d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1267268269270271753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 38,115.35
Dec 16 2010 08:05pm
Nice find about the sunny pirates tattoo.

Imo, it can only mean one thing: This guy was not originally a slave and got the sunny pirates tattoo. Because the slave tattoo has a circle in the middle, just like the sunny tattoo.
So I'm thinking the new tattoo stands for the "New fishman pirates" which is formed by/whose members are someone not originally from the sunny pirates being a slave before.

So I'm leaning towards a new group of fishmen, and with that tattoo, they obviously hate humans.
Why he would have the Arlong pirates tattoo, I really don't know, and it's very confusing. He wasn't a part of Arlong's crew at east blue.

Personally I really don't think, nor would I like, that the boss is Arlong. I don't think he would very much like to have Luffy join his crew, so much as taking revenge. Allthough he was an opportunist, so maybe, if that were the case.

One last thing, about Jinbei thinking about Arlong like that, imo that is definitely a hard-to-find/notice clue left by Oda. Doubt he would randomly put that part in without doing anything about it. It might just be Jimbei not wanting to tell Luffy about Arlong making a big name for himself with the new fishman pirates (saving Ace should be their focus). Or it might be something else (cause I still don't think Arlong is that boss), but Oda will deliver. He has left small clues and hints like this before.

edit: also they are talking about "the one who crushed Arlong-san's ambition". If he was a succesful fishman as a boss for the new fishman pirates, wouldn't Hammond say: "the one who tried to crush Arlong-san's ambition", or something to that extent.

This post was edited by Dragon_Reborn on Dec 16 2010 08:25pm
Gold: 1,463.00
Dec 16 2010 10:00pm
Quote (five33 @ Dec 16 2010 06:11pm)
humm

not sure

Its a difficult situation all of the arlong pirates had the sunny mark and arlong mark but this man has the original slave mark and an arlong mark

so im thinking this man is proud of his slave ness wearing it like pride showing he survived threw it kinda like jews being proud of the marks nazi would burn onto there skin the numbers and im thinking this man was not apart of the sunny pirates but still greatly respects tiger and im thinking he was not apart of the arlong pirates but when he heard what arlong was doing making humans slaves just like humans were making fishmen slaves he grew great respect and added the mark on his body cause of it and viewed him as a role model

this hatred could be why he chose not to join the sunny pirates because tiger saved humans and fishmen from slavery and he didnt agree with that but he still respect tiger greatly for his acts climbing the red line etc

or we can just use the simplest answer and say arlong is the boss and he escaped from the prison but lost his nose in the process some how

it isnt the original slave mark either...

Quote (Dragon_Reborn @ Dec 16 2010 09:05pm)
One last thing, about Jinbei thinking about Arlong like that, imo that is definitely a hard-to-find/notice clue left by Oda. Doubt he would randomly put that part in without doing anything about it. It might just be Jimbei not wanting to tell Luffy about Arlong making a big name for himself with the new fishman pirates (saving Ace should be their focus). Or it might be something else (cause I still don't think Arlong is that boss), but Oda will deliver. He has left small clues and hints like this before.

edit: also they are talking about "the one who crushed Arlong-san's ambition". If he was a succesful fishman as a boss for the new fishman pirates, wouldn't Hammond say: "the one who tried to crush Arlong-san's ambition", or something to that extent.

excellent point about the hammond quote.

also, with regards to that panel showing jimbei thinking of arlong.
did jimbei know about luffy defeating arlong? did he have any knowledge of what had happened?
because if not, why would it be shown? unless it had a future implication?

This post was edited by shsheik on Dec 16 2010 10:04pm
Gold: 113,270.08
Dec 17 2010 03:05am
we willl see in next chapter who the guy really is.

Troll vs rest
Arlong vs someone else
Shame vs Pride
Gold: 201,810.77
Dec 17 2010 07:33am
Quote (shsheik @ Dec 16 2010 11:00pm)
also, with regards to that panel showing jimbei thinking of arlong.
did jimbei know about luffy defeating arlong?  did he have any knowledge of what had happened?
because if not, why would it be shown? unless it had a future implication?

I think it's safe to assume that yes, he does know what happened. I'd think that all of Luffy's actions would be well know, including Arlong, since it's the one that actually got him his first bounty.

If not, the he could be thinking about Arlong because he made the connection that Luffy grew up and started in East Blue, so he might have encountered Arlong before.

But the way that Jinbei brings it up, it's most likely that he does know the connection and is either apologizing or going to bring him back up as an enemy again
Gold: 20.00
Dec 17 2010 01:06pm
zzz, if they bring back arlong I will be disappointed beyond anything

one piece is in a new arc, in a new ocean dubbed the new fucking world

nn old shit, we just got done settling all the old stuff last arc. It is the time to move forward, imo.

edit: for all we know, arlong could have a brother, I'm sure he's not a one of a kind species.

Even that is a bit of a stretch. The only reason they mention arlong AFAIK is because aside from jimbei, the only exposure they have had to fishmen was that particular arc.

This post was edited by Eep on Dec 17 2010 01:07pm
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Dec 17 2010 01:58pm
Quote (Eep @ Dec 17 2010 12:06pm)

nn old shit, we just got done settling all the old stuff last arc. It is the time to move forward, imo.

edit: for all we know, arlong could have a brother, I'm sure he's not a one of a kind species.

Even that is a bit of a stretch. The only reason they mention arlong AFAIK is because aside from jimbei, the only exposure they have had to fishmen was that particular arc.

Agreed.
Gold: 100.00
Dec 17 2010 02:00pm
Quote (Eep @ Dec 17 2010 12:06pm)

lul you're forgetting the water7 arc they talked about it in depth -_-

i like how you withdrew your statement once everyone started talking like civil beings instead of children flaming

i like how you cry for no more old shit, yet you're completely fine letting crocodile back in lol
Gold: 20.00
Dec 17 2010 02:32pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Dec 17 2010 03:00pm)
lul you're forgetting the water7 arc they talked about it in depth -_-

i like how you withdrew your statement once everyone started talking like civil beings instead of children flaming

i like how you cry for no more old shit, yet you're completely fine letting crocodile back in lol

man, you still going on about this shit? Don't you have better shit to do?

I never retracted shit. Your sorry ass defiled the fucking holy ground of one piece, my fucking manga thread, by comparing the biggest cliche manga of them all, NARUTO, to one piece.

That alone automatically meant you get zero fuckin respect.

As for the merman thing, in water7 they talked about it because it was the LEAD IN ARC. Ever since they finished enies lobby (iirc) fishman island has been their destination. Everything that happened in between was a coincidence. So yeah, they talked about it. IT WAS THEIR DESTINATION. Has absolutely ZERO to do with arlong. You fangirls need to get over him, imo.

Anyway, your name is not fitting at all, you suck at this forum thing just fyi.

Not even going to touch that last sentence because you are so goddamn dumb that my head hurts just thinking about the infinite sum of your ignorance
Gold: 19,036.15
Dec 17 2010 04:18pm
Here returns arlong or hes evul brother ( wait.. arlong was evil aswell xD )
Gold: 100.00
Dec 17 2010 04:36pm
Quote (Eep @ Dec 17 2010 01:32pm)
man, you still going on about this shit? Don't you have better shit to do?

I never retracted shit. Your sorry ass defiled the fucking holy ground of one piece, my fucking manga thread, by comparing the biggest cliche manga of them all, NARUTO, to one piece.

That alone automatically meant you get zero fuckin respect.

As for the merman thing, in water7 they talked about it because it was the LEAD IN ARC. Ever since they finished enies lobby (iirc) fishman island has been their destination. Everything that happened in between was a coincidence. So yeah, they talked about it. IT WAS THEIR DESTINATION. Has absolutely ZERO to do with arlong. You fangirls need to get over him, imo.

Anyway, your name is not fitting at all, you suck at this forum thing just fyi.

Not even going to touch that last sentence because you are so goddamn dumb that my head hurts just thinking about the infinite sum of your ignorance

rage essay ftw?

thiss is my thread, and my subforum, i took control of it,

and don;t touch the last sentence i wrote, because you cant :)
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1267268269270271753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll