d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1308309310311312340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,995.01
Dec 27 2021 05:50pm
Quote (Toshibitza @ Dec 27 2021 11:44am)
watch any games?

usa looks solid.

and its really weird the nhl has been shhhs super quiet since the shutdown

yeah im watching all the games i can since it might be the last hockey we see for a bit ^^
and yeah im expecting a delay or announcement of something major from the nhl
Dec 30 2021 09:48pm
felix sandstroms nhl debut tonight

this guys been a pretty promising prospect hs transition to NA from SHL not the smoothest but hes still only 24
his ahl stats are garbage but the teams even worse hes supposedly been playing good
and in the preseason i thought he was good too and potentially going to play his way into the backup role over jones who was struggling
Dec 31 2021 12:54am
couldnt get the win for sandstrom but he played really good with 43 saves setting the franchise record for debut games and looked solid
nice to see one of these prospect goalies crack the roster hextall drafted some promising goalie prospects for us our pool is pretty deep but was always over shadowed by hart lol

ersson is supposed to be the top rated goalie prospect in the system and seems like hes developing quite nicely
and ive been following tomec hes likely a bust but he had some hype transitioning into ncaa before injuries derailed his career and sent him over seas but he seems to be fighting his way back up the leagues in europe he was in some finish liiga and a czech league
then we got ustimenko who made the transition it isnt going too great but curious to see how that works out cause sandstrom didnt have the smoothest transition either and he seems pretty good and i dont think ustimenko speaks english yet
the one that interests me though is fedotov guys 25 and is going on his 5th season in the KHL is he a khl lifer?

then this past draft we got kolosov in the 3rd who is from belarus and seems to be transitioning into the KHL with reasonable stats

seems like we should have a decent supply of young-middle aged goalies fighting for that #2 spot behind hart in the near future :thumbsup: shit i thought sandstrom was going to beat out jones in the preseason but jones had a total 180 once the season started

also this-2nd all time flyers points

This post was edited by dragoneth on Dec 31 2021 01:06am
Jan 7 2022 01:11am
when farabee went to change sticks in the locker room after missing 2 chances
https://twitter.com/i/status/1479295510158663683
Jan 9 2022 01:34am
big thing going on right now with the flyers fans are pissed flyers org ignored ed sniders bday even zac rinaldo is chiming in lol
the ownership and management of this team has gone downhill so fast since his death man he really was such a great owner
Zac Rinaldo@RinaldoZac
Mr.Snider was the ONLY owner I played for that came in the room after every home game we won to shake EVERY PLAYERS HAND, and look them right in the eyes and tell us we had a good game, hero’s get remember but legends never die. Mr.Snider is proof of that. I will be forever

ed sniders daughter calling out the flyers
Jan 11 2022 08:42am
NHL postpones Hurricanes-Flyers game because of COVID-19 issues

probably for the best with the amount of our better players out
Gold: 8,732.50
Jan 11 2022 11:28am
[Strickland] Bobby Clarke: “None of our scouts wanted Nolan Patrick. They wanted Makar” also says Philly could’ve had Ryan O’Reilly.

man imagine if philly had makar and RoR damn
Gold: 536.00
Jan 11 2022 01:21pm
“That was just as bad,” he said. “Nobody knew it. [Hextall] made that on his own. All our scouts who were at the draft; our scouts were so mad at [Hextall] for doing that. We also had the chance to get [Ryan] O’Reilly from Buffalo, but we didn’t. Obviously, that was the manager’s decision, but it was another one that the scouts weren’t consulted on.”

you can listen to the whole interview if u take a stroll down google lane

This post was edited by Toshibitza on Jan 11 2022 01:22pm
Gold: 12,140.00
Jan 11 2022 02:47pm
It may be true but Clarke is a doucher himself.

In the end, Flyers are probably wishing they didn't push Hex out because the organization looked like they were on a promising upward trajectory during his time and now are a mess lol
Jan 11 2022 03:51pm
pretty sure what they wanted for ROR was pretty overpay i remember seeing the rumours and shit
and you cant blame him with patrick he was the consensus #1 and if it wasnt for injuries i think he woulda have turned out better but i personally wanted hischier tbh

2014-24th-sanheim-could have taken pastrnak/deangelo/tuch -obviously pastrnak woulda been sick to land here the other 2 are good but i dont value them much higher specially with deangelos issues
2015-7th provorov+24th konecny--could have taken with the 7th werenski/connor chabot/barzal with 24th carlo/s.aho -personally i dont mind this draft provorov has been solid for us and konecny has had ups and downs but shown he can be one hell of a player
2016-22nd rubtsov -could have taken tage thomson/kyrou/debrincat -i hated this pick he was part of the russian doping bs that year and while the draft itself was weak seeing how players like thompson kyrou and debrincat turned out its a bad year but lots of teams passed on them and in 2016 he did also make up for it with hart in the 2nd and allison in the 3rd
2017-2nd patrick 27th frost -could have taken with 2nd 99% of the draft 27th maybe comtois? not much tbh frost is looking like one of the better prospects/players in that range
2018-14th farabee 19th obrien 143rd ersson-could have taken with 14th kandre miller/ty smith about the only 2 nhlers drafted after farabee and not sure id want them over him maybe miller hes pretty solid but farabee looks like a good pick here
obrien i think a lot of people feel is a bust because they see he went down a level from ncaa but he wanted to change teams and protocol states he has to play a season outside of ncaa to do so now hes on a good ncaa team playing at a ppg rate thats not too shabby
ersson i snuck in cause hes arguably our top rated goalie prospect now that hart is in the nhl full time but i think him and sandstrom are both pretty solid and look to be on the path to nhl goalies
worthy note-2015 he also signed phil myers to elc after inviting him to prospect camp as UFA who later played as our top 4 d man til he was traded for ellis

free agent wise he was kind of a shit show jvr and hayes are both overpaid they arent bad but if we had that extra like 2-3m for more depth players it would really show
but you also have to consider the team he inherited in 2014 with andrew macdonald+vinny lecavlier+umberger who were all overpaid as fuck like for real go look at that 2014 roster and tell me he didnt put in work
even the prospect pool in 2014 2010-no 1st rounder 11- couts 2012- laughton 2013 morin - even the picks leading up to his take over only couts is the real good pick laughtons a good depth forward morin is injury prone 6-7 d man

i liked hextall as the gm i felt like he was doing a pretty good job and felt he brought in new staff that upped our drafting game so its kind of funny to see him get shit talked when his drafting was clearly much better

Quote (LuLer @ Jan 11 2022 03:47pm)
It may be true but Clarke is a doucher himself.

In the end, Flyers are probably wishing they didn't push Hex out because the organization looked like they were on a promising upward trajectory during his time and now are a mess lol

a lot of why he was pushed out is cause he refused to rush hart to the nhl and he was really set on keeping hakstol as the coach plus in 2016 ed snider(flyers owner) died and comcast ceo took over and decided he knew better

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 11 2022 04:07pm
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1308309310311312340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll