d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Is Masai Lowkey Floundering After His Title?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,069.70
Jun 22 2023 07:45pm
Quote (MildSambal @ 22 Jun 2023 20:36)
The difference with the Wizards is they had horrible management to get stuck with those contracts. Beal had a no trade clause, so he could dictate exactly where to force the Wizards to trade him and what package they could accept in return for him, plus he has a gigantic contract that he doesn't deserve...

KP is injury prone and close to just walking and leaving them empty handed. To get Jones and some picks is better than nothing

The Raps have more valuable pieces because they are under better contracts, altho Masai is pretty delusional about what he expects in return for Spicy P and OG especially

I know Masai is being really picky with OG but teams simply arent offering enough for Siakam. He is is worth way more than pretty much every offer I have seen floating around.

Knowing how hard it is to entice good players to come to Toronto it is going to feel really bad giving up Siakam without getting a number 1 in return.
Jun 23 2023 11:03am
God damn it Masai is a genius

Gold: 4,374.00
Jun 23 2023 11:39am
Quote (Crunkt @ Jun 23 2023 11:03am)
God damn it Masai is a genius

https://i.imgur.com/z35ykQn.png

I wanted Gradey on the jazz
Jun 23 2023 12:01pm
Quote (SaF7 @ 23 Jun 2023 13:39)
I wanted Gradey on the jazz

Gold: 1,239.13
Jun 23 2023 12:10pm
Not sure about Masai but Peter Feigin is sure running the Bucks into the ground
Gold: 50.00
Jun 23 2023 01:09pm
Quote (Winlaw @ Jun 23 2023 01:10pm)
Not sure about Masai but Peter Feigin is sure running the Bucks into the ground

winning 1 Championship and extending Giannis deeper into his prime is already more success than the vast majority of fans/analysts could ever dream of happening in Milwaukee

Masai got the title in Toronto, Kawhi left immediately even tho they were willing to give him absolutely everything

having Giannis will always put Milwaukee a significant step forward ahead of Toronto because they don't have a real cornerstone. maybe Barnes could be, but I think his ceiling is OG personally

Jul 18 2023 04:01pm
Raps in danger of OG and Spicy P leaving for nothing, could get real ugly for the Raps summer of 2024
Jul 19 2023 02:44pm
Quote (MildSambal @ 18 Jul 2023 18:01)
Raps in danger of OG and Spicy P leaving for nothing, could get real ugly for the Raps summer of 2024

Pascal refuses to re sign with teams post the this year because he wants to stay in Toronto.

I think Pascal can be a lifer in Toronto. The First one. Our Lifer.

OG is fine Masai can keep him as an integral part of the team and dangle him in front of everyone at trade deadline again just for funzies

Everyones mind is poisoned thinking Hinky style tanking is the only way to go but that cannot be further from the truth. The Process Failed. Stop thinking teams need to drop all assets and tank for picks or else they are in 'danger'

Maybe our new coach thinks Pascal and OG are a key piece of the puzzle and everybody is much happier in the locker room with the new coach. It could be that simple.

Either that or we getting Dame in a few days

something like that

This post was edited by Crunkt on Jul 19 2023 02:46pm
Jul 19 2023 02:50pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Jul 19 2023 03:44pm)
Pascal refuses to re sign with teams post the this year because he wants to stay in Toronto.

I think Pascal can be a lifer in Toronto. The First one. Our Lifer.

OG is fine Masai can keep him as an integral part of the team and dangle him in front of everyone at trade deadline again just for funzies

Everyones mind is poisoned thinking Hinky style tanking is the only way to go but that cannot be further from the truth. The Process Failed. Stop thinking teams need to drop all assets and tank for picks or else they are in 'danger'

Maybe our new coach thinks Pascal and OG are a key piece of the puzzle and everybody is much happier in the locker room with the new coach. It could be that simple.

Either that or we getting Dame in a few days

something like that

I don’t know which team has added less talent and lost more contract negotiations and trades in the past 5 years. This isn't calling for a complete tear down. It is expecting that assets be flipped for something tangible instead of coming up empty handed.
Jul 21 2023 08:31am
Quote (MildSambal @ 19 Jul 2023 16:50)
I don’t know which team has added less talent and lost more contract negotiations and trades in the past 5 years. This isn't calling for a complete tear down. It is expecting that assets be flipped for something tangible instead of coming up empty handed.

Oh come on we still finished 9th seed bro like relax yourself about how much talent has rescinded since 2019.

Bulls have added an entire Mid level team worth of talent and still finished with a worse record than the Raps.

Toronto hasnt been at the front page of trade news no but we did score Poeltl last year and resigned him already.. Thats a win. We will have a full year with an actual 5 for the first time in a while.

What if Masai is giga braining the situation and has some understanding that Pascal wants to stay in Toronto beyond next year (clues being that he doesnt want to commit to signing if traded from Raps)? He already has Poeltl ligned up (Pascals best IRL friend). WE have Scotty in his third year. We have this Dick kid who could be a rocket about to explode.. and we got OG to slot into the 3 position

Poeltl Siakam OG GTJ Scotty is an entertaining product that can at least go .500.... and we are ALREADY on the trajectory with Scotty Dick Precious Boucher. That sounds like a blast and lots to look forward to for me. plus we dont have to tank and go .300 for two seasons in between

Not to mention we just signed Schroeder who is solid. Schroeder can help Scotty develop his PG skills. I think Scotty is the starting PG with Schroeder backing him up off the bench.

Lowkey the more I think about it the more I actually like Toronto's situation.

Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll