d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > 76ers And Simmons Talk.
Prev167891016Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2017 10:24am
Quote (NBADraft.net)
An extremely unique talent, combining power forward size and strength, with point guard vision and passing skills ... Has the size, physical gifts and skill to defend and play all five positions at the next level, ideal for the emphasis on "positionless basketball" ... Highly unselfish, team oriented player ... A supreme competitor and a proven winner, having captured three national high school championships (in three seasons) ... Attitude/character is by all accounts one of his greatest assets, as he is praised by many for being "a better person than player" ... Has tremendous strength, showing the ability to play right through contact and finish ... An elite level rebounder showing the grit and desire to grab every rebound in his area, and put in work on the offensive glass ... Starts breaks off of defensive rebounds consistently, huge threat if he ends a defensive possession ... His vision and passing is the trademark of his game, incredibly unique to find a kid with such imagination and vision along with being a big and elite level athlete ... Excellent ball handler, thrives in the open floor, whether it be as a ball handler, passer or finishing at the hoop in transition ... Possesses excellent body control and strength to score on drives ... Has great balance, showing the ability to maneuver through traffic without crashing into defenders and drawing offensive fouls, possesses unique start/stop body control ... Huge hands gives him excellent control of the ball ... The scary part is at only 19, he has already proven himself in one-on-one battles with the likes of Anthony Davis and James Harden (At Nike Academy), and one has to wonder just how much better he can become ... He is a hardworking kid with the type of weaknesses, namely shooting, that can be improved upon ... Well spoken, confident kid who apparently has no trouble being a vocal leader, strong communicator ... Level headed, mature kid who seems to battle through adversity with ease, does not lose his cool or get down when things get challenging ...

:banana:
Gold: 1,100.00
Jun 21 2017 10:50am
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 21 2017 12:13pm)
4 inches? That seems like an exaggeration. Simmons is def taller, but idk about 4 inches...everyone knows LeBron is taller than his listed height of 6'8'' (maybe more like 6'9'' is realistic).

This is from last summer (keep in mind LeBron is standing behind them), although they're saying he did grow since then so he's likely a little taller now. And people here had the nerve to question if he can play PF in todays NBA LOL.

The Sixers won't run Simmons like an actual POINT GUARD, he will be run as a point forward, something similar to how LeBron plays in the offense handling the ball but not always bringing it up.

http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/bil-simmons-muscles.jpg

I think the dude is gonna be a superstar or at least the shadow of one based on everything I've seen/read but expecting him to be as thick/strong as LBJ is a stretch esp if he has a longer frame...LBJ's level of mass and agility at his height is second to none
Jun 21 2017 11:01am
Quote (Trugbug @ Jun 21 2017 12:50pm)
I think the dude is gonna be a superstar or at least the shadow of one based on everything I've seen/read but expecting him to be as thick/strong as LBJ is a stretch esp if he has a longer frame...LBJ's level of mass and agility at his height is second to none

He's definitely a tick below LeBron in terms of overall physical specimen freak of nature status, but that's not a bad thing since LeBron is the biggest freak of nature in sports in general. Simmons is certainly what scouts would call an elite athlete at the NBA level for sure, and can move and see the floor like a smaller guard.

You can tell Simmons has watched a lot of LeBron film, as his passes look really similar. There's really nothing else I'm more excited about this season than to see this guy dishing out those no look dimes often. Embiid and the other guys are going to love playing with Ben.

Gold: 1,239.13
Jun 21 2017 11:07am
SummerLeague/10

Why even compare him to LBJ? I understand they have some physical similarities and sort-of a similar play style but can we at least wait to see him in an NBA game before making these outlandish comparisons?

Gold: 5,000.00
Jun 21 2017 11:09am
Quote (Winlaw @ Jun 21 2017 01:07pm)
SummerLeague/10

Why even compare him to LBJ? I understand they have some physical similarities and sort-of a similar play style but can we at least wait to see him in an NBA game before making these outlandish comparisons?

The delusional philly homers does this for every sixers/eagles/phillies player
Gold: 1,100.00
Jun 21 2017 11:14am
Quote (Noun @ Jun 21 2017 01:09pm)

incoming essay
Gold: 17.99
Jun 21 2017 11:19am
SummerLeague/10

The video doesn't even show him driving hard and finishing at the rim vs. players who never make it
Could be a bad video but doesnt look near Lebron at all lmao

This post was edited by ZxFamily-GuyxZ on Jun 21 2017 11:19am
Jun 21 2017 11:20am
Quote (Noun @ Jun 21 2017 01:09pm)

Oh I'm well aware of that.. of all players to compare him to, might as well jump to the 2nd best of all time. Nothing like setting unreasonable expectations
Jun 21 2017 11:28am
SummerLeague/10

Nobody here ever said he's the next LeBron...

I think LeBron is the GOAT, so for me to say a kid who has never played a regular season NBA game is the GOAT would be kind of ridiculous, eh?

I'm simply using the video of his game that we can see, and pulling traits because of his insanely good passing skills (that do bare resemblance to LeBron). It's no secret he is a potential big time player, but nobody is saying he's "The next LeBron" LOL. So calm your tits.

Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Jun 21 2017 01:19pm)
The video doesn't even show him driving hard and finishing at the rim vs. players who never make it
Could be a bad video but doesnt look near Lebron at all lmao

You're also watching a video of a 19 year old...

As I have already pointed out, Simmons has held his own at 18/19 years old against NBA players (Anthony Davis, James Harden, etc) in various camps. It's not like i'm saying something absurd by saying he's NBA ready, that has been his label all along. He's not a Brandon Ingram out there struggling with getting outmuscled or something.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jun 21 2017 11:32am
Jun 21 2017 11:35am
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 21 2017 01:28pm)
Nobody here ever said he's the next LeBron...

I think LeBron is the GOAT, so for me to say a kid who has never played a regular season NBA game is the GOAT would be kind of ridiculous, eh?

I'm simply using the video of his game that we can see, and pulling traits. It's no secret he is a potential big time player, but nobody is saying he's "The next LeBron" LOL. So calm your tits.

You're also watching a video of a 19 year old...

As I have already pointed out, Simmons has held his own at 18/19 years old against NBA players (Anthony Davis, James Harden, etc) in various camps.

I could probably find several quotes of you comparing him to LBJ(just in the last few days), but I can't be bothered. You need to calm your tits fatty, you're the one who's hyping him thru the roof - before he's even sniffed an NBA court to boot.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev167891016Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll