d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1576577578579580753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 2.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 3 2014 11:26am
sanji will die

someone will replace sanji
Gold: 2.62
Mar 3 2014 11:43am
Quote (JiuJitsu @ 3 Mar 2014 19:26)
sanji will die

someone will replace sanji

Nah theres no going back after something like that

for last death they had to take 3 year break to get their shit together, they cant just be like "oops Sanji died lol now we need new cook guys lets go!"

i was thinking maybe merchant role for someone but i guess thats already Nami
Gold: 160.14
Mar 3 2014 11:54am
Usopp and Robin being part of the crew mean that any potential new member doesn't have to fill a specific niche.

Call me crazy here, but I'd love for Vivi to make a comeback and join the Straw Hats.

Gold: 8,304.76
Mar 3 2014 01:47pm
Quote (Cruzader @ Mar 3 2014 11:54am)
Usopp and Robin being part of the crew mean that any potential new member doesn't have to fill a specific niche.

Call me crazy here, but I'd love for Vivi to make a comeback and join the Straw Hats.

Having a sniper seems to be pretty important for one piece pirates

shanks has one
blackbeard has one
and straw hat has one

probably more but I don't know for sure

and robin is needed for the polygraphs ( think I spelt that right) which are going to be an important part of the story im sure.

but I agree that the next memeber wouldn't need to fit a certain niche. jimbie is going to be a fishman ( which as far as I know would be the first fishman to be on a almost fully *human* ship)

but I do hope that the bartemallo ( again probably misspelt) joins the crew since he has a very unique personallity that is not nearly as flat and boring as rebecca but considering he's a captian himself and they havn't told his tragic backstory means he probably won't...since all the straw hat pirates got their sad stories told before they joined.

If a girl joins the straw hats though it NEEDS to be a strong girl which in one piece seems to lacking obviously robin and nami have gotten stronger but neither are haki fighters and in the new world that kind of power is pretty much needed to hold your own against some of the big name pirates

This post was edited by Ensane on Mar 3 2014 01:49pm
Gold: 20.00
Mar 3 2014 01:58pm
Quote (Ensane @ Mar 3 2014 02:47pm)

shanks has one
blackbeard has one
and straw hat has one

and robin is needed for the polygraphs ( think I spelt that right) which are going to be an important part of the story im sure.

but I agree that the next memeber wouldn't need to fit a certain niche. jimbie is going to be a fishman ( which as far as I know would be the first fishman to be on a almost fully *human* ship)

but I do hope that the bartemallo ( again probably misspelt) joins the crew since he has a very unique personallity that is not nearly as flat and boring as rebecca but considering he's a captian himself and they havn't told his tragic backstory means he probably won't...since all the straw hat pirates got their sad stories told before they joined.

If a girl joins the straw hats though it NEEDS to be a strong girl which in one piece seems to lacking obviously robin and nami have gotten stronger but neither are haki fighters and in the new world that kind of power is pretty much needed to hold your own against some of the big name pirates

for the most part, this.

As cool as a 3rd female member would be, it has to be someone who is STRONG. Remember, they are no longer in the typical grand line - they are in the NEW WORLD. The level of opponents here has pretty much become stream lined with real behemoths.

I personally liked bartolomeo because he had a unique ability, unique personality and the ability to fight strong opponents. Also, his ability would have great synergy with the group (he could protect the weaker members from big nasty shit).

Alas, as was stated above, you usually get backstory with new crew members. And there is always Jinbei who is basically a wild card at this point. I grow doubtful that he will ever join the crew ever since the fish island arc passed. That seemed to be the big chance for it to happen.

This arc has hardly begun though, so we should just wait and see what happens for now.

We need a little more 'evidence' or some kind of bone thrown to see what direction we are going in.

I still can't figure out what the next arc will be, how sabo plays into this, who gets the mera mera, why is burgess here and what does that mean, big mom being at the port etc.

In fact, this arc might wind up being a lot bigger than we think.
Gold: 4,230.00
Mar 3 2014 02:36pm

Quote (Eep @ Mar 3 2014 08:58pm)

I still can't figure out what the next arc will be, how sabo plays into this, who gets the mera mera, why is burgess here and what does that mean, big mom being at the port etc.

I'm pretty sure Burgess is there to simply get the Devil fruit, since that is what the Blackbeard's have been doing as of late.
Gold: 2,087.31
Mar 3 2014 04:00pm
Quote (unlucky_child @ Mar 3 2014 08:50am)
or maybe that toyman will join? I strongly believe that

he won't be a toy anymore if they knock sugar out brah
Gold: 2,087.31
Mar 3 2014 04:03pm
Quote (Ensane @ Mar 3 2014 03:47pm)

shanks has one
blackbeard has one
and straw hat has one

poneglyph's, unless someone knocked someone up and there's a dispute now.... which would solve the next crew member crisis as well
Gold: 20.00
Mar 3 2014 09:45pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Mar 3 2014 03:36pm)
I'm pretty sure Burgess is there to simply get the Devil fruit, since that is what the Blackbeard's have been doing as of late.

I suppose.
Gold: 160.14
Mar 4 2014 09:51am
Quote (Ensane @ Mar 3 2014 12:47pm)

shanks has one
blackbeard has one
and straw hat has one

Well, I meant "not specific" more in a sense that Luffy doesn't have to say "I want an X kind of nakama!" or fill a "vacant" role in the ship. Obviously having a sharpshooter and an archaeologist on board wasn't on the books for him.

I don't know about Bartolomeo (I probably misspelled it, too!). His power is pretty cool but at this point, he doesn't really strike me as much more than a male Hancock. His act could wear thin pretty quickly.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1576577578579580753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll