d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1477478479480481753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 113,270.08
Nov 28 2012 03:10pm
Quote (MelsonX @ 21 Nov 2012 00:45)
I'm  still worrying about the vision of how luffy is going to destroy fishman island.
Is it confirmed that something ''luffy miraculously change the fate?'

its just that the author wanted a backdoor for later
Gold: 20.00
Nov 28 2012 03:24pm
there is no going back to fishman

One piece moves in a linear fashion.

The prediction she had was wrong because it was Hodi and his pirates who destroyed the island and luffy just happened to be there.

What she saw essentially came true, it is just the context was wrong.
Gold: 19,036.15
Nov 28 2012 05:00pm
i liked what law suggested there and the way he pissed on donflamingo... i feel sorry for vergo , he isnt dead but its lovely to see law can cut even one of the stronger armament users out there.. lol , he actualy cut the island in two )
Gold: 0.00
Nov 28 2012 06:04pm
Law for pirate king?
Gold: 1,000.69
Dec 1 2012 01:30pm
holy balls

LAW IS FUCKING BADASS

DAYUM
Dec 1 2012 01:34pm
Quote (Eep @ Nov 28 2012 04:24pm)
there is no going back to fishman

One piece moves in a linear fashion.

The prediction she had was wrong because it was Hodi and his pirates who destroyed the island and luffy just happened to be there.

What she saw essentially came true, it is just the context was wrong.

i wouldn't say one piece moves in a linear fashion

everything seems to be connected

each island provides something that i expect to be explained in a bigger picture

poneglyphs

history of ppl such as roger who were at certain islands

etc. etc.

there's significance in every little detail, which is why i fucking love this manga. #1 manga in my book hands down

it has a good balance of humor, advernture, and just plain badass mofo moments that leaves a goosebump down my spines

way better than bleach and naruto for sure in terms of how the story progresses and unfolds

This post was edited by Firaga on Dec 1 2012 01:35pm
Gold: 52,098.00
Dec 1 2012 07:28pm
Quote (Firaga @ Dec 1 2012 12:34pm)

each island provides something that i expect to be explained in a bigger picture

poneglyphs

etc. etc.

there's significance in every little detail, which is why i fucking love this manga. #1 manga in my book hands down

it has a good balance of humor, advernture, and just plain badass mofo moments that leaves a goosebump down my spines

way better than bleach and naruto for sure in terms of how the story progresses and unfolds

this.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 2 2012 07:45pm
Quote (Firaga @ Dec 1 2012 02:34pm)

poneglyphs

etc. etc.

rofl you provide no evidence that it does not move in a linear fashion

all u did was pretty much say " i disagree and i think OP is better then naurto and bleach "
Dec 2 2012 11:43pm
Quote (TotallyDelicious @ Dec 2 2012 08:45pm)
rofl  you provide no evidence that it does not move in a linear fashion

all u did  was pretty much say " i disagree and i think OP is better then naurto and bleach "

either ur stupid or u have been reading the wrong manga. i'd go with the first one tho

let's see

laboon introduced in the beginning of grand line

brooke in episode like 400 and he's connected to laboon

the guy of the twin capes in the beginning of the grand line

in like episode 450+ where they meet rayleigh and ray and the guy from twin capes were nakama at one point

let's see....

arlong and hachi before grandline even started

connected to fishman island and the history of fishman island regarding fisher tiger. and why arlong was so pissed at the human race

and an in depth history of the relationship between human and fishman

let's see.... as u can see i can go on for hours and hours

the appearance of dragon before the grand line where he saved luffy from smoker

wayyyy later it's explained that dragon is luffy's father

bartholomew kuma.... introduced in thriller bark

when luffy meets up with invankov when he tries to save ace

it is seen that kuma is actually ivankov's nakama and he actually works for dragon, luffy's father

let's see.....

oh can't forget the fact that franky's master was actually connected to gol d roger, cuz he made the ship for them. another connection

also let's see.... oh can't forget that clover, from robin's hometown, traveled with gol d roger looking for poneglyphs

wayyyy before robin even started learning to read them

gol d roger's inscription at sky island right by the poneglyph on the huge golden bell

gol d roger's visit and acquaintance with the 'god' of sky island

shanks, who is luffy's idol, was actually part of gol d roger pirate crew, and is now effectively one of the yonkous

buggy, introduced in the very beginning, was part of roger's crew too, and once a nakama of shanks

he also appears again at impel down

mr. 2, who appeared in arabasta, appears again in impel down. and he's the same 'newkama' race as ivankov, which leads to another connection and is what helped luffy out in impel down

not to mention that ivankov also works for dragon

also when we first meet shakki, we didn't know she was a pirate. but later we find out that she was one, and luffy's grandfather was chasing her during her pirate times.

She briefly mentions this fact

also the story behind smoker, he was on site when gol d roger died.

somehow that affected his mindset and became a marine with a strong sense of justice.

not all of the details of what happened in his life is revealed to us yet, but it is the core reason why he pursues the strawhat crew, becuz he senses the resemblance

oh and also, law mentions that he used to work for the shichibukai doflamingo

another connection, and prolly a history that will be revealed to us later about what kind of man doflamingo is

there's also the connection of kuma to the scientist vegapunk

vegapunk did some experiments on kuma

he also developed ways to have objects eat devil fruits, as seen in enies lobby ANOTHER GREAT CONNECTION

franky did lots of training at vegapunk's lab where he completely altered his appearance and weapons, getting stronger

coby, who was introduced in the VERY FIRST CHAPTERS of the manga, appears again as a marine recruit and gets training from LUFFY'S GRANDFATHER

i can only expect that he will become uber strong too later

helmeppo appears again as a good guy, but he was a villain when luffy tried to rescue zoro. but he appears again

hawkeyes and zoro, another great connection. fight at sanji's home, and hawkeyes appears again against luffy at the marine HQ and even later on, ultimately decides to train zoro to become uber strong

one piece is not a linear fashion.

old characters keep coming back and keep being involved in the story, which is why it's such a beautiful story and an awesome manga

also if you meant by linear that they just travel from island to island, that is also utterly wrong

when kuma separated the crew, the story took a wild turn

there was a whole arc in between the separation of the crew and the reunion of it, namely the arc of impel down and marine HQ

lmk if that clears it up for u

if not, then i can post more proof but u shud consider urselfmentally challenged

This post was edited by Firaga on Dec 2 2012 11:59pm
Gold: 454.01
Dec 2 2012 11:59pm

I

don't

understand

this

form

of

English

structure
Go Back To Anime Topic List