d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey >
Poll > Ovechkins/gretzky Record Discussion
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Jan 1 2022 04:27pm
Probably chris neil is better

This post was edited by HASBULLAH on Jan 1 2022 04:31pm
Gold: 6,190.01
Jan 1 2022 06:55pm
Quote (badasses @ Jan 1 2022 04:58pm)
I think crosby had an amazing career as well, he was at a top of the league / elite level for quite a few years. definitely not short - beating ovie in the playoffs multiple times and won basically everything

ovie i think had a slightly lower peak but has lasted longer (abnormally long like selanne, jagr, orr, lidstrom, etc)

hard to say

Personally if I were to build a team to try and the win the cup around I would still take Crosby, personal preference. But Ovie is still not far off at all.

i think id go with mcdavid over both of them tbh
if i had to choose out of those two though i think id go with ovy you win games by scoring goals and nobody does it better
like you see teams counter players on teams but ovechkin its like you know where hes going to be what hes going to do you try to counter it but you cant the guy just scores goals

plus ovechkin never had the crosbaby era where if he got touched he would whine to the refs and get a powerplay that shit probably inflated crosbys #s a bit
imagine ovy had that shit he already leads the league in ppg ^^

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 1 2022 06:56pm
Gold: 2,000.00
Jan 2 2022 10:23am
Quote (dragoneth @ Jan 1 2022 05:55pm)
i think id go with mcdavid over both of them tbh
if i had to choose out of those two though i think id go with ovy you win games by scoring goals and nobody does it better
like you see teams counter players on teams but ovechkin its like you know where hes going to be what hes going to do you try to counter it but you cant the guy just scores goals

plus ovechkin never had the crosbaby era where if he got touched he would whine to the refs and get a powerplay that shit probably inflated crosbys #s a bit
imagine ovy had that shit he already leads the league in ppg ^^

i dunno drago, ovie and crosby has actually won it, whereas mcdavid definitely has the potential but hasn't actually achieved anything close to where those two other guys have

also crosby also beat ovie multiple times in the playoff head-to-head and he actually has more ppg in playoffs than ovie

This post was edited by badasses on Jan 2 2022 10:23am
Gold: 8,732.50
Jan 2 2022 12:26pm
Ye mcdavid has drais and still no where as dominant when crosby/Malkin were younger. Not to mention if mcdavid can still rely on his insane speed when he is in his mid 30s.
Gold: 255.11
Jan 2 2022 12:28pm
pretty sure there wouldnt be a debate if crosby didnt suffered all those concussions

2 totally different player, the best of their era no doubt

but crosby>
Gold: 7,114.00
Jan 2 2022 01:02pm
Quote (Subban2 @ Jan 2 2022 02:28pm)
pretty sure there wouldnt be a debate if crosby didnt suffered all those concussions

2 totally different player, the best of their era no doubt

but crosby>

Absolutely Crosby>

Also, no one seems to consider that crosby is a centerman when comparing him to ovechkin.
The value an elite centerman brings compared to a winger doesn’t show up on the scoresheet but is so valuable..
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll