d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1404405406407408753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,463.00
Dec 27 2011 07:04pm
holy shit long paragraphs.

Why is the world government even being mentioned in relation to any Turfs belonging to pirates?

A Turf is something that a pirate stakes claim to in order to prevent other pirates and illegitimate forces from attacking. They do it because the WG doesn't have enough influence in that area to protect it, or the country doesnt wish to be part of the WG.
They do it because they care about the people, or are getting something in return for their protection.

How is this being argued?
Gold: 85.16
Dec 27 2011 07:11pm
Quote (shsheik @ 28 Dec 2011 13:04)
holy shit long paragraphs.

Why is the world government even being mentioned in relation to any Turfs belonging to pirates?

A Turf is something that a pirate stakes claim to in order to prevent other pirates and illegitimate forces from attacking.  They do it because the WG doesn't have enough influence in that area to protect it, or the country doesnt wish to be part of the WG.
They do it because they care about the people, or are getting something in return for their protection.

How is this being argued?

Because with the Fishman belonging to Luffy and the WG hears about the Posiedon in Fishman.
Akainu would want to lure Luffy and hopefully capture/kill Luffy.
WG wants to possess Posiedon.

I'm just thinking how Akainu would react when he hears that Luffy is alive and is already claiming turf.
Gold: 4,230.00
Dec 27 2011 07:18pm
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Dec 27 2011 07:11pm)
Because with the Fishman belonging to Luffy and the WG hears about the Posiedon in Fishman.

I'm just thinking how Akainu would react when he hears that Luffy is alive and is already claiming turf.

Why do you think the WG wants to possess Poseidon? They haven't shown much interest in the Ancient Weapons. Besides it has been hinted that the Gourosei know what happened in the Void Century. If anything they already know about Poseidon (although they probably don't know that the power has already been reborn)
Dec 27 2011 07:28pm
Quote (kasey21 @ 28 Dec 2011 13:18)
Why do you think the WG wants to possess Poseidon? They haven't shown much interest in the Ancient Weapons. Besides it has been hinted that the Gourosei know what happened in the Void Century. If anything they already know about Poseidon (although they probably don't know that the power has already been reborn)

Getting rid of Posiedon - less help for Joy Boy, if he ever comes back.
Gold: 22.21
Dec 27 2011 08:16pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Dec 27 2011 08:18pm)

they want to get rid of anything that links to the void century.
or anything that will reveals what happened then.
Dec 27 2011 08:28pm
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Dec 27 2011 09:11pm)

So, you think they'd react more to trying to catch Luffy than when a World Noble was nearly killed? - remember the otohime flashback stuff.

And with all the rookies from 2 years back now more powerful, with Kidd even fighting with Big Mam, which shows extreme strength, you think that the WG would send a force to a single island that a pirate who hasnt been heard from in 2 years wants to protect? An island where only 30% of ships make it? They'd risk losing 70% of the force they send to have them fight out in the water, where the DF users die? All at a place that would 100% support Luffy and whatever allies he has?

Jimbei wouldn't let them take the island, just as a smaller side detail. How hard would it be for him to swim out and destroy the bubbles/ships even if they manage to get close to the island? He can shoot a jet of water towards a ship powerful enough to go through the bubble. Fill bubble with water = death.

There is nothing that makes sense for the WG/marines to go after the island just to catch a single pirate.

And as a side note, they know his dad, know he's got the respect of the WBs, and has a history with shanks.

Totally worth the risk, right?

This post was edited by shsheik on Dec 27 2011 08:28pm
Dec 27 2011 09:01pm
Quote (shsheik @ 28 Dec 2011 14:28)
So, you think they'd react more to trying to catch Luffy than when a World Noble was nearly killed? - remember the otohime flashback stuff.

And with all the rookies from 2 years back now more powerful, with Kidd even fighting with Big Mam, which shows extreme strength, you think that the WG would send a force to a single island that a pirate who hasnt been heard from in 2 years wants to protect?  An island where only 30% of ships make it? They'd risk losing 70% of the force they send to have them fight out in the water, where the DF users die?  All at a place that would 100% support Luffy and whatever allies he has?

Jimbei wouldn't let them take the island, just as a smaller side detail.  How hard would it be for him to swim out and destroy the bubbles/ships even if they manage to get close to the island?  He can shoot a jet of water towards a ship powerful enough to go through the bubble.  Fill bubble with water = death.

There is nothing that makes sense for the WG/marines to go after the island just to catch a single pirate.

And as a side note, they know his dad, know he's got the respect of the WBs, and has a history with shanks.

Totally worth the risk, right?

Oh right because the Marines would just send all it's army to Fishman.
I already pointed out that they can also use deception.
All this is me saying it is a bad idea to take away the Fishman Island from Big Mom's protection because Liffy doesn't have the man power to protect it against WG, slave hunters and other pirates.
Gold: 4,230.00
Dec 27 2011 09:13pm
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Dec 27 2011 09:01pm)
All this is me saying it is a bad idea to take away the Fishman Island from Big Mom's protection because Liffy doesn't have the man power to protect it against WG, slave hunters and other pirates.

This is the part i don't get. If Luffy beats Big Mam that means he has the power. It isn't Big Mam's men who protect the island, it is Big Mam's name. Anyone who isn't afraid of that and attacks anyways doesn't make Big Mam's crew to come get them It makes Big Mam herself come. Something like that doesn't require a lot of people. It only requires someone with an infamous name.
Dec 27 2011 09:59pm
Quote (kasey21 @ 28 Dec 2011 15:13)
This is the part i don't get. If Luffy beats Big Mam that means he has the power. It isn't Big Mam's men who protect the island, it is Big Mam's name. Anyone who isn't afraid of that and attacks anyways doesn't make Big Mam's crew to come get them It makes Big Mam herself come. Something like that doesn't require a lot of people. It only requires someone with an infamous name.

Exactly and Luffy's name isn't really what other pirates would cower from and definitely not the WG.
Dec 27 2011 10:00pm
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Dec 27 2011 11:01pm)

where did i say they send their entire force? i said they would lose 70% of what they send. that NEVER makes sense to anger a single person.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1404405406407408753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll