d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1463464465466467753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.21
Aug 30 2012 04:56pm
Quote (TotallyDelicious @ Aug 30 2012 04:49pm)
go re read or watch the bit about sabo sailing out to sea and getting blown up then watch the part about dragon coming into port

this.
Dragon's crew was shocked at the damage Sabo (he was in Dragon's arms) took from the cannon the Celestial Dragons shot at him
I highly doubt that even if it was Dragon that got injured, there was even a strong enough opponent there to do the damage that could cause shock to the whole crew.
Gold: 58,120.00
Aug 30 2012 08:58pm
Quote (TotallyDelicious @ Aug 30 2012 05:38pm)
databooks are cannon but they have been known to be wrong several times,

its obvious sabo was saved by dragon 

i was trolling saying sabo - kaido  just cause i was pissed at the  way its implied  obito = tobi  <-- thats a plot development that absolutely does not make sense  ,,  just like sabo = kaido does not make sense 

im pretty convinced sabo joined the REV army and is  attempting to find luffy in his leisure time but the responsibilities of the REV army take priority  i would assume sabo has moved up the ranks and has quite a lot of men under his command  sabo has seen first hand the evil of " justice"  by the nobles with the fire and what not

it doesnt make sense hrm but the authors explanation isnt even out yet? why not wait and then critique with actual facts?

also i would say i doubt the databooks being wrong but being correct at the time of publication so they dont affect the stories/arcs to come

This post was edited by Charity on Aug 30 2012 08:59pm
Gold: 2.62
Aug 31 2012 09:16am
Quote (lyzerggg @ 31 Aug 2012 01:56)
this.
Dragon's crew was shocked at the damage Sabo (he was in Dragon's arms) took from the cannon the Celestial Dragons shot at him
I highly doubt that even if it was Dragon that got injured, there was even a strong enough opponent there to do the damage that could cause shock to the whole crew.

Home island of zoro, no sabo shown anywhere - he was shot at the swimming distance from goa island, how would of he ended up there?

only factor bringing small ray of hope to your theory is the fact that somebody needed medical attention, but for all you know it could have been dragon himself..or.. well anyone in the crew

then theres the fact that sabo(assuming he was alive at the time) never revealed himself to the two of them even after they became well known and even wanted pirates, and never showed up when world announced his sworn brother dead

i rest my case, sabo is dead
Gold: 0.00
Aug 31 2012 02:19pm
Quote (Pavise @ Aug 31 2012 10:16am)
http://i33.mangareader.net/one-piece/589/one-piece-2423177.jpg

Home island of zoro, no sabo shown anywhere - he was shot at the swimming distance from goa island, how would of he ended up there?

only factor bringing small ray of hope to your theory is the fact that somebody needed medical attention, but for all you know it could have been dragon himself..or.. well anyone in the crew

then theres the fact that sabo(assuming he was alive at the time) never revealed himself to the two of them even after they became well known and even wanted pirates, and never showed up when world announced his sworn brother dead

out of the 3 sabo, ace, luffy

Sabo has the most will to abandon his dream of being a great pirate, for the greater good, Sabo has seen first hand what the nobles and world goverments view of "justice" he witness first hand the cruelty of his family and his peers of his social status, they were all happy that a fire was going to burn and kill the poor part of town,

Sabo could of easily been recused by dragons crew then recovering started talking to the members of dragons group about the REV Army's goals, and there view of how unjust the world government is Sabo with his first hand knowlege could of easily been temped to join them to make real change in the world,

Then sabos responsibilities in the REV army could of been to great for him to simply just sail off into the grand line for ace or to try and meet luffy, Dragon and his army took advantage of the world governments war with white beard and liberated several countries in the west blue. they were busy

i would assume sabo rose in the ranks of the REV army pretty quickly and has many men under his command, You saw how committed ace became to his crew and captain, Who's to say Sabo could not of done the same for his nakama ? and put the needs of his goals and friends above that of ace

This post was edited by TotallyDelicious on Aug 31 2012 02:21pm
Gold: 3,933.00
Aug 31 2012 05:15pm
Quote (Pavise @ Aug 31 2012 11:16am)
http://i33.mangareader.net/one-piece/589/one-piece-2423177.jpg

I think the point TotallyDelicious, lyzerggg and others are trying to make is that Oda has left enough room for the possibility that Sabo may be alive, not that he definitely is alive.

For the most part, i'd say i could agree with Pavise. It's just the minor details and conclusion where i differ.

Addressing the Goa Kingdom and Zoro's hometown issue.

Yes he was shot at swimming distance from Goa Kingdom but what happens in between is left to our imagination. Who knows? Maybe Goa Kingdom is right next to Zoro's hometown. Highly unlikely? Yes. Possible? Until we see a map distinguishing the distance from Goa to Zoro's hometown, we don't know.
Maybe Dragon has already taken Sabo in at this point and his bandages has fallen off. The amount of possible explanations i could give could probably take a day to write in.

Again, i agree with you that the person needing medical attention could have been anyone. Literally anyone.
We saw all the stranded members of Gray Terminal being recruited into Dragon's Army. Its possible that someone needed medical attention. We don't know and never see directly an escapee get severely injured but what we do know is that Sabo, at the same island was critically injured.

However, it strikes me as strange that Oda would write in this slide for no reason. Usually, it's vague slides like these that creates the segue into some real deep plot twists. If this slide was made because some random member of the Revolutionary Army was requiring medical attention, why even bother to write in the slide?

Again, i'm not saying that this is conclusive evidence for Sabo being alive, just enough breathing room for speculation.

I also agree that if Sabo were alive, he would have definitely been there at Ace's execution. The problem is that we don't know what happened.

As i've stated in a previous post, who knows what happened? Sabo may be suffering from memory loss from the blast. Maybe he's fighting for his own life somewhere else. Who knows?

I think it's important to remember the reality of One Piece, and it's that anything can happen. You have Zoro's childhood sparring partner die from tripping over a staircase after besting him in how many duels?

Oda can do what he wants. For now Sabo is presumed dead. Is it possible that he could be alive? Yes.

Gold: 0.00
Sep 1 2012 07:30pm
Gold: 3,933.00
Sep 3 2012 09:40pm
Dude, that gif is awesome. Did you make that? :P
Gold: 20.00
Sep 3 2012 11:58pm
Assuming people are dead in one piece is a retarded idea. Need I remind any of you kids about the sand arc or sky arc.
Gold: 3,480.85
Sep 4 2012 07:34pm
Quote (Eep @ 4 Sep 2012 01:58)
Assuming people are dead in one piece is a retarded idea. Need I remind any of you kids about the sand arc or sky arc.

Heh, the way Hordy talked about Arlong.. He seemed dead enough to me lol.
Gold: 52,098.00
Sep 4 2012 07:54pm
Quote (Eep @ Sep 3 2012 10:58pm)

or in romance dawn when Lucky Roo (the fat dude in shanks crew) shot that bandit point blank in the head for pulling a gun on shanks. that fool is dead.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1463464465466467753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll