d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1842843844845846882Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,732.50
Mar 3 2023 05:08pm
[Brendan Batchelor on Twitter] Patrik Allvin says that missing the playoffs this year is a big disappointment, and he takes ownership of that, but he expects this group, with Hronek added, to be a playoff team next year. #Canucks @Sportsnet650

lol sucks to be a Canuck fan.. for the 100th time i guess we will finally become a playoff team.
The bar is so fucking low in this org, the goal is to make playoffs, rather than try to build a legit team that can contend for the cup.
Just making playoffs shouldn't be a goal :rofl: i guess that's the only thing that matters to Aqualini.

Also lol'd at alvin's press conference saying something about he doesn't wanna just stock draft picks for the sake of doing it, he wants to use draft picks to draft good players or use them to trade for good players.
I mean... no shit?? what else are draft picks used for, other than using it to draft or giving it to trade for other players.. Smh.

I really don't understand this management group. They do some things very well, and then they do things like wtf are you doing? It's almost as if Alvin does something and Aqualini also does something but obviously using Alvin's name to do it. That's the only explanation i have for this half assed plan they keep doing.. WE WILL DO X, ends up doing X but then does Y. What?

This post was edited by Secksii on Mar 3 2023 05:08pm
Gold: 12,140.00
Mar 3 2023 05:13pm
Allvin has the worst interviews/pressers.

75% of his answers have absolutely nothing to do with the question that was asked.

Just rambles on lol
Gold: 17,801.00
Mar 3 2023 08:44pm
Quote (Secksii @ Mar 2 2023 04:22pm)
Nah, I agree. This trade makes no sense at all. I don't care about the price being paid. Just don't think he's the type of player that the Canucks need or someone that would elevate this team to the next level.

Yzerman sees the east going ham, and there's no chance they'll win anything even if they made playoffs. Seider is his guy and their main guy. Hronek is basically how Hughes is being used in Detroit, plays a lot of minutes but they both play much better when another pair like oel/seider takes on the shit minutes so that Hughes and Hronek can do their thing. So Yzerman sold high on one of his top 4 dman, and now have a chance to become contenders in few years assuming the picks aren't busts.

Meanwhile, the Canucks are worse than Detroit before the trades and chose to retool by getting a solid top 4 rhd. What I don't understand is the timing of this trade.. And the type of player they chose. The Canucks have had a lot of ofd forced to play defensive minutes cuz Hughes eats a huge chunk of pp1. Before Hughes, Myers was sadly the Canucks main "ofd" cuz edler was basically an all around dman. Then oel was also an ofd, now forced to be all around guy like edler. Like I'd be less shocked if the Canucks gave a 2nd and 3rd or something for McCabe retained at 50% to lock him up for only 2m. Who is elite defensively, pk God, basically hits all the boxes the Canucks desperately need. Yet they get another poor man Hughes on the right side... So all I can do is pray oel and Hronek mesh really well together.

This is 100%. Can debate on how good Hronek will be but why pay a trade deadline premium?

I feel Hronek is the kind of d-man the Canucks need but am worried about his contract and how well he will fit in. He is in the right age range, right hand shot and so forth. It is an immediate upgrade for a team with trash tier defense.

Hughes is the only threatening offensive d-man the Canucks have. Giving ourselves another option is going to open things up a bit. Changes the matchup dynamics.

The Major problem is the Canucks need that impact shutdown d-man. They just come at such a high premium so it is probably out of reach. Willie Mitchell would score 1 goal a year and everyone wanted him.

I feel like they overpaid but got a piece they really needed, so right now I am torn but trying to be optimistic. We won't know who won this trade for awhile but it seems like Yzerman does not lose many trades.

Think you are right. He saw the arms race getting out of control and wisely took a step back.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Mar 3 2023 08:46pm
Mar 3 2023 08:51pm
Quote (Jibbosh @ Mar 2 2023 05:02pm)
That interview with Hughes ... he wants out, he sounds so depressed lmao

Ever since he openly scrutinized the medical treatment Tanner Pearson received I wondered how happy he was.

Disgruntled or not the guy is a beast. Most assists and most completed passes of any defenseman in the new year.

The advanced stats were posted in this thread earlier somewhere, absolute freakshow of a player.
Gold: 12,140.00
Mar 3 2023 09:24pm
Bring back Tanev
Mar 5 2023 01:12pm
Looking more and more like Markstrom was playing hurt before he eventually got put on the shelf long term.

He is back to playing like his former self, albeit it is a small sample size.

This could not have come at a worse time.... You can't tell an athlete to tank though. Obviously they are competitive and want to win.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Mar 5 2023 01:13pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Mar 10 2023 05:11pm
GM Patrik Allvin announced today that D Kirill Kudryavtsev has agreed to terms on a three-year, entry level contract.

Another client of Dan Milstein's lmao. This dude made bank this year with Andrei Kuzmenko, Ilya Mikheyev, Vitali Kravtsov, Danila Klimovich, and now Kudryavtsev.

Long way to go, but very good upside for a 7th rounder. He will most likely play another season in the OHL, then go to Abby and see what he got. Apparently 3rd/4th rder talent, but dropped all the way to 7th cuz a lot of scouts say that he's a bit slow processing the game.

This post was edited by Secksii on Mar 10 2023 05:14pm
Gold: 11,500.00
Mar 10 2023 08:21pm
I’m staying downtown Van for the weekend. Where’s the good beer these day. Yaletown, or Main St Brewing area?
Mar 10 2023 09:01pm
Quote (StayPositive @ Mar 10 2023 06:21pm)
I’m staying downtown Van for the weekend. Where’s the good beer these day. Yaletown, or Main St Brewing area?

If you want to try something different check out Shameful Tiki Room. It's on 28th and main.

Legion on commercial & 6th is pretty cool. One of the few places that still lets you play darts with actual darts.

For downtown Vancouver my favorites are The Ivanhoe, Funky Winkers Beans and The Moose.

Those are all dive bars though. Not sure if that is your style.

Opus bar (underneath the hotel) is a bit more formal but unassuming at the same time.

There is all kinds of different places, I am sure you will find something you like.

I go downtown and just have a beer at each place and move on. It's fun to explore.

If you are more into breweries there is a lot more of those in the commercial drive area.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Mar 10 2023 09:02pm
Gold: 11,500.00
Mar 10 2023 09:13pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ Mar 10 2023 08:01pm)
If you want to try something different check out Shameful Tiki Room. It's on 28th and main.

Legion on commercial & 6th is pretty cool. One of the few places that still lets you play darts with actual darts.

For downtown Vancouver my favorites are The Ivanhoe, Funky Winkers Beans and The Moose.

Those are all dive bars though. Not sure if that is your style.

Opus bar (underneath the hotel) is a bit more formal but unassuming at the same time.

There is all kinds of different places, I am sure you will find something you like.

I go downtown and just have a beer at each place and move on. It's fun to explore.

If you are more into breweries there is a lot more of those in the commercial drive area.

:thumbsup: Sounds good. Tiki place looks fun
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1842843844845846882Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll