d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1363364365366367753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.90
Aug 20 2011 09:32am
Quote (Magistick @ Aug 17 2011 05:07pm)
Enel is basically on par with the admirals.. he just had the wrong opponent, Haki + lightning, WTF dude that guy is just overpowered lol.

Enel had Mantra and a super-elite devil fruit, yes.

But what I feel makes him less of a threat than an admiral is his lack of physical fighting ability / prowess.

He's an average fighter placed in the role of an elite one.

Plus he can't take hits like a real fighter can, and if he loses his logia / mantra upper-hand then he panics and loses all concentration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoRJMMGsI50
Gold: 113,270.08
Aug 21 2011 01:17pm
Enel should be the biggest OP in OP

why? TELEPORT + Mantra = NO DMG!!!
He can deal some dmg with lightning or just using his tele skills -> Tele, hit, tele... anyone will be owned
Gold: 1,463.00
Aug 21 2011 02:46pm
you have to put in perspective what we thought were huge bounties at the time when oda stated that 500mil bounty.
i don't think oda thought that bounties were going to escalate this high, this quickly.
look at all the other bounties for the shichibukai.
some of the strongest pirates on the seas, and luffy has blown past them all.
I mean, almost all of the rookies had bounties that surpassed several of the shichibukai.
when oda gave that estimate, the highest we knew of was doflamingo at ~250mil (dont remember off the top of my head)
also, i believe that at the time he stated this, bounty WAS primarily used as a tool for how strong a character is
Gold: 113,270.08
Aug 21 2011 04:27pm
those bounties are just numbers which will show you powahs, its almost in all mangas. ammount of ki, levels of SSJ.

But its nonsense here in OP, coz there are many strong people, who didnt go against WG so they dont have bounties...

Gold: 3.95
Aug 21 2011 04:29pm
im luffy day one bounty 0

day 500 bounty 400+million

um ok so lets see if i do this for another 500days i should be king right?

This post was edited by trio0 on Aug 21 2011 04:29pm
Gold: 4,230.00
Aug 21 2011 05:29pm
Quote (shsheik @ Aug 21 2011 03:46pm)
you have to put in perspective what we thought were huge bounties at the time when oda stated that 500mil bounty.
i don't think oda thought that bounties were going to escalate this high, this quickly.
look at all the other bounties for the shichibukai.
some of the strongest pirates on the seas, and luffy has blown past them all.
I mean, almost all of the rookies had bounties that surpassed several of the shichibukai.
when oda gave that estimate, the highest we knew of was doflamingo at ~250mil (dont remember off the top of my head)
also, i believe that at the time he stated this, bounty WAS primarily used as a tool for how strong a character is

That's not true. Oda already had the ending planned out from the very beginning. In an interview in 2009 he said that the ending had not changed since the beginning, he is just working his way towards it. Which means he knows the ending bounty of Luffy.

Oda is just really good at hiding the strength of top people. This is where a lot of mangakas fail. They always end up putting a meeting of the strongest antagonist against the protagonist too early. Where it takes like 3-5 more power-ups before they are even on the same level. (Oda has only done that once with Zoro and Mihawk). however, with Luffy, we always thought him as really strong. It wasn't until EL that we noticed he was weak, and then he gets a power-up that arc. And we go back to think that he is strong. And then he runs into the Admirals. Now we know he is weak compared to the World powerhouses and the manga starts a set up of a time-skip with huge power-ups. So you have it backwards. Oda had it planned; Really high bounties were only foreign to us.

Also Doflamingo's bounty was 340,000,000. (I think. I know its >300,000,000)

Quote (undead_lord @ Aug 21 2011 05:27pm)
those bounties are just numbers which will show you powahs, its almost in all mangas. ammount of ki, levels of SSJ.

But its nonsense here in OP, coz there are many strong people, who didnt go against WG so they dont have bounties...

That's because your initial analysis is wrong. Bounties aren't numbers to show you strength. It doesn't work out like that. It is just the threat they have against the WG. Which is why Dragon's bounty is higher than WB. WB was the strongest person in the world, yet Dragon has the higher bounty.

This post was edited by kasey21 on Aug 21 2011 05:32pm
Banned
Gold: 1,426.31
Warn: 70%
Aug 21 2011 07:05pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Aug 19 2011 05:46pm)
That would be impossible. He wouldn't be able to touch him. lol. I do believe though it wasn't just the one thing that allowed him to win. If you took away all of Luffy's battle experience and say Enel was the first person he fought after leaving on his 17th birthday he would have lost.

But I also agree with the fact that Enel was stronger than Luffy WHEN they fought. The reason I say this is because of the advantage Luffy was given. In every other battle Luffy is usually in a huge disadvantage. ex. Crocodile in a dessert, Lucci in a huge military base, Moria when Moria has already taken his shadow. Luffy only gets advantages (usually) when he just can't win. (Nightmare Luffy was one of those). I believe right now (after time skip Luffy) Luffy is stronger than Enel even if he wasn't immune to his fruit. If Enel spent time on the Blue seas he would be a lot stronger than he was. But he is caved up away from society on the moon lol.

(I get mixed up between dessert and desert. Did i guess right and actually put the one that means the land of sand? Lol)

However, I do like the idea of Oda giving Luffy advantages when he is weaker than the opponent. At least we don't get the Fairy Tail scenario:

Luffy is losing horribly
He looks over to a crying nakama
Through the power of friendship Luffy gets a huge power boost!!!

lol

haha ill tell u an easy way to remember "desert"(sand land lol)

it has one "s" since you dont want more than 1 desert.

Dessert(ice cream!) on the other hand, u want more than one, therefore 2x "s" :p
Banned
Aug 21 2011 07:09pm
Quote (undead_lord @ Aug 21 2011 11:17am)
Enel should be the biggest OP in OP

why? TELEPORT  + Mantra = NO DMG!!!
He can deal some dmg with lightning or just using his tele skills -> Tele, hit, tele... anyone will be owned

lol..thats so untrue.

an admiral like akainu will destory him.

mind you, they all mastered haki. (not sure about aokiji) they can detect enels movements too..

+ not sure if enel has busoshoko haki.

Banned
Aug 21 2011 07:20pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Aug 20 2011 02:53am)
i'd put enel over everyone we've seen so far besides garp/wb/bb

nightmare luffy is the strongest char we've seen in the series so far(besides FI arc, because we dont know how strong they are yet)

dam..i seriously dont get y every1 is overrating enel.

y is it that his ability alone is elite of an elite, when there are other logias just as destructive as his.

shanks,marco,hawkeye,akainu,sengoku are just some of the ones im thinking off the top of my head that wouldnt have TOO much trouble against enel.

Akainu for example, has mastered haki as well. The only haki enel knows is Kenbunshoku Haki, also known as Mantra in Skypiea(which allows you to read movements b4 they occur).

He wouldnt be able to hurt akainu, but akainu would be able to demolish him.

All of those who are saying stuff abuot enels bounty, Boutny doesnt always = fighting ability. its just how much threat they are to the world government as well.

For example, Blackbeard has a bounty of 0 lol..but we all know how strong he is, but the government didnt know him yet to label him. (im sure theres one on him now after all the incidents)
Gold: 2.62
Aug 22 2011 01:54pm
I dont really wanna take part in this discussion other than saying that Enels devils fruit is indeed one of the best that one could have(atleast ideally), i mean it clearly tops any those of known admirals had, just by attribute alone(thunder obvs. lightspeed etc!)

thats being said its also true that enels knowledge about "real world"(blue sea) is really poor and his overall fighting abilities were next to nothing..

in a "real battle" person with haki of observation like his could probably easily without any real real effort throw a kairoseki net over him( :rofl: ) and basically beat the crap out of him :rolleyes:

what im trying to say here is that altho i admit that by the time Luffy met him he could of been considered "strong" but as its now.. basically anyone from new world could probably beat him :blink:
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1363364365366367753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll