d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > General Gdt
Prev14041424344106Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,647.74
Jan 28 2024 01:34am
has anyone ever seen the refs call a major penalty on someone, review it, then decide to call another totally different major penalty? LMAO NHL keeps making up rules just for the Canucks
Gold: 50.00
Jan 28 2024 03:44pm
Quote (partank @ Jan 27 2024 07:33pm)
40 goals in 47 games

Are you shiting me lmfao

Going to be an easy 60. Maybe 70 this year
Gold: 8,732.50
Jan 28 2024 04:09pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 27 Jan 2024 23:34)
has anyone ever seen the refs call a major penalty on someone, review it, then decide to call another totally different major penalty? LMAO NHL keeps making up rules just for the Canucks

don't forget, also change players on top of that.

Friedman asked if NHL broke their own rule, and the response was they just wanna make it right. :rofl:

oh now they wanna make it right? they wanna use replays and shit to correct shit calls? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i bet they won't hold their word to that and just continue to do their joke ways and call this a 1 off. lmao

this is why NHL is such a joke league, how can one of major sport league still be this dense? Just admit the mistake, apologize, say generic shit like they fucked up, won't happen again. But nope, none of those, just their usual spin the wheel for answer crap.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jan 28 2024 04:11pm
Gold: 7,271.48
Jan 28 2024 04:16pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 28 2024 03:09pm)
don't forget, also change players on top of that.

Friedman asked if NHL broke their own rule, and the response was they just wanna make it right. :rofl:

oh now they wanna make it right? they wanna use replays and shit to correct shit calls? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i bet they won't hold their word to that and just continue to do their joke ways and call this a 1 off. lmao

this is why NHL is such a joke league, how can one of major sport league still be this dense? Just admit the mistake, apologize, say generic shit like they fucked up, won't happen again. But nope, none of those, just their usual spin the wheel for answer crap.

I mean the right call would have been to uphold the 5 minute major for hitting from behind and then add a double minor for elbowing.
Canucks get lucky calls in their favor like ussual.
Gold: 6,190.01
Jan 28 2024 04:25pm
now that a major is reviewable a lot more refs are calling them to review the play and make "the right call" since they can downgrade it or basically do whatever
sounds like they did that but still fucked up or what? any videos or anything

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 28 2024 04:26pm
Jan 28 2024 04:38pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jan 28 2024 03:25pm)
now that a major is reviewable a lot more refs are calling them to review the play and make "the right call" since they can downgrade it or basically do whatever
sounds like they did that but still fucked up or what? any videos or anything

summary is:
Myers goes into boards with a predator, he elbows him and the guy is on ice bleeding. Immediately after a second canuck boards a second predator. The refs call boarding on the second canuck. After reviewing the play the refs decide to call back the boarding penalty but call elbowing instead. I guess they thought the second canuck was responsible for the guy on the ice bleeding.
What really should have happened after a review is the origional boarding call stands and additionally Myers is called for elbowing.
Canuck get lucky avoiding two potential major penalties.
Jan 28 2024 04:47pm
Quote (remco6 @ 28 Jan 2024 14:16)
I mean the right call would have been to uphold the 5 minute major for hitting from behind and then add a double minor for elbowing.
Canucks get lucky calls in their favor like ussual.

What r u even talking about?

The refs didn't call anything on myers. They either missed it or didn't even want to call it. Then Cole comes into the play and they call penalty on him. They review, change the penalty to something different they called AND changed it to myers.

That's against their own rule. Can't get any more wrong than that. This isn't a ref just straight up making a mistake lol.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jan 28 2024 04:50pm
Jan 28 2024 04:50pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 28 2024 03:47pm)
What r u even talking about?

The refs didn't call anything on myers. They either missed it or didn't even want to call it. Then Cole comes into the play and they call penalty on him. They review, change the penalty to something different they called AND changed it to myers.

That's against their own rule. Can't get any more wrong than that. This isn't a ref just straight up making a mistake lol.

So exactly what I said.
They call boarding on the second canuck , then review it and decide it’s Myers who deserves the penalty instead.
It’s a messed up call but based on what happened on the ice Canucks should have had calls against Myers and the other canuck and ended up with a call against just one canuck.
Jan 28 2024 04:56pm
Quote (remco6 @ 28 Jan 2024 14:50)
So exactly what I said.
They call boarding on the second canuck , then review it and decide it’s Myers who deserves the penalty instead.
It’s a messed up call but based on what happened on the ice Canucks should have had calls against Myers and the other canuck and ended up with a call against just one canuck.

I don't think you understand why it's an issue.

They call a minor penalty on Cole, a 2nd canuck. They review it, change the call to a major 5minute penalty (illegal, breaking their rule), and they change it to being myers. (again, illegal, changing it to a different player after the fact).

I agree that the refs should have called a penalty on myers, the play would've stopped as a player was down and bleeding. Which Cole wouldn't have made the hit, as myers would've been given a major 5min penalty. That didn't happen though, so they called a minor penalty on a diff player on a diff play, but used the replay to change the penalty and player. That's the issue
Jan 28 2024 05:00pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 28 2024 03:56pm)
I don't think you understand why it's an issue.

They call a minor penalty on Cole, a 2nd canuck. They review it, change the call to a major 5minute penalty (illegal, breaking their rule), and they change it to being myers. (again, illegal, changing it to a different player after the fact).

I agree that the refs should have called a penalty on myers, the play would've stopped as a player was down and bleeding. Which Cole wouldn't have made the hit, as myers would've been given a major 5min penalty. That didn't happen though, so they called a minor penalty on a diff player on a diff play, but used the replay to change the penalty and player. That's the issue

That’s fair, the article I read made it sound like a major was always the original call.
The refing is a total shit show. When it’s not blantent ignored calls That can only be explained by game management it’s plays like this that just happen to fast to see the whole scenario.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev14041424344106Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll