d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > New! Official Off-topic Off-hockey Thread
Prev1223422352236223722382971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.90
Feb 13 2020 08:19pm
Quote (StayPositive @ 13 Feb 2020 11:22)
Anyone hitting the Rage Against the Machine tour

8 Canadian dates, goes on sale in an hour I think.

they play outdoors in Ottawa, I'll either be there or at their Quebec City show
Gold: 6.00
Feb 13 2020 08:20pm
Deftones

Ratm

Soulfly

Top concert priorities
Gold: 17,801.00
Feb 13 2020 10:37pm
I am confused by this protest on so many levels......

Would a pipeline not the safest way to transport petroleum products? What is the alternative? The demand is there.

Rail car seems dangerous to me - with a pipeline you could shut off the taps and monitor remotely. If a train derails in the middle of nowhere how do you clean up that mess without it ending in catastrophe?

Furthermore, to my knowledge the majority of indigenous leaders have accepted agreements, so why are protests taking place? A minority within a minority is attempting to hold a nation in limbo it appears.

People are pissed off things are not going there way....

The solution:

- Suspend the transport of people and supplies....
- Deny individuals the right to work to support themselves by blockading bridges and roadways
- Make it difficult for those who are sick to get the medical help they need. I have a friend who is undergoing radiation for a brain tumor. Do the protesters not care if they make the lives of sick people even more difficult?

I just don't see what this protest is supposed to accomplish. I understand I am ignorant of the subject to a degree but I can't think of any positives coming out of these protests. Hell, billions were spent on pipelines (paid for by taxpayers). Do we really want to see our economy tumble so a small group can get there way?

I just dont get it.
-

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Feb 13 2020 10:38pm
Gold: 17,801.00
Feb 13 2020 10:41pm
Quote (StayPositive @ Feb 13 2020 08:22am)
Anyone hitting the Rage Against the Machine tour

8 Canadian dates, goes on sale in an hour I think.

I would have liked to go.

Sadly it looks like tickets are on the pricey side.

What else is new. I want to live at home again so money is no object lol.

At this point it is hard to spend money on anything because I just want to retire.
Gold: 2,647.74
Feb 14 2020 11:22am
Quote (Killingyouall @ Feb 13 2020 08:37pm)

Would a pipeline not the safest way to transport petroleum products? What is the alternative? The demand is there.

Rail car seems dangerous to me - with a pipeline you could shut off the taps and monitor remotely. If a train derails in the middle of nowhere how do you clean up that mess without it ending in catastrophe?

Furthermore, to my knowledge the majority of indigenous leaders have accepted agreements, so why are protests taking place? A minority within a minority is attempting to hold a nation in limbo it appears.

The solution:

- Deny individuals the right to work to support themselves by blockading bridges and roadways
- Make it difficult for those who are sick to get the medical help they need. I have a friend who is undergoing radiation for a brain tumor. Do the protesters not care if they make the lives of sick people even more difficult?

I just don't see what this protest is supposed to accomplish. I understand I am ignorant of the subject to a degree but I can't think of any positives coming out of these protests. Hell, billions were spent on pipelines (paid for by taxpayers). Do we really want to see our economy tumble so a small group can get there way?

I just dont get it.
-

The protest is really about indigenous rights, as the relevant band council approved the pipeline but not the hereditary chiefs who technically have jurisdiction over unceded land (non-treaty or reserve). Though BC gonna BC and bandwagon on anything anti-oil and gas.
Gold: 352.00
Feb 14 2020 12:27pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ Feb 14 2020 10:22am)
The protest is really about indigenous rights, as the relevant band council approved the pipeline but not the hereditary chiefs who technically have jurisdiction over unceded land (non-treaty or reserve). Though BC gonna BC and bandwagon on anything anti-oil and gas.

Bc lost all their court battles.

Hereditary chiefs are the most corrupt. Go figure.
Gold: 0.90
Feb 14 2020 01:23pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 13 Feb 2020 23:37)

The solution:

I just dont get it.
-

If you want some context to what’s going on in B.C with the hereditary chiefs, she gives some background starting around 2:10 and then talks about the law around 7:15

Canada allowing industry to disregard these laws is modern day colonization and so the protests have begun elsewhere, the railway blockade obviously being the biggest one. Basically the Federal response has taken way too long and everything is getting out of hand

This post was edited by Meatstick on Feb 14 2020 01:37pm
Feb 14 2020 01:40pm
Quote (Meatstick @ Feb 14 2020 12:23pm)
If you want some context to what’s going on in B.C with the hereditary chiefs, she gives some background starting around 2:10 and then talks about the law around 7:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efU2_ls_Xac

Canada allowing industry to disregard these laws is modern day colonization and so the protests have begun elsewhere

This bitch spreading the misinformation.
Gold: 40.69
Feb 14 2020 06:41pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ 14 Feb 2020 12:40)
This bitch spreading the misinformation.

- rebel news fan
Feb 14 2020 06:46pm
Quote (Bruin @ Feb 14 2020 05:41pm)
- rebel news fan

Have never read the rebel. But thanks.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1223422352236223722382971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll