d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > 43 Percent
Prev1345679Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,570.21
Jun 30 2020 11:04am
Quote (Dominicano @ Jun 29 2020 02:42pm)
We did lock down again. Hit the club one last time this weekend it was POPPEN.. Everyone was throwing money in the air & the bar wasn’t even charging for drinks LOL.. lots of talent out there too..

We locked down for another 2 months tho. Watcha gonna do.. Time to hit the lakes, Yosemite, rivers, & house parties lol.

True. Most bars and restaurants that have been closed for 2 months wouldn't charge for drinks to make money. That's just simple business knowledge there.
Gold: 71.00
Jun 30 2020 01:17pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Jun 29 2020 03:55pm)
serious question

if you're like 4'2 does that mean you only need 4' of distancing since there's already a natural 2' between you and other adults?

Wait...since i'm like a foot taller than the average dude walking around, does this mean i'm less at risk of getting covid? Since the droplets would have a harder time traveling up? I don't breathe the same air as most peasants, us giraffes have thin air up here.

Gold: 0.00
Jun 30 2020 01:34pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 30 2020 12:50pm)
Just now I captured the Worldometers recovered and death numbers:

Deaths:

Recovered:

That makes 6,224,634 completed cases, about 8% of whom have died.

Damn. That sucks, it is so hard to read that considering there is probably a lot more cases that isn't even recorded.

Well good thing most of them are old people...

/S

Except for the fact that the criteria for “recovery” is convoluted and specific and requires at last check multiple weeks of non symptom reporting meaning that many of the cases in limbo will likely be labeled as recovered if in fact the patients follow up appropriately to be labeled a closed case. Whereas a case resulting in mortality will always be labeled as closed. I’m not trying to belittle the mortality numbers because any mortality is a sad situation but I am saying take the percentages you are spewing with a grain of salt.
Gold: 8,034.70
Warn: 10%
Jun 30 2020 01:40pm
Quote (Bubbler @ 30 Jun 2020 15:34)
Except for the fact that the criteria for “recovery” is convoluted and specific and requires at last check multiple weeks of non symptom reporting meaning that many of the cases in limbo will likely be labeled as recovered if in fact the patients follow up appropriately to be labeled a closed case. Whereas a case resulting in mortality will always be labeled as closed. I’m not trying to belittle the mortality numbers because any mortality is a sad situation but I am saying take the percentages you are spewing with a grain of salt.

The number of times I have seen 'Corona case survivors' from american articles where when they went to the doctor the doctor said verbatim "you probably have corona" without any actual testing.
Gold: 13,750.00
Jun 30 2020 01:40pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 30 2020 03:17pm)
Wait...since i'm like a foot taller than the average dude walking around, does this mean i'm less at risk of getting covid? Since the droplets would have a harder time traveling up? I don't breathe the same air as most peasants, us giraffes have thin air up here.

would imagine so, plus if you sneeze it would travel straight down to the range of the 4' child (or adult in dom's case)

Gold: 9.21
Warn: 30%
Jun 30 2020 01:41pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 30 2020 03:17pm)

Ok 💀😂
Gold: 71.00
Jun 30 2020 01:42pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Jun 30 2020 01:04pm)
True. Most bars and restaurants that have been closed for 2 months wouldn't charge for drinks to make money. That's just simple business knowledge there.

:rofl:
Gold: 8,034.70
Warn: 10%
Jun 30 2020 01:47pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Sixers @ 30 Jun 2020 15:17)

no viruses dont travel through the air like pollen or magical little vapours at nose height. viruses get inside you when you touch your face/mouth/nose/butthole.

Quote (stuartg85 @ 30 Jun 2020 15:40)
would imagine so, plus if you sneeze it would travel straight down to the range of the 4' child (or adult in dom's case)

ur actually just stupid bro

instead of imagining things, read a book maybe

This post was edited by Crunkt on Jun 30 2020 01:48pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 30 2020 01:48pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 30 2020 11:17am)

With your fandom of any Philadelphia team it's quite obvious your brain isn't receiving enough oxygen.
Gold: 73.65
Jun 30 2020 01:53pm
Quote (Bubbler @ Jun 30 2020 03:34pm)

All valid points, I agree with.

To be frank, I'm not 100% sure on how that stuff works, thanks for clarifying it.

Quote (Crunkt @ Jun 30 2020 03:47pm)
no viruses dont travel through the air like pollen or magical little vapours at nose height. viruses get inside you when you touch your face/mouth/nose/butthole.

ur actually just stupid bro

instead of imagining things, read a book maybe

The coronavirus is thought to spread mainly from person to person. This can happen between people who are in close contact with one another. Droplets that are produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes may land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby, or possibly be inhaled into their lungs.

A person infected with coronavirus — even one with no symptoms — may emit aerosols when they talk or breathe. Aerosols are infectious viral particles that can float or drift around in the air for up to three hours. Another person can breathe in these aerosols and become infected with the coronavirus. This is why everyone should cover their nose and mouth when they go out in public.

Coronavirus can also spread from contact with infected surfaces or objects. For example, a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.

The virus may be shed in saliva, semen, and feces; whether it is shed in vaginal fluids isn't known. Kissing can transmit the virus. Transmission of the virus through feces, or during vaginal or anal intercourse or oral sex, appears to be extremely unlikely at this time.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-basics

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jun 30 2020 01:58pm
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Closed New Topic New Poll