d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1362363364365366753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.60
Aug 19 2011 07:13pm
but the thing is if youre most powerful moves are nulled
whats the point of knowing ahead of time?

and enel using his abilities other ways to attack is obviously not using his power to its full potential

ill just ask you this
if luffy wasnt immune to lightning or didnt have any resistance to lightning
would he have won?
Gold: 4,230.00
Aug 19 2011 07:46pm
Quote (itzpookiie @ Aug 19 2011 08:13pm)
but the thing is if youre most powerful moves are nulled
whats the point of knowing ahead of time?

and enel using his abilities other ways to attack is obviously not using his power to its full potential

ill just ask you this
if luffy wasnt immune to lightning or didnt have any resistance to lightning
would he have won?

That would be impossible. He wouldn't be able to touch him. lol. I do believe though it wasn't just the one thing that allowed him to win. If you took away all of Luffy's battle experience and say Enel was the first person he fought after leaving on his 17th birthday he would have lost.

But I also agree with the fact that Enel was stronger than Luffy WHEN they fought. The reason I say this is because of the advantage Luffy was given. In every other battle Luffy is usually in a huge disadvantage. ex. Crocodile in a dessert, Lucci in a huge military base, Moria when Moria has already taken his shadow. Luffy only gets advantages (usually) when he just can't win. (Nightmare Luffy was one of those). I believe right now (after time skip Luffy) Luffy is stronger than Enel even if he wasn't immune to his fruit. If Enel spent time on the Blue seas he would be a lot stronger than he was. But he is caved up away from society on the moon lol.

(I get mixed up between dessert and desert. Did i guess right and actually put the one that means the land of sand? Lol)

However, I do like the idea of Oda giving Luffy advantages when he is weaker than the opponent. At least we don't get the Fairy Tail scenario:

Luffy is losing horribly
He looks over to a crying nakama
Through the power of friendship Luffy gets a huge power boost!!!

lol
Gold: 4.83
Aug 19 2011 07:58pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Aug 19 2011 08:46pm)
That would be impossible. He wouldn't be able to touch him. lol. I do believe though it wasn't just the one thing that allowed him to win. If you took away all of Luffy's battle experience and say Enel was the first person he fought after leaving on his 17th birthday he would have lost.

But I also agree with the fact that Enel was stronger than Luffy WHEN they fought. The reason I say this is because of the advantage Luffy was given. In every other battle Luffy is usually in a huge disadvantage. ex. Crocodile in a dessert, Lucci in a huge military base, Moria when Moria has already taken his shadow. Luffy only gets advantages (usually) when he just can't win. (Nightmare Luffy was one of those). I believe right now (after time skip Luffy) Luffy is stronger than Enel even if he wasn't immune to his fruit. If Enel spent time on the Blue seas he would be a lot stronger than he was. But he is caved up away from society on the moon lol.

(I get mixed up between dessert and desert. Did i guess right and actually put the one that means the land of sand? Lol)

However, I do like the idea of Oda giving Luffy advantages when he is weaker than the opponent. At least we don't get the Fairy Tail scenario:

Luffy is losing horribly
He looks over to a crying nakama
Through the power of friendship Luffy gets a huge power boost!!!

lol

Desert = sand =)
Gold: 3.60
Aug 19 2011 08:00pm
Quote (i_r_slayer @ Aug 20 2011 01:58am)
Desert = sand =)

dessert = sand also
Gold: 4,230.00
Aug 19 2011 08:20pm
Quote (i_r_slayer @ Aug 19 2011 08:58pm)
Desert = sand =)

Quote (itzpookiie @ Aug 19 2011 09:00pm)
dessert = sand also

that just made it confusing. lol.

*resorts to google*

I'm not sure what other dessert you are talking about but I was thinking of desert as dessert usually refers to the food (which is what I was confusing it with when it comes to spelling)
Gold: 4.83
Aug 19 2011 08:23pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Aug 19 2011 09:20pm)
that just made it confusing. lol.

*resorts to google*

I'm not sure what other dessert you are talking about but I was thinking of desert as dessert usually refers to the food (which is what I was confusing it with when it comes to spelling)

At the risk of more off-topic One Piece discussion...

I have never seen dessert used as sand.

Gold: 20.00
Aug 19 2011 10:26pm
I'm hungry now...
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 20 2011 03:56am
Quote (Eep @ Aug 19 2011 09:26pm)
I'm hungry now...

let's go eat some sand for dessert
Gold: 19,036.15
Aug 20 2011 04:28am
no matter how much u argue u cant match/ fix a true power for Enel ,we could say his pathetic being smashed by luffy in the 'yearly' part of the grand line chapters but the in other part we could just say it was a fruit to fruit problem.but the fact never changes , atm we cant compare enel power fight whit anyone cuz we didnt saw him fight anyone else than luffy, You can place him in top notch elites just because of his Logia , as his ego can go into the other part of ranking but then.... luffy is very very stupid and yet he did came till here. So you simply got no avaible as a fighter for enel to compare whit other names in big world.

ps>I would always bet enel over the aokiji simply cuz of the fruit to fruit combat, a 1231313 charge volt vs a iceman.. its simply unfair
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 20 2011 04:53am
Quote (napsterz0r @ Aug 20 2011 03:28am)
no matter how much u argue u cant match/ fix a true power for Enel ,we could say his pathetic being smashed by luffy in the 'yearly' part of the grand line chapters but the in other part we could just say it was a fruit to fruit problem.but the fact never changes , atm we cant compare enel power fight whit anyone cuz we didnt saw him fight anyone else than luffy, You can place him in top notch elites just because of his Logia , as his ego can go into the other part of ranking but then.... luffy is very very stupid and yet he did came till here. So you simply got no avaible as a fighter for enel to compare whit other names in big world.

ps>I would always bet enel over the aokiji simply cuz of the fruit to fruit combat, a 1231313 charge volt vs a iceman.. its simply unfair

i'd put enel over everyone we've seen so far besides garp/wb/bb

nightmare luffy is the strongest char we've seen in the series so far(besides FI arc, because we dont know how strong they are yet)
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1362363364365366753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll