d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Just Lol @ Phillies (frauds)
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 76.00
Aug 27 2024 10:59pm
5-0 vs Houston

Going for the series sweep tomorrow
Gold: 4.00
Aug 27 2024 11:28pm
Quote (Sixers @ Aug 27 2024 11:59pm)
5-0 vs Houston

Going for the series sweep tomorrow

You may get it. Astros are in a little funk right now but nothing to panic over. Good news is Kyle Tucker is sprinting now. :baby:

Rays helped us out with a 3-2 win over the Mariners. Would've loved for it to happen the night before when I bet on the Rays!
But I do warn you. Spencer Arrighetti is sensational lately. He out-dueled Cy Young winner Corbin Burnes at Baltimore last start.
Three of Arrighetti's last four starts have been money. Including 25 combined strikeouts in back-to-back games. The rookie is maturing.

Astros (62) are four games ahead of the Mariners (66) in the loss column. Seattle has the tiebreaker so gotta finish 1 game ahead.
Mariners have to play the Rangers seven times in September. Bruce Bochy will help us out. Also Jacob deGrom will be back. Yes!!

The Astros just need to clinch the 2024 AL West division title. Reach the postseason. Everybody is 0-0. 3-game wild card round. So be it.

This post was edited by MADmartigan on Aug 27 2024 11:33pm
Aug 29 2024 03:21pm
Your Phillies put some unnecessary fear into me yesterday after the first two games. Should've trusted the Astros.
Especially the way Spencer Arrighetti is pitching. The rookie has been sensational ever since he made adjustments.

In fact, Arrighetti, right now, could be the best pitcher on the team and that's saying a lot. Because we have six good starters even with Javier and McCullers Jr. out.

I had seen that Yainer Diaz was out of the lineup right before the game yesterday. So I bet on the Rays instead. LOL
And of course the Rays +0.5 F5 RL was one strike from winning. 1-1 in bottom 5th, 2 outs, runner 2nd. Two-run homer.

My betting luck sucks. But my teams will end up winning. I could see the Astros winning the 2024 World Series.
Texans winning their first Super Bowl. Rockets being a playoff team. Everything will work out in the end anyway.
Aug 29 2024 03:59pm
Quote (MADmartigan @ Aug 29 2024 05:21pm)
Your Phillies put some unnecessary fear into me yesterday after the first two games. Should've trusted the Astros.
Especially the way Spencer Arrighetti is pitching. The rookie has been sensational ever since he made adjustments.

In fact, Arrighetti, right now, could be the best pitcher on the team and that's saying a lot. Because we have six good starters even with Javier and McCullers Jr. out.

I had seen that Yainer Diaz was out of the lineup right before the game yesterday. So I bet on the Rays instead. LOL
And of course the Rays +0.5 F5 RL was one strike from winning. 1-1 in bottom 5th, 2 outs, runner 2nd. Two-run homer.

My betting luck sucks. But my teams will end up winning. I could see the Astros winning the 2024 World Series.
Texans winning their first Super Bowl. Rockets being a playoff team. Everything will work out in the end anyway.

Taijuan Walker is an absolute trash can. Dude has nothing these days. They announced he's getting moved to the pen, finally.
Aug 29 2024 04:43pm
Quote (Sixers @ Aug 29 2024 04:59pm)
Taijuan Walker is an absolute trash can. Dude has nothing these days. They announced he's getting moved to the pen, finally.

You're right. Yordan touched him up three times. Well the Phillies pitching I mean. LOL. It looked like a home run derby. To be fair the Astros vs. Phillies will be a lot more epic if they play each other in the 2024 World Series. I'd love to see a rematch of 2022. The Astros just need to get healthy. Kyle Tucker is already sprinting and playing the outfield in pregame warmups. He may return in mid September. And Jason Heyward is making his Astros debut tonight. Hitting 8th and playing right field.

I love Seattle fans and respect them. But the Mariners are going to have a problem once they play their next two series against the lowly Angels and Athletics. Specifically from September 6 to September 25 the Mariners play teams that will bolster a better lineup than they have. Cardinals, Padres, Rangers 7 times, Yankees and Astros. And the Texas Rangers may have Jacob deGrom available to pitch in two of those games. Nathan Eovaldi is starting to get hot as well. Rangers lineup is stacked even if they've sucked this year. Rangers just had a World Series hangover is all. They're still good enough to spank the Mariners in some of those seven games.

Astros are in good shape to clinch the 2024 AL West division title. Tough four-game series with the Royals starting tonight. Potential ALCS preview. Either Royals, Yankees or Orioles. Assuming the Astros stay on the Twins and Guardians bracket. That's the most likely matchup in wild-card round and ALDS. But the baseball season is going to be fun in September. The playoffs are going to be very exciting!!

This post was edited by MADmartigan on Aug 29 2024 04:43pm
Aug 29 2024 06:27pm
Oh wow! Tell me the Phillies aren't facing Charlie Morton tonight? I feel bad for their hitters.
Having to face Spencer Arrighetti and then Charlie Morton back to back. Still 0 runs scored?
Maybe they'll score in the late innings or get into that Braves bullpen. That's tough sledding.
Aug 29 2024 06:39pm
You can thank me for my jinx, DM! Marsh hit an opposite field, three-run homer. 4-3 game in the bottom of the 6th now.
Aug 30 2024 06:08am
Quote (MADmartigan @ Aug 29 2024 08:39pm)
You can thank me for my jinx, DM! Marsh hit an opposite field, three-run homer. 4-3 game in the bottom of the 6th now.

Phillies won 5-4 after being down 0-4 😊
Aug 30 2024 01:25pm
Quote (Sixers @ Aug 30 2024 07:08am)
Phillies won 5-4 after being down 0-4 😊

I thought the game was over the way Charlie Morton and the Braves were cruising along. 4-0 lead in the bottom of the 6th.

Astros have a good six-man rotation going right now. Four-game lead in the division. Tougher schedule left than Seattle.
But after the Mariners play the lowly Angels and Athletics they have a tougher 18-game stretch vs. some better lineups.

Astros took down a good Royals team last night coming back to win 6-3 after falling behind 3-2. Heyward's 2-run double.
It's funny because I know Jason Heyward is pretty old and people say he's washed up. In his last two games he has 5 RBIS.

If Heyward is able to rediscover some youth he can still get some at-bats in left field when Kyle Tucker returns. Yordan DH's most of the time.
Jake Meyers isn't hitting worth a crap playing center field. Astros would be better off playing Mauricio Dubón in CF. He plays some LF now.

I still think it will be the Astros vs. Phillies in the 2024 World Series. A lot of tough games left to play before then though.
Aug 31 2024 07:58pm
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll