d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece *anime* Discussion > Discuss The One Piece *anime* Only!
Prev16465666768376Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 30%
Nov 7 2010 01:01pm
Quote (Black487 @ Nov 7 2010 11:52am)
Holy shit.  Captains are so ridiculously weak how could you not change your stance on that?  Zoro, Usopp, Nami, and Robin KO'd over 200 captains on the bridge of hesitation loool. 

Even if you disagree your point is still moot just due to the facts of the matter.

As far as Enel goes, your argument is as follows: Haki > Luffy which is not true and let me show you why. 

You said the only reason that Luffy beat Enel was because he was rubber and was immune to Enel.  BUT, luffy being rubber had nothing to do with Enel's Haki.  It only countered his Logia which isn't even a part of your argument. 

Given the situation, it was Luffy versus Haki, while logia was crossed out. 

Luffy defeated Enel's haki fair and square.  In fact it was rather pathetic. 

We also have luffy defeating the snake sisters. 

Plus we already have Luffy 1 hit KO'ing a V-admiral as if to say, "gtfo of my way".

You are waaay over valuing haki an day under valuing Monkey D. Luffy.

rofl no, they ran away from the captains,they jumped off the building onto the merry because they couldnt keep fighting

and it was luffy vs a logia that couldnt use any of his powers, JUST having haki isn't enough, having haki and being trained in it and being able to fight, is an other

and giant john was preoccupied as well

and luffy didnt defeat them, he earned hancocks heart by covering the tattoo
Gold: 0.00
Nov 7 2010 01:13pm
I am totally with Black he had served you with some good points mate,

Luffy is stronger then those captains, and enel's logia may have been countered by him being rubber but it didn't stop him from using his powers.

Gold: 2.90
Nov 7 2010 01:24pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Nov 7 2010 03:01pm)
rofl no, they ran away from the captains,they jumped off the building onto the merry because they couldnt keep fighting

and it was luffy vs a logia that couldnt use any of his powers, JUST having haki isn't enough, having haki and being trained in it and being able to fight, is an other

and giant john was preoccupied as well

and luffy didnt defeat them, he earned hancocks heart by covering the tattoo

Watch episode 308 and educate yourself on the captains. Zoro was throwing them up into the air like bean bags. Even nami took out several dozens worth. Meanwhile your argument was 1 on 1 luffy couldn't take on a captain? You have to realize how absurd it is.

http://www.watchop.com/watch/361-one-piece-episode-308-english-subbed/

All you're doing is adding absurd qualifiers to victory after victory Luffy's had against Haki users. Luffy had the ability to defeat the snake sisters easily at the end if you remember correctly, they were all despising him because he was leaping towards her to finish her as she hung on the edge. Only after it turned out he spared her did he earn their trust.

Enel was quite competent and knowledgeable in his haki.

I also rewatched the last 5 minutes of 467 and saw all of the giant fight scenes with luffy.

http://www.watchop.com/watch/626-one-piece-episode-467-english-subbed/

The V-admiral was well aware of luffy and they actually battled each other for a couple minutes with full attention given to each other. It was however, utter domination by Luffy.

Quote (TupacAshakur @ Nov 7 2010 03:13pm)

Luffy is stronger then those captains, and enel's logia may have been countered by him being rubber but it didn't stop him from using his powers.

Agreed, unless somebody offers some new points I think it's pretty much a closed case. I'm sorry Tr0ll but your whole argument is attempting to add qualifiers to luffy's clear cut victories.

This post was edited by Black487 on Nov 7 2010 01:25pm
Nov 7 2010 01:30pm
Quote (TupacAshakur @ Nov 7 2010 12:13pm)

his powers were useless, and he was less able to use haki than the common vice admiral
Quote (Black487 @ Nov 7 2010 12:24pm)
Watch episode 308 and educate yourself on the captains.  Zoro was throwing them up into the air like bean bags. Even nami took out several dozens worth.  Meanwhile your argument was 1 on 1 luffy couldn't take on a captain?  You have to realize how absurd it is. 

http://www.watchop.com/watch/361-one-piece-episode-308-english-subbed/

All you're doing is adding absurd qualifiers to victory after victory Luffy's had against Haki users.  Luffy had the ability to defeat the snake sisters easily at the end if you remember correctly, they were all despising him because he was leaping towards her to finish her as she hung on the edge.  Only after it turned out he spared her did he earn their trust. 

Enel was quite competent and knowledgeable in his haki.

I also rewatched the last 5 minutes of 467 and saw all of the giant fight scenes with luffy.

The V-admiral was well aware of luffy and they actually battled each other for a couple minutes with full attention given to each other.  It was however, utter domination by Luffy.

Agreed, unless somebody offers some new points I think it's pretty much a closed case.  I'm sorry Tr0ll but your whole argument is attempting to add qualifiers to luffy's clear cut victories.

to think those captains are the best of the navy is ridiculous,

and no, luffy can;t keep up gear 2nd forever, and was only winning because of the speed increase
Gold: 4.83
Nov 7 2010 01:38pm
Luffy is much stronger than most captains. The crew did not simply run away from the captains at the bridge of hesitation, they fought and defeated many captains before jumping off. That being said there are some lower ranked marines like Smoker (captain) and Sentoumaru (science captain) that Luffy would not be able to beat as he currently is in the anime.

Luffy is probably about Vice-Admiral level currently. The giant he one shot is not a confirmed Vice-Admiral, only two members of the giant squad are confirmed Vice-Admirals. I'm willing to bet the one Luffy took down is a Rear-Admiral.

On the subject of haki, any haki user who can keep up with Luffy's speed is going to beat Luffy. Busoshoku haki users in particular who meet this criteria are very likely to be able to defeat Luffy. The ability to negate Luffy's devil fruit is deadly. Luffy gets most of his amazing endurance from the fact that the damage of normal punches are substantially reduced by the rubber fruit. When he can't sustain a long fight the way he normally does, Luffy is going to have a very hard time winning. Gear second and third already drain an incredible amount of stamina (though he is improving on this problem), if the enemy is connecting real punches Luffy is going to get very tired, very fast. Mantra or Kenbunshoku haki alone on the other hand isn't too scary. Even if Luffy gets hit frequently because his movements are being predicted, they wont do much damage. This is why Luffy was able to defeat Enel even though he was a haki user whose actual strength equaled Luffy's.

With all vice-admirals having the power of haki and some having rokushiki (or devil fruits), they have the abilities needed to equal or overpower Luffy in his current form.
Gold: 2.90
Nov 7 2010 01:41pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Nov 7 2010 03:30pm)
his powers were useless, and he was less able to use haki than the common vice admiral

Where is your proof for this?

think those captains are the best of the navy is ridiculous

The captains of a buster call aren't the weakest. But hey, if you want more proof, Luffy KO's some captains in this episode @ marineford.

and no, luffy can;t keep up gear 2nd forever, and was only winning because of the speed increase

Which fight are you referring to?
Nov 7 2010 01:43pm
Quote (i_r_slayer @ Nov 7 2010 12:38pm)
Luffy is much stronger than most captains. The crew did not simply run away from the captains at the bridge of hesitation, they fought and defeated many captains before jumping off. That being said there are some lower ranked marines like Smoker (captain) and Sentoumaru (science captain) that Luffy would not be able to beat as he currently is in the anime.

Luffy is probably about Vice-Admiral level currently. The giant he one shot is not a confirmed Vice-Admiral, only two members of the giant squad are confirmed Vice-Admirals. I'm willing to bet the one Luffy took down is a Rear-Admiral.

On the subject of haki, any haki user who can keep up with Luffy's speed is going to beat Luffy. Busoshoku haki users in particular who meet this criteria are very likely to be able to defeat Luffy. The ability to negate Luffy's devil fruit is deadly. Luffy gets most of his amazing endurance from the fact that the damage of normal punches are substantially reduced by the rubber fruit. When he can't sustain a long fight the way he normally does, Luffy is going to have a very hard time winning. Gear second and third already drain an incredible amount of stamina (though he is improving on this problem), if the enemy is connecting real punches Luffy is going to get very tired, very fast. Mantra or Kenbunshoku haki alone on the other hand isn't too scary. Even if Luffy gets hit frequently because his movements are being predicted, they wont do much damage. This is why Luffy was able to defeat Enel even though he was a haki user whose actual strength equaled Luffy's.

With all vice-admirals having the power of haki and some having rokushiki (or devil fruits), they have the abilities needed to equal or overpower Luffy in his current form.

it was a vice admiral his name is giant john but i assume he was on the weaker side
Nov 7 2010 01:45pm
Quote (Black487 @ Nov 7 2010 12:41pm)
Where is your proof for this?

The captains of a buster call aren't the weakest.  But hey, if you want more proof, Luffy KO's some captains in this episode @ marineford. 

Which fight are you referring to?

my proof is that he has had no formal training

and luffy koing captins means nothing they;re more worried about the whitebeards

also as the other guy said

sentoumaru and smoker=2 captains luffy cant beat at the point in time

and the fight i was refferring to is luffy vs snake princesses

he only outsped them, he couldnt keep up 2nd gear long enough to finish either of them, and once his speed decreased again they could have finished him off
Gold: 0.00
Nov 7 2010 01:48pm
Let's first clarify about Marineford, Luffy doesn't even care about fighting in this situation as you know he has one goal and its to save his brother, he is speeding up, but did Ko'ed some Captains on the way, like the part when Admiral Lightning, sent captains to fight luffy, he did hit some of them and knocked them off, luffy's strength is compared in my opinion the strength average of a Shibukai, and this does say he can kill some vice admirals, but what I don't understand is how does vice admirals have haki? it's the king's will and not anyone has it, only Shanks, whitebeard, Luffy, Boahancock, and another one which I forgot.

This post was edited by TupacAshakur on Nov 7 2010 01:49pm
Nov 7 2010 01:50pm
Quote (TupacAshakur @ Nov 7 2010 12:48pm)
Let's first clarify about Marineford, Luffy doesn't even care about fighting in this situation as you know he has one goal and its to save his brother, he is speeding up, but did Ko'ed some Captains on the way, like the part when Admiral Lightning, sent captains to find luffy, he did hit some of them and knocked them off, luffy's strength is compared in my opinion the strength average of a Shibukai, and this does say he can kill some vice admirals, but what I don't understand is how does vice admirals have haki? it's the king's will and not anyone has it, only Shanks, whitebeard, Luffy, Boahancock, and another one which I forgot.

there's 3 types of haki, including mantra(sky island)

one strengthens your defense and offense,

one gives you an increased perceptive skills

and the last one is rare, which can overpower other people and knock them out
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev16465666768376Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll