d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball >
Poll > Usa Basketball & General Olympics Thread
Prev1101112131454Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 540.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 21 2024 05:17pm
Quote (MildSambal @ Jul 21 2024 08:33pm)
Travel the world and see for yourself that the U.S. is kinda an overrated shithole

Donald Trump is about to be President for a second term. Healthcare is awful, education is awful for public schools, uni is overpriced and mostly irrelevant curriculum. One of the highest homeless populations, one of the highest wealth gaps, one of the highest in crime rate. Late stage capitalism is also a cancer that makes many things worse. Also it’s a very individualistic society, I prefer the community oriented neighborhoods in Hispanic and Asian cultures

Of course this doesn’t apply if you’re wealthy or well connected

You forgot obesity, arrogance, etc

But they’re good in wars, at sport and making movies!!
Gold: 50.00
Jul 21 2024 06:25pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Jul 21 2024 06:17pm)

😂😂 having been in Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia the biggest difference I notice is that people are mostly content even if they have nothing. So many people in the US play the victim and act like they deserve the world even if they are the biggest piece of shit you’ve ever met in your life
Gold: 2,690.00
Jul 21 2024 06:29pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Jul 21 2024 04:17pm)

Quote (MildSambal @ Jul 21 2024 05:25pm)
😂😂 having been in Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia the biggest difference I notice is that people are mostly content even if they have nothing. So many people in the US play the victim and act like they deserve the world even if they are the biggest piece of shit you’ve ever met in your life

I'd like to here thoughts on the matter
Gold: 76.00
Jul 21 2024 06:37pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Jul 21 2024 07:17pm)

You do realize Australia isn't all that far behind in obesity, right? Your mf's have a fat people problem as well. But you dont have the military flex or economy to go along with it. Just fat and kangaroos.

Jul 21 2024 06:39pm
Quote (MildSambal @ Jul 21 2024 08:25pm)

This goes back to my point earlier.

The poor in the U.S. live a better life than the average middle class in most countries. This is fact. With way more opportunities to make REAL money.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jul 21 2024 06:40pm
Gold: 50.00
Jul 21 2024 07:37pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jul 21 2024 07:39pm)
This goes back to my point earlier.

The poor in the U.S. live a better life than the average middle class in most countries. This is fact. With way more opportunities to make REAL money.

And yet the poor in these developing countries are joyful even though they have less. Most poor people you meet in the U.S. are suffering, why do you think crime and mental illness is so high?
Gold: 540.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 21 2024 07:59pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jul 22 2024 10:37am)
You do realize Australia isn't all that far behind in obesity, right? Your mf's have a fat people problem as well. But you dont have the military flex or economy to go along with it. Just fat and kangaroos.

But we do have better education programs, better health cover, more friendly people, and obviously a far more beautiful country overall. With lower cost of living, better paying jobs (manual labour is absolute dirt in the US, where as construction and mining industries thrive here)

It’s a better country, for sure.

That’s why so many Americans move here and never look back. I’ve never heard of a single Australian move to the States. It’s good for a few weeks holiday, and that’s about it really. Wouldn’t live there in a million years. Most of the big cities are absolutely disgusting.

The only people who think the US is great, are US citizens. And it’s really only the red neck white trash ones that believe that.

This post was edited by Nwotmik on Jul 21 2024 07:59pm
Jul 21 2024 09:24pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Jul 21 2024 09:59pm)
But we do have better education programs, better health cover, more friendly people, and obviously a far more beautiful country overall. With lower cost of living, better paying jobs (manual labour is absolute dirt in the US, where as construction and mining industries thrive here)

It’s a better country, for sure.

That’s why so many Americans move here and never look back. I’ve never heard of a single Australian move to the States. It’s good for a few weeks holiday, and that’s about it really. Wouldn’t live there in a million years. Most of the big cities are absolutely disgusting.

The only people who think the US is great, are US citizens. And it’s really only the red neck white trash ones that believe that.

Did this guy just say Australia is better than the US? My god lol

I've literally never heard of an American say they are moving to Australia, ever. Unless they were from there originally lol. Vacation? Sure. Living and working? Fuck no.

Also, did you just say better paying jobs in Australia? You did ZERO research before making these dumbass comments. Just stop. You just spewed a bunch of made up nonsense. Australia doesn't even have real internet and you're out here comparing it to the largest and most powerful economy on earth. The USA is where you grind and make real money. There's a reason why so many people want citizenship here.

Not to mention Australians pay more in taxes. That's where your universal Healthcare comes from...your hard earned paychecks lmao. And the cost of living is NOT cheaper. It's all relative state by state and city by city.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jul 21 2024 09:46pm
Gold: 20,000.84
Jul 21 2024 09:56pm
Aussies are not friendly to tourists.
Gold: 3,780.00
Jul 21 2024 10:18pm
Anyways, Immigrant here, born outside the US, lived outside the US. I am very glad my father took a risk and came to the US with no money and just wanting better for his family. Because of that I am in a country that has allowed for my own self determination and very little ease accumulate multiple properties and a great career. With not even great work ethic tbh. I am glad I live in a country where my self determination and ambition is able to succeed, and fail, on its own.

Not perfect here but I love the balance we have of freedom and community.. We could be better in the communal aspect but ay, Ill be the change in my community.

This post was edited by Dominicano on Jul 21 2024 10:19pm
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1101112131454Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll