d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1361362363364365753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,230.00
Aug 18 2011 12:56am
Quote (itzpookiie @ Aug 18 2011 12:04am)
i thought luffy won cause of his "immunity" to his electric/lightning based attacks
if luffy wasnt made of rubber, he wouldve died probably instantly as he got hit by a huge blast but nothing happened
then thats when luffy just started tanking them

I don't know what you are trying to get at. Luffy won because of his experience. Even after being immune to lightning based attacks he remained at a disadvantage. Try fighting a guy who knows what you are going to do before you do lol. It's not like being immune to lighting means an automatic win against Enel. lol. What determines who wins and who loses happens during a fight. Luffy didn't turn rubber in the middle of the fight. so it only caused a surprise in the beginning. However, that surprise was only good enough for 1-2 attack(s) and then he had to come up with something to get around CoO etc.

Quote (Eep @ Aug 18 2011 12:12am)
did you forget enels latent haki-like ability? If he used that on earth, he could be a scourge far more fearsome than any admiral, IMO

??? the CoO combined with this fruit? I don't see how that would put him on a more fearsome level than an admiral.

Or is there some other "haki-like" ability that I am missing?

Yes, Enel could snipe a specific person far away, however for someone who is strong enough to put of a fight against enel would be able to dodge that attack easily.
Banned
Gold: 1,426.31
Warn: 70%
Aug 18 2011 10:18am
y is every1 overrating enel? lol

dont get me wrong, hes very very strong, but like some1 mentioned earlier, he doesnt have as much fighting expericne as others. since all he ever did was pick on weak ppl while playing the "god" game.

For the ppl who keep saying luffy only won due to immunity, thats not ENTIRELY true. Luffy has had many fights and is much more experienced in a fighting situation.

Enel was still hurting luffy after he figured out his power didnt work on luffy, but it doesnt seem like Enel has as much heart as luffy does.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 4,498.85
Trader: Trusted
Aug 18 2011 10:44am
Ooh, Sanji can moon-walk now... And Robin can make very large body parts, haha...
Banned
Gold: 1,426.31
Warn: 70%
Aug 18 2011 02:16pm
Quote (Meltingice @ Aug 18 2011 08:44am)
Ooh, Sanji can moon-walk now... And Robin can make very large body parts, haha...

just waiting for 1day when she makes her ass lulz

jk -,-
Gold: 20.00
Aug 18 2011 02:17pm
Quote (Meltingice @ Aug 18 2011 11:44am)

welcome back
Aug 18 2011 02:22pm
Quote (spark89 @ Aug 18 2011 03:16pm)
just waiting for 1day when she makes her ass lulz

jk -,-

she just did. Lol..
Retired Moderator
Gold: 4,498.85
Trader: Trusted
Aug 18 2011 02:55pm
Quote (Eep @ 18 Aug 2011 13:17)
welcome back

Why thank you.
Gold: 3,480.85
Aug 18 2011 07:54pm
Quote (spark89 @ 17 Aug 2011 23:37)
he uses mantra. so? big deal?

the sister snakes used mantra on luffy, which is why luffy couldnt hit em at first, cuz they read his movements.

Not saying enel isnt weak, hes pretty strong. but u just seem to give him more credit than what he deserves IMO.

doesnt matter if he took luffy lightly from the start, since he quickly figured out a different tactic to vs luffy.

Yeah, his main ability is a DF which doesn't affect luffy, usually DF users are more concerned about the power they aquiered when they ate their fruit then anything else.
Gold: 3.60
Aug 19 2011 06:36pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Aug 18 2011 06:56am)
I don't know what you are trying to get at. Luffy won because of his experience. Even after being immune to lightning based attacks he remained at a disadvantage. Try fighting a guy who knows what you are going to do before you do lol. It's not like being immune to lighting means an automatic win against Enel. lol. What determines who wins and who loses happens during a fight. Luffy didn't turn rubber in the middle of the fight. so it only caused a surprise in the beginning. However, that surprise was only good enough for 1-2 attack(s) and then he had to come up with something to get around CoO etc.

??? the CoO combined with this fruit? I don't see how that would put him on a more fearsome level than an admiral.

Or is there some other "haki-like" ability that I am missing?

Yes, Enel could snipe a specific person far away, however for someone who is strong enough to put of a fight against enel would be able to dodge that attack easily.

but being immune to a persons most powerful attribute kind of means automatic win...
Aug 19 2011 07:10pm
Quote (itzpookiie @ Aug 19 2011 07:36pm)
but being immune to a persons most powerful attribute kind of means automatic win...

That isn't true. Just like one would think that knowing what the other person is going to do before they do it would equal an auto win. It only seems that way. And it was meant to seem that way. Like when reading the manga, you think "how is Luffy going to fight Enel who is a lightning logia?". Then all of a sudden you figure out he is completely immune to lightning based attacks and think "Enel has no chance to win now". But then it is brought to your attention that Enel can not only use Lightning directly but he can use it to heat up his weapon which gives him a devastating attack. At the same time you figure out he can also predict any attack Luffy throws at Enel. Then you are back to thinking "How is Luffy going to fight against this?". Isn't that how all fights are in One Piece? Once you think one has an advantage then the tables turn.

If against someone else powerful it would be the same. We can't say for sure that Enel would win just because his powerful fruit. We don't know how the other person would react and how they would counter-attack against Enel. But I can say for sure that saying Enel is on Admiral level is overestimating him (has potential for it yes, but he isn't at this moment). Saying Luffy won because he was immune to Enel's fruit is just providing excuses for him. Or are you saying that Luffy could win against the Admirals if he was only immune to their fruits?
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1361362363364365753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll