d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Basketball Off Season Chat
Prev1161718192022Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,044.70
Warn: 10%
Aug 9 2022 10:37am
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ 9 Aug 2022 12:30)
That trio would be fucking insane.

I just don't see how they could match any offer that the Celtics, Raptors, Suns and NOLA could make. Unless some insane 3 team trade happens with Ayton or Bam traded, but not to BK, the Suns(why move Booker) and Heat(Herro and bums ain't it :lol: ) are probably already out.

The Celtics, Raptors or NOLA have the best packages imo.

Raptors: Barnes(7 years control) + Siakam OR OG and FVV + picks. I'm not sure that's championship material.

NOLA: Ingram + Jones + Hayes + Murphy + Lewis + picks. He is then banking on Zion, who barely plays, to be ready to push for championships. NOLA def has the pieces, but the market is too small and the roster would be gutted. I can't see KD wanting to play with that roster.

Celtics: Brown + White or Smart(don't see C's doing both) + Grant(if White) + Picks. Jaylen seems to be the clear cut #1 piece Brooklyn can bring in.

Minnesota could top these offers, but their direction seems pretty clear. They aren't going to give up their rising #1 picks.

Maxey, Thybulle and Tobias + picks is laughable compared to other offers.

I'm not saying the Celtics have the best package, but they are def offering the best player from what we've heard.

Siakam and Barnes aren't on the table. Not sure what third rate sports article you are referring to but I can guarantee Barnes and Siakam aren't even in the table

And why do we assume KD is worth an entire team?? When has trading your entire starting lineup for 1 dumb shit prima Donna ever worked out historically?? Literally never so why people are so obsessed with trading a whole team just for over rated 1st round exit Durant. Stop

This post was edited by Crunkt on Aug 9 2022 10:39am
Gold: 17.99
Aug 9 2022 10:49am
Quote (Crunkt @ Aug 9 2022 12:37pm)
Siakam and Barnes aren't on the table. Not sure what third rate sports article you are referring to but I can guarantee Barnes and Siakam aren't even in the table

And why do we assume KD is worth an entire team?? When has trading your entire starting lineup for 1 dumb shit prima Donna ever worked out historically?? Literally never so why people are so obsessed with trading a whole team just for over rated 1st round exit Durant. Stop

I didn't say the Raptors made that offer. I said they are one of the teams that are interested AND have the pieces to acquire him. If reports are true, they already turned down Barnes + Siakam + 4 picks.

Celtics did it before, heh...KG was younger than KD is now and they obviously have MUCH different mindsets, but I know the Celtics traded 5 players + 5th and 6th pick 2009 draft + cash. It worked out quite ok. It could have been better, but KG got injured year 2 and was never the same. The Celtics were robbed in 2010 :rolleyes: :cry:

Aug 9 2022 10:53am
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ 9 Aug 2022 12:49)
I didn't say the Raptors made that offer. I said they are one of the teams that are interested AND have the pieces to acquire him. If reports are true, they already turned down Barnes + Siakam + 4 picks.

Celtics did it before, heh...KG was younger than KD is now and they obviously have MUCH different mindsets, but I know the Celtics traded 5 players + 5th and 6th pick 2009 draft + cash. It worked out quite ok. It could have been better, but KG got injured year 2 and was never the same. The Celtics were robbed in 2010 :rolleyes: :cry:

Jefferson was the only starter and they didn't give up their core of Perkins Pearce and Allen

That was known league wide as a terrible trade that subjected the twolves to being trash for the next decade

This post was edited by Crunkt on Aug 9 2022 10:54am
Aug 9 2022 11:10am
Quote (Crunkt @ Aug 9 2022 12:53pm)
Jefferson was the only starter and they didn't give up their core of Perkins Pearce and Allen

That was known league wide as a terrible trade that subjected the twolves to being trash for the next decade

I agree somewhat. I am assuming you are saying Tony Allen who was def a bench player btw.

Ray Allen was acquired 2 nights before for Wally Szczerbiak + Delonte West + rights to Jeff Green(5th pick)

The team sucked so bad, so they didn't really have a true starting 5. Gomes, Jefferson, and West were def "starters". Wally was when healthy but that season finished him. So, I would say 3 of their starters. KG, Ray and Rondo took their spots.

imo, teams also didn't have the depth in roster like they do today....That was a massive trade.
Aug 9 2022 11:43am
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ 9 Aug 2022 13:10)
I agree somewhat. I am assuming you are saying Tony Allen who was def a bench player btw.

Ray Allen was acquired 2 nights before for Wally Szczerbiak + Delonte West + rights to Jeff Green(5th pick)

The team sucked so bad, so they didn't really have a true starting 5. Gomes, Jefferson, and West were def "starters". Wally was when healthy but that season finished him. So, I would say 3 of their starters. KG, Ray and Rondo took their spots.

imo, teams also didn't have the depth in roster like they do today....That was a massive trade.

So Boston didn't give up their 26 ppg scorer and gave up their 12ppg 12 ppg 10 ppg guys to get Garnett. And the same for Allen.

We are asking Toronto to give up a 25ppg scorer and Scott Barnes, the future of the NBA 16ppg scorer Plus 4 other picks/6th men for what?
You are technically correct. But the trade was peanuts versus Kevin Garnett and we are talking about Siakam AND Barnes plus?? Naw I'll take my all American writers to keep talking shit about Toronto so I can cover the futures again Ty very much
Gold: 71.00
Aug 9 2022 11:59am
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Aug 9 2022 12:30pm)
That trio would be fucking insane.

I just don't see how they could match any offer that the Celtics, Raptors, Suns and NOLA could make. Unless some insane 3 team trade happens with Ayton or Bam traded, but not to BK, the Suns(why move Booker) and Heat(Herro and bums ain't it :lol: ) are probably already out.

The Celtics, Raptors or NOLA have the best packages imo.

Raptors: Barnes(7 years control) + Siakam OR OG and FVV + picks. I'm not sure that's championship material.

NOLA: Ingram + Jones + Hayes + Murphy + Lewis + picks. He is then banking on Zion, who barely plays, to be ready to push for championships. NOLA def has the pieces, but the market is too small and the roster would be gutted. I can't see KD wanting to play with that roster.

Celtics: Brown + White or Smart(don't see C's doing both) + Grant(if White) + Picks. Jaylen seems to be the clear cut #1 piece Brooklyn can bring in.

Minnesota could top these offers, but their direction seems pretty clear. They aren't going to give up their rising #1 picks.

Maxey, Thybulle and Tobias + picks is laughable compared to other offers.

I'm not saying the Celtics have the best package, but they are def offering the best player from what we've heard.

76ers aren't trading for him, i'm just talking shit lol. They don't have the draft picks to trade (can't trade b2b firsts so they don't have much to offer there for a while).

Maxey is a good centerpiece in the trade, but just like any other team you'd have to throw in picks as well and they simply don't have any to offer. Plus, Maxey is on a rookie deal for another two years so Harris would have to be included in the deal as well to make salaries match.

KD probably going to Boston and i'm going to hate them even more. But I also hope his petty mentally fragile mind destroys them internally rofl
Aug 9 2022 12:08pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Aug 9 2022 01:43pm)
So Boston didn't give up their 26 ppg scorer and gave up their 12ppg 12 ppg 10 ppg guys to get Garnett. And the same for Allen.

We are asking Toronto to give up a 25ppg scorer and Scott Barnes, the future of the NBA 16ppg scorer Plus 4 other picks/6th men for what?
You are technically correct. But the trade was peanuts versus Kevin Garnett and we are talking about Siakam AND Barnes plus?? Naw I'll take my all American writers to keep talking shit about Toronto so I can cover the futures again Ty very much

I agree with you completely. I wouldn't do it if I were the Raptors. No way I'd give up 7 years of control with Scottie Barnes. No brainer if it's Siakam, OG and filler imo.

I want the Celtics to do it because Jaylen only has 2 years left. If you look at how the org has floated his name around in trade rumors for many years now, I do not see him wanting to stay in Boston.
He is eligible for an extension but won't sign one because he can only make roughly $111 million over three years.
If he waits until 2025, he could sign a maximum contract with the Celtics worth $273 million, provided he makes one All-NBA team. Slightly less elsewhere.
No brainer......

Just don't want Boston to take the risk of losing him for nothing. Most athletes walk away from Boston as soon as they can, so go all in and give me KD, pls.

Quote (Sixers @ Aug 9 2022 01:59pm)
76ers aren't trading for him, i'm just talking shit lol. They don't have the draft picks to trade (can't trade b2b firsts so they don't have much to offer there for a while).

Maxey is a good centerpiece in the trade, but just like any other team you'd have to throw in picks as well and they simply don't have any to offer. Plus, Maxey is on a rookie deal for another two years so Harris would have to be included in the deal as well to make salaries match.

KD probably going to Boston and i'm going to hate them even more. But I also hope his petty mentally fragile mind destroys them internally rofl

It's def looking like Boston or staying in BK. What KD is doing right now doesn't look very good lmao. Teams are probably losing interest quick seeing the snake that he is.

Celtics failed the 1st half of the year because of all the internal garbage but it looks like Udoka was the right answer. Maybe KD gets right in line....

Please make it happen :cry:

This post was edited by ZxFamily-GuyxZ on Aug 9 2022 12:12pm
Aug 9 2022 06:42pm
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ 9 Aug 2022 14:08)
I agree with you completely. I wouldn't do it if I were the Raptors. No way I'd give up 7 years of control with Scottie Barnes. No brainer if it's Siakam, OG and filler imo.

I want the Celtics to do it because Jaylen only has 2 years left. If you look at how the org has floated his name around in trade rumors for many years now, I do not see him wanting to stay in Boston.
He is eligible for an extension but won't sign one because he can only make roughly $111 million over three years.
If he waits until 2025, he could sign a maximum contract with the Celtics worth $273 million, provided he makes one All-NBA team. Slightly less elsewhere.
No brainer......

Just don't want Boston to take the risk of losing him for nothing. Most athletes walk away from Boston as soon as they can, so go all in and give me KD, pls.

It's def looking like Boston or staying in BK. What KD is doing right now doesn't look very good lmao. Teams are probably losing interest quick seeing the snake that he is.

Celtics failed the 1st half of the year because of all the internal garbage but it looks like Udoka was the right answer. Maybe KD gets right in line....

Please make it happen :cry:

KD should go to Boston and beat the Lakers like it is written in stone

This post was edited by Crunkt on Aug 9 2022 06:47pm
Gold: 600.00
Aug 9 2022 07:18pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Aug 9 2022 05:42pm)
KD should go to Boston and beat the Lakers like it is written in stone

https://i.imgur.com/hauxpZ3.jpg

boston sucks
Gold: 3,780.00
Aug 9 2022 08:31pm
Sooo.. we gone talk about Dejounte Murray saying he feena "blow the back out" of Paolo... NIGGA WAT..
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1161718192022Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll