d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > N B A Off Season
Prev134567158Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,790.00
Nov 13 2020 10:12am
I would most definitely buy a Westbrook New York Knicks Jersey. Sounds 🔥 af.
Gold: 12,337.70
Nov 13 2020 11:35am
Quote (Trust100Percent @ 12 Nov 2020 20:49)
Imagine being Westbrook and being eyed by the Hornets and Knicks. This is how careers end.

It was a good run

Quote (Dominicano @ 13 Nov 2020 11:12)
I would most definitely buy a Westbrook New York Knicks Jersey. Sounds 🔥 af.

I want Westbrook to take over the Big Apple
Gold: 2.66
Nov 13 2020 12:37pm
We don't want Westbrook. Get that shit out of here.
Nov 13 2020 02:23pm
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1327299249881530368?s=20

NBA
Hoop Central
@TheHoopCentral
·
3h
According to
@LegionHoopsRoss
, the Warriors and Cavs have held trade talks on a deal that would send Kevin Love to Golden State

In this scenario, Draymond Green would be dealt to a third team

I wouldn't want this to happen as a Warrior fan, I don't think Kevin Love has anything left in the tank and would be the hugest defensive liability..

Draymond has a much more favorable salary, we need his Defense and Facilitating & screen setting/awareness for the Splash Bros, and of course the Chemistry..

Don't believe this trade scenario.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 13 2020 03:50pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Nov 13 2020 03:23pm)
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1327299249881530368?s=20

NBA
Hoop Central
@TheHoopCentral
·
3h
According to
@LegionHoopsRoss
, the Warriors and Cavs have held trade talks on a deal that would send Kevin Love to Golden State

In this scenario, Draymond Green would be dealt to a third team

I wouldn't want this to happen as a Warrior fan, I don't think Kevin Love has anything left in the tank and would be the hugest defensive liability..

Draymond has a much more favorable salary, we need his Defense and Facilitating & screen setting/awareness for the Splash Bros, and of course the Chemistry..

Don't believe this trade scenario.

If he can stay healthy, he's got plenty left in the tank.

That's a big if though, he gets hurt a lot these days.

Curry, Klay and Love on the same team would be pretty cool though. The floor spacing would be absurd.

This post was edited by Sixers on Nov 13 2020 03:50pm
Nov 13 2020 05:22pm
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 13 2020 01:50pm)
If he can stay healthy, he's got plenty left in the tank.

That's a big if though, he gets hurt a lot these days.

Curry, Klay and Love on the same team would be pretty cool though. The floor spacing would be absurd.

Dude you got a high key obsession with bigs that can shoot & “spacing.” Having traditional bigs that can set good hard screens & great pick & roll threat is much effective than a soft ass euro style big man standing on the wing shooting 30% & lower from 3, giving up any type of second chance opportunities & not making people respect the paint.

Unless his name is Anthony Davis, 3pt shooting bigs are overrated. Rather have a big that has a strong post presence, solid to okay mid range & can defend.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 13 2020 05:31pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Nov 13 2020 06:22pm)
Dude you got a high key obsession with bigs that can shoot & “spacing.” Having traditional bigs that can set good hard screens & great pick & roll threat is much effective than a soft ass euro style big man standing on the wing shooting 30% & lower from 3, giving up any type of second chance opportunities & not making people respect the paint.

Unless his name is Anthony Davis, 3pt shooting bigs are overrated. Rather have a big that has a strong post presence, solid to okay mid range & can defend.

NBA's current game is all about space and pace though

Also, Love doesn't shoot below 30% he shot like 38% last season on a team with a garbage offense. He'd easily be able to break 40% again as the third option on his team again especially with that type of spacing...

Oh, and everyone hear of pick and pop? Love isn't a bad screener, but unlike Draymond he can either roll or fade for the jumper effectively. Love is also a MUCH better rebounder than Draymond..

If he's healthy Love over Draymond all day as a third option.

This post was edited by Sixers on Nov 13 2020 05:32pm
Nov 13 2020 08:04pm
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 13 2020 03:31pm)
NBA's current game is all about space and pace though

Also, Love doesn't shoot below 30% he shot like 38% last season on a team with a garbage offense. He'd easily be able to break 40% again as the third option on his team again especially with that type of spacing...

Oh, and everyone hear of pick and pop? Love isn't a bad screener, but unlike Draymond he can either roll or fade for the jumper effectively. Love is also a MUCH better rebounder than Draymond..

If he's healthy Love over Draymond all day as a third option.

Yikes, never. Draymond can defend 20x better, can actually facilitate and run point, Kevin Love has one pass he can make which is the full court pass, & Draymond makes the Splash Brothers better. Along with Chemistry & off ball awareness that I havn't even touched on.

Kevin Love is the reason we were up 3-1 in the series Draymond got suspended to turn around the series. We saw who was drastically the better player and more important. & we won a chip with no real third option, but now with the draft of Wiseman as another Big & Defender and Pick & Roll threat, I think he will work amazing together with Draymond..

As oppose to Kevin Love... Who can't guard a potato in the paint and is only getting older, with 32+ million dollar a year contract solid for another 4 more years compared to Draymonds 22ish... This is a no brainer.
Gold: 2,900.49
Nov 13 2020 08:51pm
I really hope the Lakers don't pursue one of these walking plagues like Harden, Westbrook, etc. Maybe Chris Paul would fit in on this team but not the others.

I think the best chance for either Harden or Westbrook to win a title will be when they're humbled in their later years and take a spot on a contender as bench scoring options. If Harden came off the bench he could be a super valuable player to a team but a team built around him, I just don't see that shit winning at the highest level.
Nov 13 2020 09:02pm
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Nov 13 2020 06:51pm)
I really hope the Lakers don't pursue one of these walking plagues like Harden, Westbrook, etc. Maybe Chris Paul would fit in on this team but not the others.

I think the best chance for either Harden or Westbrook to win a title will be when they're humbled in their later years and take a spot on a contender as bench scoring options. If Harden came off the bench he could be a super valuable player to a team but a team built around him, I just don't see that shit winning at the highest level.

Walking Plague is a bit tough. They are a like this because franchises with limited options or desperation through their entire support behind them. Harden can do it all but they built a team for him to do whatever he wants whenever he wants & basically ISO 24/7. WB can do it all but shoot, but they have given him the keys to make whatever decisions he wants. Its tough. Harden has the most shots UNASSISTED & It may be too late to have a zebra change his stripes, but his sheer passing ability, shooting ability, and awareness he can make anything work. Would he want to? idk.

WB, I mean.. Hes a plug and play. He will get you the most rebounds out of any guard on the floor EVERY NIGHT, he will be physically unstoppable on the break and by oposing guards 90% of the time, and if you let him, he will just make your big man have to stay in the paint constantly because he can drive. But they let him have way too much of the reigns.

I want to see WB on the Knicks, itll be like when Melo went, they gave him the reigns, it was fun to watch, but will result in very little success for the team.. But the Knicks do have young talent that is also atheltically gifted. So it can surprise. RJ Barret + WB would be fun to watch.

Harden.. Sheesh.. Hes a monster.. What coach can make him into a 2nd option? Can make him have ASSISTED points and not ISO? Idk.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev134567158Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll