d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > 2022 Offseason Thread
Prev1333435363757Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 540.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 18 2022 02:19pm
Quote (Sixers @ Aug 19 2022 05:45am)
Someone didn't watch the playoffs apparently. Tobias was very good in the playoffs, on BOTH sides of the ball. He played outstanding defense in the postseason....it's almost as if him doing less on offense (after the Harden acquisition) allowed him to exert more energy on defense, where he excelled.

And inefficient? Tobias shot 50/39/87 in the playoffs. Last postseason he shot 49/37/88 and averaged 22 PPG. Let's not act like he's some postseason flop or something.

Over the past 4 seasons, Tobias has shot 49/38/85 with a TS% of 58%. Averaging 19/7/3 over that span.

Over the past 4 seasons, Horford has shot 48/35/81 with a TS% of 56.7%. Averaging 12/7/4 over that span.

What are we even talking about here? We know he's overpaid, but he's still a good player. Stop disrespecting him with these comparisons rofl :rolleyes:

Why are we talking about playoffs when Horford was absolute spectacular for the entirety of the playoffs?

And typical DM bringing up shooting stats, while completely ignoring the fact that Horford has always been elite defensively, while Tobias has always been a scarecrow.

Horford is for sure the better player.

And Brogdon is a better score than Harris too

Harris would be the Celtics 4th option scorer
And he would be possibly the 6th - 7th best player on the team
He would not start on the floor

This is all factual stuff, and if you feel you disagree then go start a realgm poll to confirm ๐Ÿ‘

Also I like how you went back 4 years of regular season stats to flatter your argument lol.

This post was edited by Nwotmik on Aug 18 2022 02:31pm
Gold: 600.00
Aug 18 2022 02:53pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Aug 18 2022 12:19pm)
Why are we talking about playoffs when Horford was absolute spectacular for the entirety of the playoffs?

And typical DM bringing up shooting stats, while completely ignoring the fact that Horford has always been elite defensively, while Tobias has always been a scarecrow.

This is all factual stuff, and if you feel you disagree then go start a realgm poll to confirm ๐Ÿ‘

Also I like how you went back 4 years of regular season stats to flatter your argument lol.

boston sucks
Aug 18 2022 03:15pm
Quote (Cbramgar @ Aug 19 2022 06:53am)
boston sucks

Indeed we do, but still 10x better than Philly
Gold: 600.00
Aug 18 2022 03:26pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Aug 18 2022 01:15pm)
Indeed we do, but still 10x better than Philly

dm thinks they win the chip every year :lol:
Gold: 76.00
Aug 18 2022 03:32pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Aug 18 2022 04:19pm)

Tobias was excellent defensively in the playoffs bro, and was for the most of the postseason the teams best two-way player taking over on offense at times and playing very very good defense. This is no secret though? I thought everyone already knew this? There's still time to delete your post though.

If you didn't watch just say so next time. No need to expose yourself posting shit you read on jsp from basement dwellers like piatek rofl.

Like I said, Tobias would be the third leading scorer on the Celtics. Brogdon is a good scorer, but he's not as efficient (Tobias is better across the board) and he's made of glass. Just accept this and move on. No need to get desperate and start spewing some of the crazy shit you've said in your last few posts....

This post was edited by Sixers on Aug 18 2022 03:32pm
Aug 18 2022 03:33pm
Quote (Trust100Percent @ Aug 18 2022 03:15pm)
I know is basically a meme to trash on Sixers players here but I'm getting worried some of you are starting to believe some of the nonsense I'm reading here.

He said Gallinari would be ahead of Tobias on the Celtics roster.

With a straight face. Yes. He did that.

This is what i'm working with here.
Gold: 8,244.70
Aug 18 2022 05:40pm
Quote (Sixers @ 18 Aug 2022 17:32)
Tobias was excellent defensively in the playoffs bro, and was for the most of the postseason the teams best two-way player taking over on offense at times and playing very very good defense. This is no secret though? I thought everyone already knew this? There's still time to delete your post though.

If you didn't watch just say so next time. No need to expose yourself posting shit you read on jsp from basement dwellers like piatek rofl.

Like I said, Tobias would be the third leading scorer on the Celtics. Brogdon is a good scorer, but he's not as efficient (Tobias is better across the board) and he's made of glass. Just accept this and move on. No need to get desperate and start spewing some of the crazy shit you've said in your last few posts....

Tobias is good he just doesn't have a dog in em

fire under his arse

a sharpness in his eye

he just lacks IT you know

and he is getting old gonna be tough for him to not recede in ppg again this year
Aug 18 2022 07:40pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Aug 18 2022 07:40pm)
Tobias is good he just doesn't have a dog in em

fire under his arse

a sharpness in his eye

he just lacks IT you know

and he is getting old gonna be tough for him to not recede in ppg again this year

True, but he did show more dog this playoff run than ever before. Actually played good defense and shocked everyone. I think it has more to do with the acquisition of Harden though, because Tobias doesn't have to do as much offensively and can be more of a set shooter and not trying to create his own shot every possession like he did before. He looked good in his new role, although less usage on offense.

He's naturally going to see fewer shot attempts with the addition of Harden and with the rise of Maxey. But that's a good thing because those attempts are better quality and he's playing better on the defensive end. Him settling into a #4 option type of role is a good luxury to have. This is why having PJ Tucker as that 5th starter should work well, because he doesn't need many touches and is just there to shoot the open corner shots.

This post was edited by Sixers on Aug 18 2022 07:42pm
Aug 18 2022 08:19pm
Quote (Sixers @ Aug 19 2022 07:33am)
He said Gallinari would be ahead of Tobias on the Celtics roster.

With a straight face. Yes. He did that.

This is what i'm working with here.

Heโ€™s be about the only one where itโ€™s close

The rest is a no brainer

6th best Celtic at absolute best. Easy decision.
Aug 18 2022 08:21pm
Quote (Sixers @ Aug 19 2022 07:32am)

Tobias might have been good on defense in these playoffs, Iโ€™ll agree to that, even a hydropk wins a bet every now and then. But Horfords defense in the playoffs >>>>>>

Heโ€™s just a flat out better all round player. Horford that is. Simple stuff.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1333435363757Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll