d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > 76ers And Simmons Talk.
Prev1789101116Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 71.00
Jun 21 2017 11:38am
Quote (Winlaw @ Jun 21 2017 01:35pm)
I could probably find several quotes of you comparing him to LBJ(just in the last few days), but I can't be bothered. You need to calm your tits fatty, you're the one who's hyping him thru the roof - before he's even sniffed an NBA court to boot.

Comparing certain traits, like his passing. Yes. He's not "the next LeBron" and i've said he isn't that since day 1. But his passing skills could be every bit as good.

And I'm the one hyping him through the roof? Have you read any of his scouting reports? You probably haven't read a damn thing about him, or watched him play ever, but hey let's talk about him regardless right?

This post was edited by Sixers on Jun 21 2017 11:39am
Gold: 1,239.13
Jun 21 2017 11:43am
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 21 2017 01:38pm)
Comparing certain traits, like his passing. Yes. He's not "the next LeBron" and i've said he isn't that since day 1. But his passing skills could be every bit as good.

And I'm the one hyping him through the roof? Have you read any of his scouting reports? You probably haven't read a damn thing about him, or watched him play ever, but hey let's talk about him regardless right?

Yes, you used his small sample size in SUMMER LEAGUE and made a comment about how he could have the passing touch/vision of LBJ.

I've read and watched tons of his stuff, both the good and the bad. You tend to drown out the weaknesses and go balls to the wall with his positives traits, which is something you tend to do with many Sixers prospects & players.

I hope Simmons turns into a great player but like Jesus Christ dude he hasn't even played a game yet. That's all I'm tryna say
Jun 21 2017 12:42pm
Quote (Winlaw @ Jun 21 2017 01:43pm)
Yes, you used his small sample size in SUMMER LEAGUE and made a comment about how he could have the passing touch/vision of LBJ.

I've read and watched tons of his stuff, both the good and the bad. You tend to drown out the weaknesses and go balls to the wall with his positives traits, which is something you tend to do with many Sixers prospects & players.

I hope Simmons turns into a great player but like Jesus Christ dude he hasn't even played a game yet. That's all I'm tryna say

I wasn't aware you needed NBA video to be able to judge a player...

Pretty sure Simmons has long been touted as having phenomenal court vision and passing skills long before he even touched the NBA.

Also, I'm well aware of his unproven jump shot. With that said, i'm also aware of his shooting mechanics which are fine and leaves plenty of reason to believe his shooting touch will be fine in the long run.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jun 21 2017 12:42pm
Gold: 1,120.01
Jun 21 2017 12:43pm
Wouldn't call his jumpshot unproven. It's proven, but to be terrible.
Jun 21 2017 02:06pm
Quote (Greet @ Jun 21 2017 02:43pm)
Wouldn't call his jumpshot unproven. It's proven, but to be terrible.

Based on what exactly?

Simmons took a total of THREE shots from 3pt range in college in 33 games...

A majority of his shots were at the rim and in the paint in college, quite simply because nobody could stop him there and he was incredibly efficient (hence the averages of 19/12/5/2/1). 56% from the field, and a true shooting percentage of 60%. His shooting mechanics are good, so there's certainly no reason for anyone to believe he won't be at least a decent shooter in the NBA eventually.

Plus, sitting out all of last season Simmons apparently focused on improving his jumper and it certainly looks like he has no problem with his touch. We saw time and time again Simmons hitting 3's no problem in practice displaying a nice touch from deep.

People just overreacted on the "he can't shoot" shit lmao. No, his shot just wasn't proven. A season or two with world class shooting coaches and the already good shooting mechanics that he has = he will be fine. He doesn't need to be Steph Curry from deep, as long as he's a threat and can hit the shots that defenses give him he will be fine.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jun 21 2017 02:07pm
Gold: 4,374.00
Jun 21 2017 03:30pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 21 2017 02:06pm)
Based on what exactly?

A majority of his shots were at the rim and in the paint in college, quite simply because nobody could stop him there and he was incredibly efficient (hence the averages of 19/12/5/2/1). 56% from the field, and a true shooting percentage of 60%. His shooting mechanics are good, so there's certainly no reason for anyone to believe he won't be at least a decent shooter in the NBA eventually.

Plus, sitting out all of last season Simmons apparently focused on improving his jumper and it certainly looks like he has no problem with his touch. We saw time and time again Simmons hitting 3's no problem in practice displaying a nice touch from deep.

People just overreacted on the "he can't shoot" shit lmao. No, his shot just wasn't proven. A season or two with world class shooting coaches and the already good shooting mechanics that he has = he will be fine. He doesn't need to be Steph Curry from deep, as long as he's a threat and can hit the shots that defenses give him he will be fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKPq1ac6gJA

Simmons for everybody on roster besides Hayward and Gobert

Ty
Gold: 100.00
Jun 21 2017 04:10pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 21 2017 04:06pm)
Based on what exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKPq1ac6gJA

Ts does not stand for free throw shooting
Jun 21 2017 04:13pm
Quote (Rust_Ninja @ Jun 21 2017 06:10pm)
Ts does not stand for free throw shooting

Let me explain...

In basketball, true shooting percentage is an APBRmetrics statistic that measures a player's efficiency at shooting the ball. It is intended to more accurately calculate a player's shooting than field goal percentage, free throw percentage, and three-point field goal percentage taken individually.
Gold: 152.00
Jun 21 2017 04:40pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 21 2017 06:13pm)
Let me explain...

I believe he was making a joke.
Gold: 100.00
Jun 21 2017 05:19pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 21 2017 06:13pm)
Let me explain...

you are trolling with your stat so I may as well do it too
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1789101116Next