d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1979899100101753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 121,771.00
Apr 1 2010 07:53am
Quote (Eep @ 1 Apr 2010 08:45)
not really

there's already an overload of testosterone on the luffy crew, another female and fruit user as well would fit well, imo.

Though, to be 100% honest, I don't see EITHER of them joining. They both have lives of their own and I'm sure they'd rather do those things (Jimbei might be interested in helping whats left of whitebeards crew, you know...he was quite partial to the guy)

and ofc hancock has her own entire island to look after.

I keep thinking the last member of luffys crew should be a logia user. It would make for interesting fights and finally make for another fighter who can compete with zoro/sanji in terms of overall battle power.

luffy said he was going to have 10 members, but that doesnt mean he will end with 10. :P of course he will have 10 at a certain point.
if they count going merry / thousand sunny they already have ten!

franky left his family
nami left her village
usopp left kaya
sanji left the restraunt
brook could of just saved some time and went to look for laboon :P

Apr 1 2010 07:55am
Quote (Eep @ 31 Mar 2010 22:59)
jimbei won't join

I could see hancock though....

Jimbei will most likely hop off @ fishmens island (which is probably where they will head to....

If his crew had to meet up somewhere, it'd be the place they were planning on going, right? The shabondy park is still a war zone basically and not safe, imo.)

just my thoughts though. We wont see it till the week after next though

no chapter next week! :(

Gold: 2.62
Apr 1 2010 07:55am
Quote (mew @ 1 Apr 2010 15:48)
zoro is questionably stronger than luffy.

but my point wasnt saying they were going to join, just saying that jimbei would be the more likely candidate. ^_^

zoro indeed possess great swordmanship skills, but even still i doubt that he could beat luffy in all-out-fight.

atleast since luffy can now fully control gear 3 + 2(atleast i think so), and has the ability to use somewhat of haki and all(managed to punch blackbeard)

Jimbei might actually temporerally join, and jump off @ fisherman island whatsoever

and about Hancock.. she has whole island to take care of as the snake princess or something, so i highly doubt she would join either

E: o right, this is just my opinion and all, dont mind me

This post was edited by Pavise on Apr 1 2010 07:59am
Apr 1 2010 08:00am
Quote (Pavise @ 1 Apr 2010 15:55)
zoro indeed possess great swordmanship skills, but even still i doubt that he could beat luffy in all-out-fight.

atleast since luffy can now fully control gear 3 + 2(atleast i think so), and has the ability to use somewhat of haki and all(managed to punch blackbeard)

Jimbei might actually temporerally join, and jump off @ fisherman island whatsoever

and about Hancock.. she has whole island to take care of as the snake princess or something, so i highly doubt she would join either

luffy has no clue of haki so its useless if he fought zoro he wont release it.
zoro hasnt even learn how to fully use his new sword yet.
every arc he fights the second strongest enemy because luffy is the captain/main character
zoro is always basically hurt and never fully recovered and still manages to beat up people!
zoro fought the swordsman and also took the damage luffy would of taken from kuma, which probably would of killed luffy.

the thing about amazon lily is that the empress is often re-throned.
seeing how the elder ex empress was like the 12th one! or something >.<
margeret could be the new empress <_<

This post was edited by mew on Apr 1 2010 08:03am
Gold: 6,669.61
Apr 1 2010 08:37am
Quote (mew @ Apr 1 2010 03:00pm)
luffy has no clue of haki so its useless if he fought zoro he wont release it.
zoro hasnt even learn how to fully use his new sword yet.

Which should make it about even, right? ^_^ Zoro hasn't mastered his sword yet and Luffy has far from mastered his haki.

every arc he fights the second strongest enemy because luffy is the captain/main character

Well the thing is that so far all the "second strongest" villians have been really weak in comparison to the strongest ones.
For example, Zoro defeated Kaku without too much effort, but do you really think that he would have even standed a chance when facing Lucci who is twice as strong as Kaku, even when in human form?
Ofc Luffy is protected by a giant plot shield, I doubt that he would have been able to defeat people like Enel if he wasn't the main character of the series.

zoro is always basically  hurt and never fully recovered and still manages to beat up people!
zoro fought the swordsman and also took the damage luffy would of taken from kuma, which probably would of killed luffy.

I definitely agree with you that Zoro possesses an endurance far greater than Luffy's.
For all we know he might even be stronger (from a weight lifting point of view) than him since all he does is working out.
But still, it has always been and will always be Luffy who defeats the main villians and the strongest people in the end because of the plot shield he has and it will remain that way.
Luffy exceeds Zoro in combat ability indeed. Especially now lol, while Zoro possibly have done nothing but playin' around with Perona this whole time, Luffy has been fighting his way to hell and back, improving both his haku and his actual fighting power a great deal in very a short time.
I mean, Zoro is the first mate after all and should not and will not exceed his own captain.

Anyway, we will probably never know what would happen if they ever fought as none of them would go all out when facing each other, even if pissed off really bad.

This post was edited by GuZ on Apr 1 2010 08:44am
Apr 1 2010 09:08am
Quote (GuZ @ 1 Apr 2010 16:37)
Which should make it about even, right? ^_^ Zoro hasn't mastered his sword yet and Luffy has far from mastered his haki.

Well the thing is that so far all the "second strongest" villians have been really weak in comparison to the strongest ones.
For example, Zoro defeated Kaku without too much effort, but do you really think that he would have even standed a chance when facing Lucci who is twice as strong as Kaku, even when in human form?
Ofc Luffy is protected by a giant plot shield, I doubt that he would have been able to defeat people like Enel if he wasn't the main character of the series.

I definitely agree with you that Zoro possesses an endurance far greater than Luffy's.
For all we know he might even be stronger (from a weight lifting point of view) than him since all he does is working out.
But still, it has always been and will always be Luffy who defeats the main villians and the strongest people in the end because of the plot shield he has and it will remain that way.
Luffy exceeds Zoro in combat ability indeed. Especially now lol, while Zoro possibly have done nothing but playin' around with Perona this whole time, Luffy has been fighting his way to hell and back, improving both his haku and his actual fighting power a great deal in very a short time.
I mean, Zoro is the first mate after all and should not and will not exceed his own captain.

Anyway, we will probably never know what would happen if they ever fought as none of them would go all out when facing each other, even if pissed off really bad.

yeah i know. :(
but when zoro fought kaku he had usopp tied to him >.< :P
it seems like he always has some sort of handicap

its that zoro never gets to fight the strongest, and doesnt get the chances luffy gets. :P
most of the time luffy gets to fight people stronger than him and goes all out beating them.
we rarely see that if at all with zoro.
and luffy was immune to enel!

Gold: 6,669.61
Apr 1 2010 09:21am
Quote (mew @ Apr 1 2010 04:08pm)
yeah i know. :(
but when zoro fought kaku he had usopp tied to him >.< :P
it seems like he always has some sort of handicap

its that zoro never gets to fight the strongest, and doesnt get the chances luffy gets. :P
most of the time luffy gets to fight people stronger than him and goes all out beating them.
we rarely see that if at all with zoro.

Aye, I'd certainly be happy to see Oda push Zoro to his limits, we know that he can take a whole lot of damage, but still have yet to see him go all out.
As it is now I think that he purposely doing this to get the fans to speculate into it ^

Quote (mew @ Apr 1 2010 04:08pm)

Well, I think that it's kind of depressing that Enel overestimated himself that much. Why didn't he train his body to match the enormous power of his DF?
I mean, he arguably had the strongest logia power in the world of One piece.
Apart from that he could travel at the speed of a lightning and had the devastating power of mantra but in the end he was defeated with a couple of rubber punches and got his ass kicked by a raging 17 year old boy -_-

This post was edited by GuZ on Apr 1 2010 09:22am
Apr 1 2010 09:32am
Quote (GuZ @ 1 Apr 2010 17:21)
Aye, I'd certainly be happy to see Oda push Zoro to his limits, we know that he can take a whole lot of damage, but still have yet to see him go all out.
As it is now I think that he purposely doing this to get the fans to speculate into it ^

Well, I think that it's kind of depressing that Enel overestimated himself that much. Why didn't he train his body to match the enormous power of his DF?
I mean, he arguably had the strongest logia power in the world of One piece.
Apart from that he could travel at the speed of a lightning and had the devastating power of mantra but in the end he was defeated with a couple of rubber punches and got his ass kicked by a raging 17 year old boy -_-

well he might still make a come back :D
Gold: 20.00
Apr 1 2010 12:41pm
Quote (Pavise @ Apr 1 2010 08:55am)

E: o right, this is just my opinion and all, dont mind me

wow, sounds a lot like

Quote (Eep @ Apr 1 2010 01:45am)
not really

there's already an overload of testosterone on the luffy crew, another female and fruit user as well would fit well, imo.

Though, to be 100% honest, I don't see EITHER of them joining. They both have lives of their own and I'm sure they'd rather do those things (Jimbei might be interested in helping whats left of whitebeards crew, you know...he was quite partial to the guy)

and ofc hancock has her own entire island to look after.

I keep thinking the last member of luffys crew should be a logia user. It would make for interesting fights and finally make for another fighter who can compete with zoro/sanji in terms of overall battle power.

Quote (Eep @ Mar 31 2010 03:59pm)
jimbei won't join

I could see hancock though....

Jimbei will most likely hop off @ fishmens island (which is probably where they will head to....

If his crew had to meet up somewhere, it'd be the place they were planning on going, right? The shabondy park is still a war zone basically and not safe, imo.)

just my thoughts though. We wont see it till the week after next though

ur own ideas, think of them on ur own

This post was edited by Eep on Apr 1 2010 12:43pm
Gold: 2.62
Apr 1 2010 01:38pm
Quote (Eep @ 1 Apr 2010 20:41)
wow, sounds a lot like

ur own ideas, think of them on ur own

your idea is now my idea. B)

but anyway, if u give it a though, only that would make sense, since i cant rly see jimbei or hancock joining strawhats, and whitebeard pirates died..

ofc they both would be heading "home" dont u think?
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1979899100101753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll