d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1314315316317318753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.00
Jan 28 2011 02:30pm
Quote (napsterz0r @ Jan 28 2011 02:31am)
Since you guys doing a pointless debate, Ace died because he let himself stabed by Akainu hand. Why`? To save luffy obv.. If hes logia would remain active when he got hited by Akainu hes hand would pass trought him and hit luffy , thus he decided to save luffy whit the cost of hes life.You got trolled by akainu words and ace sacrifice. In  1v1 fight we all know it wouldnt have finish like this, even if we all know that in theory Ace fire just give  more heat to Akainu magma,thus making him more powerfull.Its a cartoon , you dont have to get a logic explanation for every move made by characters.

ps: As someone said yearlier , in this show Ace was created just as a filler in order to make luffy evolve, so trying to debate why the 'filler' died, and how its again pointless for me.

So lets get back to the story , dont think Carribo its realy the last enemy in this arc, all he wants is money, He came after strawhats to get their heads for money, once he got thoose mermaids he will proly run and try sell em. Those new fisherman pirates look more like a challange , in most of the arcs luffy and hes crew had a enemy from another crew..they have a dream and a purpose same as luffy.

that was my theory, yeah

Gold: 2.90
Jan 28 2011 09:24pm
Quote (napsterz0r @ Jan 28 2011 03:31am)
Since you guys doing a pointless debate, Ace died because he let himself stabed by Akainu hand. Why`? To save luffy obv.. If hes logia would remain active when he got hited by Akainu hes hand would pass trought him and hit luffy , thus he decided to save luffy whit the cost of hes life.You got trolled by akainu words and ace sacrifice. In  1v1 fight we all know it wouldnt have finish like this, even if we all know that in theory Ace fire just give  more heat to Akainu magma,thus making him more powerfull.Its a cartoon , you dont have to get a logic explanation for every move made by characters.

So your argument is that Ace intentionally deactivated his logia in order to take the brunt of the hit.

Your argument is fatally flawed for two reasons (pun intended).

1. You offered no evidence to support your assertion. You just claimed it as fact, and said all evidence to the contrary was oda trolling by proxy through sakazuki.

2. Even if Ace did intentionally deactivate his logia, it wouldn't matter. Because we've already established 2 independent methods in which sakazuki's attacks would have been able to harm ace directly. Just as luffy could harm crocodile directly while he was wet despite crocodiles logia being active.

All you've managed to demonstrate is that you didn't read the previous comments and just offered your passing conjecture as fact.

Quote (napsterz0r @ Jan 28 2011 03:31am)
So lets get back to the story , dont think Carribo its realy the last enemy in this arc, all he wants is money, He came after strawhats to get their heads for money, once he got thoose mermaids he will proly run and try sell em. Those new fisherman pirates look more like a challange , in most of the arcs luffy and hes crew had a enemy from another crew..they have a dream and a purpose same as luffy.

I agree with this. Caribou may have some interesting abilities and will cause a little trouble (perhaps situationally rather than in a direct fight) for the strawhats.

But I really don't think he's the biggest threat this arc has to offer. At the very least I'm pretty sure tweaked up captain of the NFP is a bigger direct threat.

My two cents.
Jan 28 2011 09:37pm
I have 2 ideas in mind for caribou:

Either he will turn out to be a lot stronger and/or more destructive than we thought

or

He will be decimated by some other character, who in turn will end up fighting luffy. Aka, sacrificial pawn for a display of power.
Jan 28 2011 09:42pm
Quote (Eep @ Jan 28 2011 11:37pm)
I have 2 ideas in mind for caribou:

Either he will turn out to be a lot stronger and/or more destructive than we thought

or

He will be decimated by some other character, who in turn will end up fighting luffy. Aka, sacrificial pawn for a display of power.

Perhaps he could intentionally or indadvertedly frame the strawhats through the missing mermaids. He seems like more so one of those annoying side characters then any real kind of a fighter.

Your sacrificial pawn idea gets a some added validity due to caribou's high bounty from the government.

This post was edited by Black487 on Jan 28 2011 09:43pm
Jan 28 2011 09:46pm
Quote (Black487 @ Jan 28 2011 10:42pm)
Perhaps he could intentionally or indadvertedly frame the strawhats through the missing mermaids.  He seems like more so one of those annoying side characters then any real kind of a fighter. 

Your sacrificial pawn idea gets a some added validity due to caribou's high bounty from the government.

It's looking that way so far, he didn't get too much backstory other than the story of his bounty.

The only thing I find curious is that, as for his character in general, he is pretty much at a dead end isn't he? His entire crew was killed, and now he is alone in the new world.

It's quite peculiar, really. There is something more beneath the surface we haven't quite figured out yet, that is in store for his character.
Gold: 3.60
Jan 28 2011 10:16pm
are we still talking about ace's death
serious
hes dead
it doesnt matter how he did it
hes dead
end of arguement
Jan 28 2011 10:16pm
uh, no, we aren't

try viewing the last 3 posts above yours to get an idea of topic before you post stupid crap

thanks
Jan 28 2011 10:17pm
Quote (itzpookiie @ Jan 29 2011 12:16am)
are we still talking about ace's death
serious
hes dead
it doesnt matter how he did it
hes dead
end of arguement

Don't blame me, people are stubborn. I was finished debating this 3 pages ago <_<
Gold: 1,463.00
Jan 29 2011 12:37am
just for argyement's sake, a good reason for ace deactivating his logia is:

fire is ethereal and can not stop anything going through it.
ace is protecting luffy, and needs to stop the fatal blow.
in order to use his body to do that, he cannot be in his flame state.

also, for carribou.
i just can't see him being a serious threat.
he was ready to run from the kraken, and got easily stuffed into a barrel nonchalantly.
the threat just doesnt seem to be being built up, especially when you consider how the crew is involved with the fishmen king.
the threat they're involved with is hody jones.

but his character has to be being developed for a reason.
maybe he will hurt friends of the strawhats, and they will chase him down, in order to lead to the next arc?

This post was edited by shsheik on Jan 29 2011 12:41am
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 29 2011 12:58am
Quote (shsheik @ Jan 28 2011 11:37pm)
just for argyement's sake, a good reason for ace deactivating his logia is:

fire is ethereal and can not stop anything going through it.
ace is protecting luffy, and needs to stop the fatal blow.
in order to use his body to do that, he cannot be in his flame state.

also, for carribou.
i just can't see him being a serious threat.
he was ready to run from the kraken, and got easily stuffed into a barrel nonchalantly.
the threat just doesnt seem to be being built up, especially when you consider how the crew is involved with the fishmen king.
the threat they're involved with is hody jones.

but his character has to be being developed for a reason.
maybe he will hurt friends of the strawhats, and they will chase him down, in order to lead to the next arc?

akainu didnt seem to have any problem piercing through ace, he could have skewered luffy with the same attack easily

he wanted to take one out at a time

stop arguing this

magma smothers fire
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1314315316317318753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll