 2019 01:02am)
What the actual fuck Bolas sounds broken.... glad I'm a poor ass scrub who hasn't kept up with MTG for years. Still got some decks and plenty of cards, but I'm super casual.

Teferi right up there too, but Bolas seems outright absurd to me.

Ikr? They better have some serious answers for these cards

Quote (Terps @ Apr 1 2019 12:21am)

Also if you're really good at drafting, you should really reconsider MTGA. If you can consistently go 4-2 in draft then you can just go infinite
/E you play until 6 wins or 2 losses
/E again you need to go 3-2 to go infinite and it's 5 wins or 2 losses

This post was edited by zX_THC_B0NG_RiPZZZ_420_Xz on Apr 1 2019 12:10pm
Gold: 1,100.00
Apr 1 2019 01:55pm
They used my friends song for the NHL playoff ad on NBC !
https://www.facebook.com/NBCSports/videos/2222354354673192/
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 1 2019 02:07pm
Quote (SheriffCool @ Apr 1 2019 02:55pm)
They used my friends song for the NHL playoff ad on NBC !
https://www.facebook.com/NBCSports/videos/2222354354673192/

Very dope
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1101102103104105699Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll