d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Cod: Advance Warfare Football Discussion
Prev123416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,313.21
Nov 4 2014 06:57pm
Quote (OmegaRed07 @ Nov 4 2014 07:53pm)
It's not a new entry tho. It's part of the modern warfare series is my understanding. They now have 3 cod series. Black ops modern/advanced warfare and lolghosts.

Next year will be blops3 then ghosts 2 the year after and so on. Basically rotating a new title out each year

Like 95% sure you're wrong about it being part of MW.
Gold: 395.22
Nov 4 2014 07:00pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Nov 4 2014 07:57pm)
Like 95% sure you're wrong about it being part of MW.

Go to the website. That 5% coming through. They mentioned it in some interview. This is the latest in the modern warfare series. Black ops 3 is in works to come out next year and ghosts 2 to. Follow the year after.

Basically its black ops series ghosts series and warfare series
Gold: 1,283.00
Nov 4 2014 07:01pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Nov 4 2014 08:50pm)
Explain.

And every new entry in the CoD series will see multiple sequels. It sells too well for that to matter. Same thing with the comment about playing it because of the name. It might be better than previous entries, but there are plenty of dedicated CoD players that will play it for no reason other than it is CoD.

Titanfall had a ton of Potential but it just didn't reach it.

While I liked how it had a bunch of bots in it I hated how there was few human players. Sure they had to do it because you can't have a shit ton of titans running around but it just sucked with how big the maps were to only have that many players to play against. I liked the game play but it wasn't anything that wowed me. It was fun and new but got old fast due to very few options to choose from. Plus the actual fps Gameplay itself as a pilot was mediocre imo.

Not to mention there were barely any guns to choose from.

I'd give Titanfall a 7.5/10.

Advanced Warfare is easily a 9/10.

This is just my opinion though.

I know I don't play cod because of the name. For example, I didn't even play ghosts for more than a few weeks. I didn't like it at all.

I play what I like. I really like AW.

And it is not connected to Modern Warfare. I don't see how it could be since it isn't Modern..it is set in the future lol...

This post was edited by fuzzy159 on Nov 4 2014 07:02pm
Gold: 8,035.00
Nov 4 2014 07:02pm
This game is pretty dope

Better than the last couple games for sure
Gold: 6,313.21
Nov 4 2014 07:12pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Nov 4 2014 08:01pm)

While I liked how it had a bunch of bots in it I hated how there was few human players.  Sure they had to do it because you can't have a shit ton of titans running around but it just sucked with how big the maps were to only have that many players to play against.  I liked the game play but it wasn't anything that wowed me.  It was fun and new but got old fast due to very few options to choose from.  Plus the actual fps Gameplay itself as a pilot was mediocre imo. 

I know I don't play cod because of the name.  For example,  I didn't even play ghosts for more than a few weeks.  I didn't like it at all.

I play what I like.  I really like AW.

And it is not connected to Modern Warfare.  I don't see how it could be since it isn't Modern..it is set in the future lol...

Yeah, Titanfall went the route of "Every gun has a unique role and we're going to try and balance them all as much as possible." There's not much to unlock, but that's nothing to do with the gameplay / gunplay.

The gameplay as a Pilot is what made TF unique - the high movement speed with full parkour and low TTK equaled a very fast pace in the majority of games. So I just don't understand what you're trying to say about the gameplay I guess.

I'm not saying you're wrong, not everybody is going to feel the same way about a game. (Nor am I saying AW is bad.)

If you haven't been on TF lately, give it a shot when you take a break from AW. Lots of new content, with more planned. Respawn has been awesome about listening to players and giving the community what it wants. I mean, they released a Horde mode with support on all 24 maps for free (that shit obviously takes a lot of time and money to create). I just hope people keep stuff like that in mind when the sequel comes out and give it a fair shake (not to mention that Respawn had <65 employees when the game was released [for comparison Sledgehammer has 225]).

Quote (OmegaRed07 @ Nov 4 2014 08:00pm)
Go to the website. That 5% coming through. They mentioned it in some interview. This is the latest in the modern warfare series. Black ops 3 is in works to come out next year and ghosts 2 to. Follow the year after.

Basically its black ops series ghosts series and warfare series

Yeah, I see nothing on the website or anywhere stating it's the latest installment in the MW series. Wikipedia lists it as a separate arc. I'm not going to watch a bunch of interviews and do your searching for you bud...

This post was edited by Crashnburn_819 on Nov 4 2014 07:12pm
Nov 4 2014 07:15pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Nov 4 2014 08:01pm)

While I liked how it had a bunch of bots in it I hated how there was few human players.  Sure they had to do it because you can't have a shit ton of titans running around but it just sucked with how big the maps were to only have that many players to play against.  I liked the game play but it wasn't anything that wowed me.  It was fun and new but got old fast due to very few options to choose from.  Plus the actual fps Gameplay itself as a pilot was mediocre imo. 

I know I don't play cod because of the name.  For example,  I didn't even play ghosts for more than a few weeks.  I didn't like it at all.

I play what I like.  I really like AW.

And it is not connected to Modern Warfare.  I don't see how it could be since it isn't Modern..it is set in the future lol...

It's the next step in the series lol. R u guys really that simple minded that even the name similarities r beyond ur grasp lol? It's the warfare series. It's the next game just taking modern warfare to advanced. It's the same series tho lol. I'll have to find where it was published at.

I'll find it eventually. Have to ask someone what site or interview it was. Busy with dinner and my kid atm. I'll find it tho.

This post was edited by OmegaRed07 on Nov 4 2014 07:16pm
Nov 4 2014 07:18pm
I loved titanfall and played it a lot. I guess I came off like I thought it was bad. It was the reason I got a One basically.

It was definitely way better than CoD Ghosts too.

Definitely going to get the sequel.

Back on Aw, I really love the amount of customization they added. Definitely the most in depth cod in terms of that. I also like how you can get variations of guns via supply drops that have different stats than the base stats of the default gun.

Pretty neat.
Nov 4 2014 07:20pm
Quote (OmegaRed07 @ Nov 4 2014 09:15pm)
It's the next step in the series lol. R u guys really that simple minded that even the name similarities r beyond ur grasp lol? It's the warfare series. It's the next game just taking modern warfare to advanced. It's the same series tho lol. I'll have to find where it was published at.

I'll find it eventually. Have to ask someone what site or interview it was. Busy with dinner and my kid atm. I'll find it tho.

That makes no sense. How are they connected at all outside of the word 'Warfare'... I don't even know why I'm arguing about something this stupid either lol.
Nov 4 2014 07:24pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Nov 4 2014 08:20pm)
That makes no sense.  How are they connected at all outside of the word 'Warfare'...  I don't even know why I'm arguing about something this stupid either lol.

Just from a quick google search

Sledgehammer confirmed that they were hiring for an unannounced Call of Duty project [11] and a Sledgehammer employee stated that he’s responsible for “developing photo real visual effects for the next Call of Duty – Modern Warfare release.”

From an article bout aw and some of the leaks from pre release. Like I said I gotta talk to a friend to find out where the actual info was shown. But its also by the same guys that did the last mw game. Lol think what u want. Really don't care. In about a month when more is known and what not this won't even a debate lol

This post was edited by OmegaRed07 on Nov 4 2014 07:26pm
Nov 4 2014 07:25pm
Quote (OmegaRed07 @ Nov 4 2014 09:24pm)
Just from a quick google search

Sledgehammer confirmed that they were hiring for an unannounced Call of Duty project [11] and a Sledgehammer employee stated that he’s responsible for “developing photo real visual effects for the next Call of Duty – Modern Warfare release.”

Right...so that is why you think they are connected... Lol... Ok......

Back on topic. Whoever wants to get a party together to play this weekend I'm down to play.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev123416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll