d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official St. Louis Blues Fan Thread
Prev1190191192193194351Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Feb 28 2017 09:01am
Quote (fazyluck @ Feb 28 2017 09:52am)
more upset about losing copley than shatty, but i guess it doesn't make much sense for chicago to have 3 goalies anyway.

upset, but not quite as bad as watching backes leave

i was obviously upset backes left but i wasnt as upset at armstrong at the time as i am now.

this was his chance to potentially redeem himself for not addressing our glaring hole at top 6 C, but the way he overplayed this until he backed himself in a corner and had nothing else left to do really ruined it for me.
Gold: 26.53
Feb 28 2017 10:44am
Quote (Genetics @ Feb 28 2017 10:01am)
i was obviously upset backes left but i wasnt as upset at armstrong at the time as i am now.

this was his chance to potentially redeem himself for not addressing our glaring hole at top 6 C, but the way he overplayed this until he backed himself in a corner and had nothing else left to do really ruined it for me.

i don't know that anyone would be willing to give up a top 6 C for 22 games and a playoff run.

seems like a future trade, and it seems like shatty sorta handcuffed Army into making something happen but only within his strict limits.

either way, the press conference was interesting.

i don't think army needs to be fired nor do i think he deserves all the heat he's catching for this trade. shatty wasn't going to play here next year no matter what, because he wants responsibility that parayko/petro are taking and he just won't get that.

better to get something as far as picks and prospects (albeit a non-producing prospect, a prospect nonetheless) than to just watch him walk with nothing in return.

i wouldn't call this a failure or an issue by any means. put in a tough place, made something happen.
Gold: 250.00
Feb 28 2017 10:51am
Quote (fazyluck @ Feb 28 2017 11:44am)
i don't know that anyone would be willing to give up a top 6 C for 22 games and a playoff run.

seems like a future trade, and it seems like shatty sorta handcuffed Army into making something happen but only within his strict limits.

either way, the press conference was interesting.

i don't think army needs to be fired nor do i think he deserves all the heat he's catching for this trade. shatty wasn't going to play here next year no matter what, because he wants responsibility that parayko/petro are taking and he just won't get that.

better to get something as far as picks and prospects (albeit a non-producing prospect, a prospect nonetheless) than to just watch him walk with nothing in return.

i wouldn't call this a failure or an issue by any means. put in a tough place, made something happen.

no i agree we werent gonna get a current top 6 center for a rental shattenkirk. but i assume he couldve maybe at least gotten a better center prospect than a guy whos ceiling is probably 3rd line center (which we have enough 3rd line centers) and a late first in the worst draft in a while.

if we were going to move shattenkirk no matter what, it needed to be done in the offseason. we lost so much value because trading him at the TDL really limited the teams interested.

and shattenkirk didnt handcuff armstrong. armstrong handcuffed armstrong by ONLY looking for a sign and trade for the past year, when clearly that wasnt going to happen.

the tough place he was put in, thats because he put himself there.

honestly, burrows returned almost as much as shatty, thats fucking pathetic.

and hanzal returned more.

This post was edited by Genetics on Feb 28 2017 10:53am
Gold: 63.00
Mar 3 2017 08:37am
Blues on the outside looking in. Been a rough year. Now this is gonna be a real battle with Calgary and the kings to take that wild card spot. Bad matchup against the jets tonight who have dominated the central all year
Gold: 6,190.01
Mar 3 2017 09:06am
Quote (Genetics @ Feb 28 2017 12:51pm)
no i agree we werent gonna get a current top 6 center for a rental shattenkirk. but i assume he couldve maybe at least gotten a better center prospect than a guy whos ceiling is probably 3rd line center (which we have enough 3rd line centers) and a late first in the worst draft in a while.

if we were going to move shattenkirk no matter what, it needed to be done in the offseason. we lost so much value because trading him at the TDL really limited the teams interested.

and shattenkirk didnt handcuff armstrong. armstrong handcuffed armstrong by ONLY looking for a sign and trade for the past year, when clearly that wasnt going to happen.

hes a rental that seemingly wants to test FA no matter what team hes on if i was a blues fan id be happy i got a 1st+conditional 2nd
if you kept him as as your own rental and dont win the cup when he walks to FA it would hurt more
look at buffalo they did that with drury briere and i think a 3rd guy they all walked sabers went from a playoff team to lottery team
and they got shit in return if they woulda shipped them out for picks they could have atleast drafted to try and replace those guys

This post was edited by dragoneth on Mar 3 2017 09:07am
Mar 3 2017 09:09am
Quote (dragoneth @ Mar 3 2017 09:06am)
hes a rental that seemingly wants to test FA no matter what team hes on if i was a blues fan id be happy i got a 1st+conditional 2nd
if you kept him as as your own rental and dont win the cup when he walks to FA it would hurt more
look at buffalo they did that with drury briere and i think a 3rd guy they all walked sabers went from a playoff team to lottery team
and they got shit in return if they woulda shipped them out for picks they could have atleast drafted to try and replace those guys

I really agree. I thought it was a good return for the circumstances. Backes and brouwer walked last summer so why let it happen again. If the blues were in first rolling I agree to keep him but theyre a bubble team. Get something while you can. He's not much more than a power play qb anyways people overvalue him
Mar 3 2017 09:17am
Quote (Genetics @ Feb 28 2017 10:51am)

I dunno what you think he woulda gotten this summer dealing him as a rental player instead of a sign and trade player but it wouldnt have been much more... I don't get how you're even going to say burrows returned almost as much that's pretty ridiculous. And he returned the same as hanzal pretty much... You're being a typical hater who goes off when his team doesnt win every game and thinks he has all the information Armstrong did or because you coulda made a better trade in nhl 17... Simmer down and ease up on the unwarranted hate
Mar 3 2017 09:17am
Quote (ADomenico @ Mar 3 2017 11:09am)
I really agree. I thought it was a good return for the circumstances. Backes and brouwer walked last summer so why let it happen again. If the blues were in first rolling I agree to keep him but theyre a bubble team. Get something while you can. He's not much more than a power play qb anyways people overvalue him

his value is that he shoots right but the blues already got pietrangelo and parayko who i think are both also rightys
so its not like they trade one and need to bring another one in you still got 2 left which are both pretty solid players

This post was edited by dragoneth on Mar 3 2017 09:19am
Mar 3 2017 09:20am
Quote (dragoneth @ Mar 3 2017 09:17am)
his value is that he shoots right but the blues already got pietrangelo and parayko who i think are both also rightys so its not like they trade one and need to bring another one in

Yeah they both shoot right... He played the 4th most minutes on that d core this year. He doesn't have the value to be a top tier d man and he'll probably play the same scenario on Washington cuz they have some good right handed shots. I think Washington just wanted him so Pittsburgh and rangers wouldnt get him

This post was edited by ADomenico on Mar 3 2017 09:21am
Mar 3 2017 09:29am
Quote (ADomenico @ Mar 3 2017 11:20am)
Yeah they both shoot right... He played the 4th most minutes on that d core this year. He doesn't have the value to be a top tier d man and he'll probably play the same scenario on Washington cuz they have some good right handed shots. I think Washington just wanted him so Pittsburgh and rangers wouldnt get him

rofl yeah pens injury issues a got them looking for d men they got hainsey and streit at deadline even
idk i think shatty is an improvement over niskanen and him and carlson are the only rightys

This post was edited by dragoneth on Mar 3 2017 09:30am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1190191192193194351Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll