d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > General Gdt
Prev19192939495106Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 139,175.00
Jun 13 2024 09:11pm
Maybe they will pull a leafs special, coming back into the serie only to blow it off in game 7
Gold: 50.00
Jun 13 2024 09:21pm
Quote (Nihility @ Jun 13 2024 09:11pm)
Maybe they will pull a leafs special, coming back into the serie only to blow it off in game 7

That'd be something.
Gold: 40.69
Jun 14 2024 04:43am
^_^
Gold: 30.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 14 2024 07:08am
Quote (kiss @ 13 Jun 2024 21:46)
At least rangers made it interesting sheesh

Rangers vs Stars would've been a dope series but both are teams choked lol :bonk:

Panthers deserve to be there especially after what they did last year in the playoffs. Main reason I want them to win.

After the Oilers beat my Stars(the way they did) I knew they wouldn't beat the Panthers. Pretty obvious tbh.

They(Oilers) just have NOTHING going their way. Skinner isn't what he was the previous rounds and Bobrovsky standing on his head like a wack job. Great PP/PK(Oilers) last series against Dallas but dogshit against Panthers.

When the Oilers eliminated my Stars I was like, "If Skinner can play as well as he did and McDavid/Hymen/Draistl all perform they "can" beat the Panthers.

No longer looking like that's going to happen.

Bobbrovsky winning the Con Smythe hands down :hail:
Gold: 50.00
Jun 14 2024 08:11am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Jun 14 2024 07:08am)
Rangers vs Stars would've been a dope series but both are teams choked lol :bonk:

Panthers deserve to be there especially after what they did last year in the playoffs. Main reason I want them to win.

After the Oilers beat my Stars(the way they did) I knew they wouldn't beat the Panthers. Pretty obvious tbh.

They(Oilers) just have NOTHING going their way. Skinner isn't what he was the previous rounds and Bobrovsky standing on his head like a wack job. Great PP/PK(Oilers) last series against Dallas but dogshit against Panthers.

When the Oilers eliminated my Stars I was like, "If Skinner can play as well as he did and McDavid/Hymen/Draistl all perform they "can" beat the Panthers.

No longer looking like that's going to happen.

Bobbrovsky winning the Con Smythe hands down :hail:

Oilers still best in west. Change my mind.
Jun 14 2024 09:21am
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ 14 Jun 2024 09:11)
Oilers still best in west. Change my mind.

The Oilers road to get there was easier in my opinion and that's why they are flopping so bad against the Panthers.

Stars faced Vegas(x-stanleys)(Avs)(xx-stanleys) first two rounds. Somehow managed to get through but got worn down and a few injuries along the way(Hintz/Marchment/Seguin/etc.) and RIP

Oilers faced Kings(ass)(Canucks)(young team great year but still ass). Got through easily.

Took everything for your Oilers to actually beat the Stars who were the better team all year and the Stars were without Hintz(Arguably one of if not their top snipers) for the first 2-3 games of series? The double OT McDavid gamewinner wouldn't have happened if Hintz was on that 4 minute PP in the first OT(obviously not an excuse to lose but if you were without Draisatl/Hymen/McDavid and didn't score on a 4 minute PP I'd say it was SOLELY because you didn't have your full top pp line 100 percent)

None of what I said matters if your team doesn't win the cup plain and simple but if were looking logically at the season here's who was best in the west.

Stars
Canucks
Avs
Oilers
Vegas

I just think it's funny because the Oilers finally made it and they are about to get swept(rooting for them now to make it a series) for the exact reasons they lose every year. Skinner. Defense. Best players all season can't produce because playoffs is different from regular season.

Higher expectations for the Oilers because they have the best player in the game. My Stars haven't won since 99 when I was kid and I know my team well enough to know they will not win the Stanley Cup. We had a great shot after beating Vegas/Colorado but not enough gas in the tank.

This is why I love the quest for Lord Stanley. Should be proud of your Oilers even if you get swept. I'd be happy if my Stars were there and got swept. It sucks but at least your team is improving. That cannot be said for the rest of the league.
Gold: 13,500.00
Jun 14 2024 10:06am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Jun 14 2024 09:21am)
The Oilers road to get there was easier in my opinion and that's why they are flopping so bad against the Panthers.

Stars faced Vegas(x-stanleys)(Avs)(xx-stanleys) first two rounds. Somehow managed to get through but got worn down and a few injuries along the way(Hintz/Marchment/Seguin/etc.) and RIP

Oilers faced Kings(ass)(Canucks)(young team great year but still ass). Got through easily.

Took everything for your Oilers to actually beat the Stars who were the better team all year and the Stars were without Hintz(Arguably one of if not their top snipers) for the first 2-3 games of series? The double OT McDavid gamewinner wouldn't have happened if Hintz was on that 4 minute PP in the first OT(obviously not an excuse to lose but if you were without Draisatl/Hymen/McDavid and didn't score on a 4 minute PP I'd say it was SOLELY because you didn't have your full top pp line 100 percent)

None of what I said matters if your team doesn't win the cup plain and simple but if were looking logically at the season here's who was best in the west.

Stars
Canucks
Avs
Oilers
Vegas

I just think it's funny because the Oilers finally made it and they are about to get swept(rooting for them now to make it a series) for the exact reasons they lose every year. Skinner. Defense. Best players all season can't produce because playoffs is different from regular season.

Higher expectations for the Oilers because they have the best player in the game. My Stars haven't won since 99 when I was kid and I know my team well enough to know they will not win the Stanley Cup. We had a great shot after beating Vegas/Colorado but not enough gas in the tank.

This is why I love the quest for Lord Stanley. Should be proud of your Oilers even if you get swept. I'd be happy if my Stars were there and got swept. It sucks but at least your team is improving. That cannot be said for the rest of the league.

2-13 lest we forget
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 14 2024 11:01am
Just extremely unfortunate Demko got hurt after grinding all season, didn't even get to reap the experience after getting there. Also extremely unfortunate boeser had to be shutdown after bloodclots right before game 7, basically the only top 6 winger the Canucks had. If Mikheyev scored those s tier high danger chances, he would've been alright for scoring only 1 goal in 61 games. But holy fk was it sad lmao
Gold: 13,500.00
Jun 14 2024 11:09am
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 14 2024 11:01am)
Just extremely unfortunate Demko got hurt after grinding all season, didn't even get to reap the experience after getting there. Also extremely unfortunate boeser had to be shutdown after bloodclots right before game 7, basically the only top 6 winger the Canucks had. If Mikheyev scored those s tier high danger chances, he would've been alright for scoring only 1 goal in 61 games. But holy fk was it sad lmao

Yeah, and legit playing an unproven 3rd string who performed well but Canucks were down elite players
Jun 14 2024 12:42pm
Quote (Secksii @ 14 Jun 2024 12:01)

Quote (MadMardi @ 14 Jun 2024 12:09)
Yeah, and legit playing an unproven 3rd string who performed well but Canucks were down elite players

That's why I'd say Canucks probably had best season across the league in terms of a turnaround. If they were healthy they easily could've been in the WCF/SCF
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev19192939495106Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll