d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1374375376377378753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 22 2011 12:41pm
Quote (spark89 @ Sep 22 2011 11:49am)
im not quite sure if youve notice this..but garp kinda jumped outta nowhere and punched, while marco was only focusing on rescuing ace.

He wasnt expecting garp at all.
this sounds just as stupid as the ppl who say "haha kizaru > marco cuz he shot him with laser beams and marco fell down"  yea..when marco was shot from the back while some1 put seacuffs on him.

as for the whitebeard issue, he came to the war to die. no im not underestimating the marines, but u have to put into consideration, look at the number difference between the marine + allies vs Wb + allies.

just by looking u can tell it was really unbalanced and the marines still couldnt finish anything.  It was only cuz BB came out that WB was finished at the time.

He had no interest in living on since he knew the times were changing to a new era.  WB didnt die cuz the marines > him, its cuz it has to go along with the story line of luffy being the king.

its kinda like luffy vs croc in alabasta.  Any1 can see, Croc is stronger than luffy, hence he effortlessly beat him twice, but luffy had to win the 3rd one cuz hes the main character and cuz the stroy has to go on.

e/ i dont get ur point abut the shicibukai.  the only ones that were doing anything were doflamingo and mihawk. plz dont even mention morias name. and its not 7 members..cine croc, jimbei,boa wernt on the marines side to begin with.

didnt read rest because marko has Mantra haki

he should of been aware gaarp was coming

but in the end i still think Marco is a beast and one of the strongest characters in OP
Banned
Gold: 1,426.31
Warn: 70%
Sep 22 2011 01:37pm
Quote (Quidditch @ Sep 22 2011 10:41am)
didnt read rest because marko has Mantra haki

he should of been aware gaarp was coming

but in the end i still think Marco is a beast and one of the strongest characters in OP

yea good point, but this is just MY assumption. i dont think mantra works when ur focusing on something else.

it seems to be used in a 1on1 situation, like how enel used it against luffy while fighting.

cuz if he was able to use mantra, im sure he wouldve but as u can see marco got cuffed with seastone followed by kizarus attack from behind while he was focusing on something else.
Gold: 3.60
Sep 22 2011 01:42pm
marco is on par with admirals
Gold: 85.16
Sep 22 2011 02:01pm
Marco's Haki is Busoshoku Haki - armor and attack
Enel's Haki is Kenbunshoku Haki - six sense in the world around them

Marco couldn't sense Garp because he don't have the six sense Haki, but he's capable of kicking and sending 2 Admirals away.

It's not about 1on1 fight, it's about what Haki you have in your disposal.

Edit:
Mantra is Haki
There are three types of Mantra/Haki

Edit2:
my apologise Mantra is Kenbunshoku
They don't have a word for Haki in Skypiea, just like they don't have a word for rubber.

This post was edited by slinpy_hoe on Sep 22 2011 02:28pm
Banned
Sep 22 2011 02:19pm
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Sep 22 2011 12:01pm)
Marco's Haki is Busoshoku Haki - armor and attack
Enel's Haki is Kenbunshoku Haki - six sense in the world around them

Marco couldn't sense Garp because he don't have the six sense Haki, but he's capable of kicking and sending 2 Admirals away.

It's not about 1on1 fight, it's about what Haki you have in your disposal.

Edit:
Mantra is Haki
There are three types of Mantra/Haki

yea i know they are all haki. hokoushou haki: kings disposition (which few are born with)

bosushoukou like u said, armor around body and then mantra - 6th sense.

i thought they all had both hakis exept kings disposition.
but i thought u could train to use the 2 hakis
Sep 22 2011 02:25pm
Quote (spark89 @ 23 Sep 2011 08:19)
yea i know they are all haki. hokoushou haki: kings disposition (which few are born with)

bosushoukou like u said, armor around body and then mantra - 6th sense.

i thought they all had both hakis exept kings disposition.
but i thought u could train to use the 2 hakis

Yes you can train them, but not everyone have both Kenbunshoku and Bosushoukou at the same time.
It was stated that Marco only has or have only shown the Bosushoukou Haki.
If he do have both, then maybe his Kenbunshoku is not as powerful.

Edit: Kenbunshoku weakens when you lost your concentration.

This post was edited by slinpy_hoe on Sep 22 2011 02:38pm
Banned
Sep 22 2011 06:09pm
Quote (slinpy_hoe @ Sep 22 2011 12:25pm)
Yes you can train them, but not everyone have both Kenbunshoku and Bosushoukou at the same time.
It was stated that Marco only has or have only shown the Bosushoukou Haki.
If he do have both, then maybe his Kenbunshoku is not as powerful.

Edit: Kenbunshoku weakens when you lost your concentration.

yea true cuz i remember rayleigh telling luffy that every person is differnt in which haki they are better with.

but i thought that marco would at least know somewhat of mantra.

ppl say he doesnt just cuz he got hit, but just cuz u have mantra doesnt mean ull never be hit. or else every1 would just dodge each other.

like luffy vs snake sisters at first, they used mantra so he wasnt able to hit them at all, but after he geared up and fought to his best abilities, he was able to beat them.
Gold: 3,656.09
Sep 22 2011 06:30pm
No wonder the oracle lady said Luffy will destroy the fishman island
Luffy couldn't control his Emperor Haki completely so he accidentally landed it to the Homing guy.
But that's Luffy, just like in the Matrix. Expect the unexpected!
Sep 23 2011 02:57am
It was stated that Luffy have complete control with all the Haki's.
It is still to be confirmed if he's the only current Haki user that have complete control with all three.
The previous and supposedly only person in his era that had control with all three was the Pirate King.
Gold: 19,036.15
Sep 23 2011 03:06am
Quote (MelsonX @ 23 Sep 2011 01:30)
No wonder the oracle lady said Luffy will destroy the fishman island
Luffy couldn't control his Emperor Haki completely so he accidentally landed it to the Homing guy.
But that's Luffy, just like in the Matrix. Expect the unexpected!

they never said that luffy is going to destroy the island , they said a guy hearing a strawhat , if you didnt saw into the begining of the arc decken was using a strawhat
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1374375376377378753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll