d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1272273274275276753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.90
Dec 18 2010 12:41am
Quote (bloodyaeon2 @ Dec 18 2010 02:23am)
but the guy in that page has a normal nose

One of the many simple reasons why the arlong idea is bunk.
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Dec 18 2010 07:34pm
I have an idea, what if there is more to King's Haki than we've been told? I was just thinking about it, what if someone with just King's Haki has the power to make people faint and stuff, but if you can MASTER it, which very few people can, even amongst the 1 in a million who have it, you could be considered as a master of nature or something, ie you can have power over the weather and stuff?

Dragon D. Monkey-The world's most wanted man; he seems to be able to control the weather to at least some extent back from when he saved Luffy.

Gol D. Rogers- The strongest known pirate in history; In a battle with Shiki, by some 'miracle' half of Shiki's fleet was sunk due to a storm by 'chance'.

What do you guys think? Oh and both of these guys have the initial D in them as well!
Gold: 4.83
Dec 18 2010 07:49pm
Quote (imperialitchy @ Dec 18 2010 08:34pm)
I have an idea, what if there is more to King's Haki than we've been told? I was just thinking about it, what if someone with just King's Haki has the power to make people faint and stuff, but if you can MASTER it, which very few people can, even amongst the 1 in a million who have it, you could be considered as a master of nature or something, ie you can have power over the weather and stuff?

Dragon D. Monkey-The world's most wanted man; he seems to be able to control the weather to at least some extent back from when he saved Luffy.

Gol D. Rogers- The strongest known pirate in history; In a battle with Shiki, by some 'miracle' half of Shiki's fleet was sunk due to a storm by 'chance'.

What do you guys think? Oh and both of these guys have the initial D in them as well!

I think you're overthinking the Shiki incident and Dragon has a weather related devil fruit.

I do think King's Haki has some unexplained elements though. If all it does is knock out people with weak spirit then even if it's rare it's not something for marine admirals and Yonkou to gasp about.
Banned
Dec 19 2010 03:01pm
Quote (i_r_slayer @ Dec 18 2010 06:49pm)
I think you're overthinking the Shiki incident and Dragon has a weather related devil fruit.

I do think King's Haki has some unexplained elements though. If all it does is knock out people with weak spirit then even if it's rare it's not something for marine admirals and Yonkou to gasp about.

It is not confirmed that Dragon has a weather related fruits.
Gold: 100.00
Dec 19 2010 03:02pm
Quote (imperialitchy @ Dec 19 2010 02:01pm)

this, it's not confirmed that he has any fruit
Gold: 4.83
Dec 19 2010 03:10pm
Quote (imperialitchy @ Dec 19 2010 04:01pm)

Quote (TR0LL @ Dec 19 2010 04:02pm)
this, it's not confirmed that he has any fruit

Banned
Dec 19 2010 03:17pm
Quote (i_r_slayer @ Dec 19 2010 02:10pm)

You could be right too, it's only a theory about D or even the kings haki.

Gold: 0.00
Dec 19 2010 05:52pm
Which Chapter in the manga is the one where ace is saved by luffy at the Navy Hq
Gold: 2.90
Dec 19 2010 06:12pm
Quote (i_r_slayer @ Dec 18 2010 09:49pm)

I think king's haki is more so sort of a red flag or a indicator of somebody's potential. Not so much that the skill itself is to be feared.

Only the greatest of greats seem to acquire it. If you spot the red flag and nip it in the bud early then you can avoid major issues in the future when they fully develop as individuals and fighters.

---

As far as the weather aspect, I think it's supposed to be more of an unanswerable / borderline supernatural aspect. Kind of like when lightning struck buggy while Luffy was about to be executed. Perhaps it was some sort of God figure / Gol D. Roger playing tricks on people in the afterlife. Or perhaps it was just the simple fact that buggy was lifting a steel sword up in the air while elevated on a platform in a thunderstorm.

I personally lean more so to the natural explanation instead of the supernatural, despite the fact that this is a cartoon and anything is possible. Sometimes however I can't help but feel like Gol D. Roger is watching over Luffy though.

This post was edited by Black487 on Dec 19 2010 06:17pm
Gold: 600.00
Dec 19 2010 10:12pm
Quote (Black487 @ Dec 19 2010 08:12pm)
I think king's haki is more so sort of a red flag or a indicator of somebody's potential.  Not so much that the skill itself is to be feared. 

Only the greatest of greats seem to acquire it.  If you spot the red flag and nip it in the bud early then you can avoid major issues in the future when they fully develop as individuals and fighters. 

---

As far as the weather aspect, I think it's supposed to be more of an unanswerable / borderline supernatural aspect.  Kind of like when lightning struck buggy while Luffy was about to be executed.  Perhaps it was some sort of God figure / Gol D. Roger playing tricks on people in the afterlife.  Or perhaps it was just the simple fact that buggy was lifting a steel sword up in the air while elevated on a platform in a thunderstorm

I personally lean more so to the natural explanation instead of the supernatural, despite the fact that this is a cartoon and anything is possible.  Sometimes however I can't help but feel like Gol D. Roger is watching over Luffy though.

Wasn't Buggy getting shocked a result of Dragon watching over Luffy, not Roger? I could've sworn it showed Dragon atop a building with a stormcloud behind him
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1272273274275276753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll