d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1319320321322323753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 3 2011 12:03am
Quote (five33 @ Feb 2 2011 11:01pm)
kinda makes a super cool power lame imo

couldn't he just attack anyone he pleased if that wasn't the case?

he could be killing off the navy and neptune and anyone he pleased otherwise?

i think it's befitting, especially since most won't know his ability,
Gold: 1,463.00
Feb 3 2011 01:27am
Quote (TR0LL @ Feb 3 2011 01:00am)
ooooh ms forums have a nice theory on der dekken's gloves

what if the last person he touches is the target for his attack?

this is a damn good theory, imo.
although, i'm still thinking he shouldn't be able to directly touch seawater with his hands or head for his devil fruit power.

during the arlong park arc, luffy was able to extend his legs down into the ocean wasn't he?
so parts of the body can touch seawater, but not others.

i really think that's the reason for the bubble and gloves.

for the last touch theory to work, i can't see a pirate being allowed to touch the princess.
unless it was an assault, the one mentioned 10 years ago, and he's managed not to touch another individual ever since then.
just seems a little far fetched, imo - he is a pirate. he would have had to touch someone in fights and stuff, right?
whether it was hitting, or to use his DF power against them.

This post was edited by shsheik on Feb 3 2011 01:28am
Feb 3 2011 01:37am
Quote (shsheik @ Feb 3 2011 12:27am)
although, i'm still thinking he shouldn't be able to directly touch seawater with his hands or head for his devil fruit power.

during the arlong park arc, luffy was able to extend his legs down into the ocean wasn't he?

for the last touch theory to work, i can't see a pirate being allowed to touch the princess.
unless it was an assault, the one mentioned 10 years ago, and he's managed not to touch another individual ever since then.
just seems a little far fetched, imo  -  he is a pirate.  he would have had to touch someone in fights and stuff, right?

he has gloves, and wadatsumi as a crewmate

i don't think it's a problem
Gold: 492.00
Feb 3 2011 02:06am
Hey is it true that the One Piece manga comes out twice a week?
Gold: 0.00
Feb 3 2011 08:48am
Quote (shsheik @ Feb 3 2011 02:27am)

just seems a little far fetched, imo  -  he is a pirate.  he would have had to touch someone in fights and stuff, right?

luffy can stretch all he wants under water he just do it him self

when luffy punched the krakken in gear 3rd he used haki to negate the sea waters effect on his devil fruit power i believe he also used haki to turn his fist black to make it hard in a process called Vulcanization

, "vulcanisation is a chemical process for converting rubber or related polymers into more durable materials via the addition of sulfur or other equivalent "curatives." These additives modify the polymer by forming crosslinks (bridges) between individual polymer chains."

This post was edited by five33 on Feb 3 2011 08:49am
Gold: 1,463.00
Feb 3 2011 09:36am
Quote (five33 @ Feb 3 2011 09:48am)
luffy can stretch all he wants under water he just do it him self

when luffy punched the krakken in gear 3rd he used haki to negate the sea waters effect on his devil fruit power i believe he also used haki to turn his fist black to make it hard in a process called Vulcanization

sure his attack still worked, but he then had to be rescued into sanji's or zoro's bubble, didnt he?
been a little bit, and i dont have the net speed to find a specific manga page to check, could be wrong
Gold: 20.00
Feb 3 2011 11:48am
Color or Armaments? Where is this coming from?

AFAIK, I thought zoros ability was supposed to be like that shit in the Alabasta arc, to be able to see and cut the 'breath of all things'

or whatever
Feb 3 2011 02:27pm

Quote (five33 @ Feb 3 2011 07:48am)
luffy can stretch all he wants under water he just do it  him self

when  luffy punched the krakken in gear 3rd he used haki to negate the sea waters effect on his devil fruit power  i believe he also used haki to turn his fist black to make it hard in a process called Vulcanization

he used the vulcaniuzed rubber to fight in gear 2nd against lucci, i think the haki replaced the need for the increased bloodflow, to kind of mix gear 2nd and 3rd
Quote (Eep @ Feb 3 2011 10:48am)
Color or Armaments? Where is this coming from?

AFAIK, I thought zoros ability was supposed to be like that shit in the Alabasta arc, to be able to see and cut the 'breath of all things'

or whatever

the three types of haki

color of the conquerer(kings haki)

Color of armaments ( the one that let's you touch logia df users+this does more)

color of observation (mantra, the one coby used at the war)
Gold: 0.00
Feb 3 2011 04:42pm
Quote (shsheik @ Feb 3 2011 10:36am)
sure his attack still worked, but he then had to be rescued into sanji's or zoro's bubble, didnt he?
been a little bit, and i dont have the net speed to find a specific manga page to check, could be wrong

so whats your point?

he had to be rescued because he broke his bubble and he was like a million miles under the ocean bro the water pressure was gona kill him not him drowning

Gold: 20.00
Feb 3 2011 11:12pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Feb 3 2011 03:27pm)
he used the vulcaniuzed rubber to fight in gear 2nd against lucci, i think the haki replaced the need for the increased bloodflow, to kind of mix gear 2nd and 3rd

the three types of haki

color of the conquerer(kings haki)

Color of armaments ( the one that let's you touch logia df users+this does more)

color of observation (mantra, the one coby used at the war)

so why is everyone disregarding the ability to cut all things :/
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1319320321322323753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll