d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1403404405406407753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 85.16
Dec 27 2011 12:34am
Quote (kasey21 @ 27 Dec 2011 18:17)
you just aren't making no sense.

The citizens of a country being protected by a yonkou is not the enemy of the WG. the whole world knows this. They are just one of the many countries that aren't part of the WG. Mainly due to the fact that the WG's influence doesn't amount to much in the New World. So what does seizing an island mean to you? They can't just go in there and hold all the citizens hostage. lol. The only thing they can do is offer the island a chance to be part of the WG and then they would have the Navy for protection. But then what? how would that make Luffy come? They would have to attack the island to make Luffy come which they can't do without legitimate cause. They aren't going to attack and island to draw in 1 person.. lol

e/ also I don't think Luffy can call fishman island his territory until he defeats big mam. but even if that isn't the case I don't think it will matter. his name is at least known enough to protect Fishman Island as only rookies from the Grand Line will come visit it :P

Wow clearly you haven't been reading my posts.
My first post was it's a bad idea for Luffy to take the Fishman Island away from Big Mom.
What part of my posts ever said that the WG will sieze the Fishman under Big Mom?
My posts clearly indicates that only when Luffy has a turf that the Navy will sieze it.

Yes they will attack an Island that is under Luffy. Why? Luffy has the Kings Haki, he's the son of Dragon, has the potential of actually becoming a bigger threat in the future. Use your brain will you.

Read the while damn context next time. For me, you are the one that is not making sense because you're trying to argue at something that Wasn't part of my posts.

This post was edited by slinpy_hoe on Dec 27 2011 12:38am
Gold: 22.21
Dec 27 2011 12:43am
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Dec 26 2011 09:11pm)
You guys are missing the point.
Doesn't matter if Luffy has any allies or he's the apprentice of the Dark Knight.
If he owns a turf but leaves it to go on adventure, the Navy will seize it because it's the only way to get Luffy's attention and also hopefully capture him when he tries to take it back.
I don't know how many Admirals there is after Aokiji left but if all the Admirals takes on Luffy crew, it will be a suicide for the Strawhats.
And it's the more reason for the Navy to take Fishman if they find out about Posiedon. The Princess still doesn't have full control of her power.
I'm not talking about the small shots in the Navy here. I'm talking about the Big shot Haki users, those with more experience in combat.
And even if the Navy leaves Fishman before a war from Luffy and his Allies starts. I gaurantee they've already taken the Posiedon/Princess in a secret location.

wg leaves to fishman island.
wg loses against poseidon
wg brings admiral to fishman island
wg loses an admiral to defend it's turf
can roam the world more freely with an admiral occupied = new world pirates > undefended turf that has minus 1 admiral
wg = QQ

EDIT: saying admiral coz i believe admirals are the only ones with the power to take control of an island vs poseidon

This post was edited by lyzerggg on Dec 27 2011 01:02am
Dec 27 2011 01:00am
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Dec 27 2011 01:34am)
My first post was it's a bad idea for Luffy to take the Fishman Island away from Big Mom.
What part of my posts ever said that the WG will sieze the Fishman under Big Mom?
My posts clearly indicates that only when Luffy has a turf that the Navy will sieze it.

Yes they will attack an Island that is under Luffy. Why? Luffy has the Kings Haki, he's the son of Dragon, has the potential of actually becoming a bigger threat in the future. Use your brain will you.

Read the while damn context next time. For me, you are the one that is not making sense because you're trying to argue at something that Wasn't part of my posts.

yes Luffy is a big threat in the future, which is now 2 years later (i'm not waiting on more arcs about how they get need to get even stronger even with the 2 years of training.. this isn't Naruto)
if you're implying that the navy should be taking out the strong ones first why not the emperors? oh wait they're fucking strong and shouldn't be reckon with.
i say, Luffy is just a big of a threat as the emperors and probably as strong as some of the emperors, which i wouldn't doubt since he just did declare war with one of them
i'm also pretty sure Luffy is well aware of his power vs. Emperor's power
even though it may seem like it's embedded in Luffy's character that he's crazy.
he does know when to flee when a stronger enemy is upon them, like when his crew first encountered PX, Kizaru, Kuma at Archipelago
and i'm also gonna pull out this training with Rayleigh thing again
Rayleigh trained Luffy in preparation for the New World, which consists of strong people like the Emperors. so ultimately prepared Luffy to fight on par with the emperors
i wouldn't doubt the powers shown during Fishmen arc was just a little sample from each member (which we all would assume)

This post was edited by lyzerggg on Dec 27 2011 01:13am
Dec 27 2011 01:52am
Quote (lyzerggg @ 27 Dec 2011 19:00)
yes Luffy is a big threat in the future, which is now 2 years later (i'm not waiting on more arcs about how they get need to get evenstronger even with the 2 years of training.. this isn't Naruto)
if you're implying that the navy should be taking out the strong ones first why not the emperors? oh wait they're fucking strong and shouldn't be reckon with.
i say, Luffy is just a big of a threat as the emperors and probably as strong as some of the emperors, which i wouldn't doubt since he just did declare war with one of them
i'm also pretty sure Luffy is well aware of his power vs. Emperor's power
even though it may seem like it's embedded in Luffy's character that he's crazy.
he does know when to flee when a stronger enemy is upon them, like when his crew first encountered PX, Kizaru, Kuma at Archipelago
and i'm also gonna pull out this training with Rayleigh thing again
Rayleigh trained Luffy in preparation for the New World, which consists of strong people like the Emperors. so ultimately prepared Luffy to fight on par with the emperors
i wouldn't doubt the powers shown during Fishmen arc was just a little sample from each member (which we all would assume)

You actually think that everyone else sat on there ass and get fat waiting for Luffy? I for one think that Shank and the other Yonku can ROFLSTOMP the Strawhats without breaking a sweat.
You also think that the Princess/Posiedon would openly fight and be able to use her powers to defend the Fishman?
Think about it. WG comes and "visits" Fishman Island, Royal family welcomes them and guess what happens next?puts te whole Island hostage and tells the Princess to not to use her her powers or they'll going to kill everyone and tell er to come with them if she wants the Island free. Guess what the Princess will do? And all this can be done without their protectors knowing about it.
Also for all we know, the WG in the New World is on a different level than the ones on the other side of the Grandline. Knowing Akainu, he would only have the most ruthless of all the Navy to go on the New World.

This post was edited by slinpy_hoe on Dec 27 2011 01:52am
Gold: 201,810.77
Dec 27 2011 01:59am
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Dec 27 2011 02:52am)
You actually think that everyone else sat on there ass and get fat waiting for Luffy? I for one think that Shank and the other Yonku can ROFLSTOMP the Strawhats without breaking a sweat.
You also think that the Princess/Posiedon would openly fight and be able to use her powers to defend the Fishman?
Think about it. WG comes and "visits" Fishman Island, Royal family welcomes them and guess what happens next?puts te whole Island hostage and tells the Princess to not to use her her powers or they'll going to kill everyone and tell er to come with them if she wants the Island free. Guess what the Princess will do? And all this can be done without their protectors knowing about it.
Also for all we know, the WG in the New World is on a different level than the ones on the other side of the Grandline. Knowing Akainu, he would only have the most ruthless of all the Navy to go on the New World.

Umm... since when does ANYONE minus the royal family, robin, and the swamp guy know who poseidon is?

I doubt ANY of them would tell the government...
Dec 27 2011 03:07am
Quote (joelmules @ 27 Dec 2011 19:59)
Umm... since when does ANYONE minus the royal family, robin, and the swamp guy know who poseidon is?

I doubt ANY of them would tell the government...

No, the idea of WG taking over Fishman came out when I said that Luffy saying that he will make Fishman his turf is a bad idea beause WG isn't afraid of Luffy, because IF they find out about Posiedon, they won't hesitate siezing Fishman from Luffy.
Gold: 4,230.00
Dec 27 2011 03:18am
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Dec 27 2011 12:34am)
1) My first post was it's a bad idea for Luffy to take the Fishman Island away from Big Mom.
2) What part of my posts ever said that the WG will sieze the Fishman under Big Mom?
3) My posts clearly indicates that only when Luffy has a turf that the Navy will sieze it.

4) Yes they will attack an Island that is under Luffy. Why? Luffy has the Kings Haki, he's the son of Dragon, has the potential of actually becoming a bigger threat in the future. Use your brain will you.

5) Read the while damn context next time. For me, you are the one that is not making sense because you're trying to argue at something that Wasn't part of my posts.

So ironic.

1) It's not a bad idea. It is a bad idea to think the Navy (which is the WG's army) will go to war with a country just to catch one pirate.
2) What part of mine did? You said they would seize the island if it ever came to under Luffy's protection. And i said they wouldn't. (which is just dumb. Unless you think the WG would go to war with random countries to catch a single pirate.)
3) my post cleary indicates that you are fucking idiot to think that.
4) Yet the yonkou are not a big enough of a threat for them to demolish a country to lure them. fail logic much?
5) I guess you don't understand what you yourself are writing.
Dec 27 2011 04:53am
Quote (kasey21 @ 27 Dec 2011 21:18)
So ironic.

1) It's not a bad idea. It is a bad idea to think the Navy (which is the WG's army) will go to war with a country just to catch one pirate.
2) What part of mine did? You said they would seize the island if it ever came to under Luffy's protection. And i said they wouldn't. (which is just dumb. Unless you think the WG would go to war with random countries to catch a single pirate.)
3) my post cleary indicates that you are fucking idiot to think that.
4) Yet the yonkou are not a big enough of a threat for them to demolish a country to lure them. fail logic much?
5) I guess you don't understand what you yourself are writing.

Oh wow. The yunko's was never had the ability to make everyone around them their allies. That is the threat I was talking about.
That is one of Luffy's greatest ability. To make everyone around him his allies. The admirals acknowledges this and see it as a threat that the Yunko's lack of.
Right now we haven't seen any of the WG in the New World, but knowing Akainu, who probably think of Luffy as the unfinished bussiness 2 years ago, yes he will make unescesarry war just to get Luffy.
Use your head, what would Akainu do judging how he acted against those who see as "traitors" from 2 years ago in The Marineford. He would do whatever it takes to kill Luffy. Even if it cost the WG alot lives.

This post was edited by slinpy_hoe on Dec 27 2011 04:55am
Dec 27 2011 04:07pm
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Dec 27 2011 02:52am)

i don't think the Royal Family will target an island that belongs to a man who doesn't give a fuck if they're royal or not.
or maybe you could be right, the Royal Family could also just be chasing the Strawhat crew just because of that one punch.
but this is 2 years later.
i agree with you that the most ruthless of all the Navy will go to the new world, but thats what the crew trained for.
you see the results when the crew fights the PX robots.
PX robots > most of New World Pirates as shown in the War of the Best
Luffy's second gear (without haki) one punch > PX robot
Luffy can tame beasts.
Sanji can kick mountains
Zoro can cleanly cut ships and Pacifista material
from what i've seen from the War of the best on the WG side, Luffy was on par with the some of the vice admirals. and this was when he's already fatigued and it's 1vs.Multiple enemies
also, ever since Whitebeard died and stated the One Piece does exist, pirates all over the world have been going crazy which you can then assume that the WG themselves are very occupied and have no time to train like Luffy's crew does
knowing that this is a good manga, the main character and his allies always seem to exponentially increase in power.
in other words, Strawhat crew + 2 years of specialized individual training >>>>> WG that's been occupied with the pirate rush (Grand line and New World)
and even if they WG does attack Fishman island. it's gonna start another Fishman arc again which would ruin the one piece's flow
which i'm pretty sure Oda wouldn't do to his fans or to himself. most of the arcs are completed (usually obtaining a piece of information) and the crew moves on, never a back track
take Sky Island for example. the SH crew goes there, receives information, beats Enel, moves on.
If tl;dr ----> WG won't attack Fishmen Island. If they do, it will be defended somehow

i also do not think that the WG has anything to do with the destruction of Fishman Island.
and if Fishman Island really does get destroyed (which could happen since the Oda made his fans thinking that Jimbei was going to join the SH crew but didn't. he might pull the same stunt with the island with Luffy claiming it then losing it),
all of this talk should be considered invalid. but hey this is Monkey D. Luffy, shit happens around him

also correct me if i'm wrong but, isn't the WG suppose to enforce peace? why would they attack a perfectly civilized environment (not to mention that it's underwater which would be hard to attack and defend once taken over)?
that would be defeating the purpose of being a Government (unless if you're gonna argue that the WG is just like a pirate crew but it's just so big that every civilian accepts it as "justice" and the "law",then i totally understand)
i thought pirates only claimed territories to scare hostile pirates away from the island from doing harm
like when Whitebeard died, all the other pirates started jumping on his previously owned turf.
why didn't the world government make a move on those territories?
Dec 27 2011 06:59pm
I'm not goin to qoute you cause that is too freaking long.

Yes the Strawhats have improved and yes it is for the good. But from what we have seen so far from the Marines/WG it was only a couple of PX's and that fat guy in the Archepelago. For all we know the message that the Strawhats is alive have already reach Akainu and he is already pomped up and probably have put Marines on certain exit points from the Fishman Island to the surface. I won't be surprise if they are weak, like always but it will be more interestig to see the Strawhats fighting on par with the Marines like the CP9 arc.

And for another Fishman Arc. No Oda can just keep the story going and pull the same stunt that Luffy did with his 3D2Y message. Using the newspapers.
And yes WG is supposed to enforce Peace but what about Robins home Island - The Demons in Ohara Island? And considering this is Fishman and again IF they find out about Posiedon, which is related to the blank history/prophecy, what do you think they will do? The Tenryuubito does not only owns Fishman's and Mermaids as slaves, they actually considers them as animal. It is the more reason they would want to attack it.
But this can only happen IF Luffy takes Fishman as his Turf and The Marines/WG hears about Posiedon.

And as for the WG not making a move to those new Pirates? How do you know they haven't.
Also remember, the Marines are more powerful and more alert than ever when Akainu became the fleet Admiral, I won't be surprise if he personally took care of them himself.
Just beause we didn't hear or read about them doesn't mean it can't/didn't happen. Oda's way of telling a story will always stay with the main storyline - Strawhats.
Any other sideline news isn't goin to matter much but he will gives us information about it using mostly the newspapers or characters telling the Strawhats, like Jimbie did about the Admirals fighting each other.

Anyways my opinion about Luffy having the Fishman as his turf is BAD news.
Any mispelling and grammars is probably because I'm posting this with my smartphone :-/

This post was edited by slinpy_hoe on Dec 27 2011 07:03pm
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1403404405406407753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll