d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1260261262263264753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 15 2010 01:11pm
Quote (Eep @ Dec 15 2010 12:06pm)
Ok rand mcranderson, listen up

1: Don't ever compare naruto to one piece. That manga is sub par at best as of recently. It was only good for 2 or 3 volumes.

2: Hunter x hunter has been struggling lately, as if it wasn't already painfully obvious enough. The current arc has been slow, depressing and completely different from the rest of the series.

3: I think I know a thing or 2 about one piece more than you, guy who thinks naruto is on an equal level

4: I don't give a shit about these fabled language barriers of yours, ODA is a better author than that, and you clearly keep thinking hes a lazy author who has to do shit like revive every single villain from the series at once (NARUTO) or take away someones power + end an arc THEN KEEP THE SERIES GOING (BLEACH)

don't try to speak to me like you know anything, because you come off looking like a fool.

lol you're obviously being biased

naruto is more worldwidely known and recognized than one piece will ever be, now i think i like one piece better, but i'm not ignorant enough to say it trumps naruto in any way lol

hunter is "slow" because it's on a haitus because the author has been sick lately, hunter completely blows one peice away in terms of storyline and how great it is

and you only assume you know more about one piece than me, the only thing is we know the same, we were given the same information, so there is no way you "know more" than i do

and a language barrier is very much real, your argument reminds me of a 4 year old

*plugs ears* YOU'RE WRONG!!!!! LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!

when you learn to stop being such a biased speaker then maybe you can afford to keep on my level lol
Quote (Pavise @ Dec 15 2010 12:06pm)
EXACTLY YOU JUST PROVED URSELF WRONG HERE!

word boss appears only once, when they're speaking to the boss of the fishman crew. as for arlong, they refer him as Arlong-san, like they would be talking about crewmember/old friend perhaps

and yes, your right, naruto is complete junk, dont bring up that shit here. thx

lol? why would they disrespect their boss by calling him by his name?

they refer to him as boss ONLY when directly speaking to him
Dec 15 2010 01:13pm
also afk for a bit :) shower and work, will ipod it up later :)

make sure to think out your argument fully, because otherwise i will just shame you again
Gold: 2.62
Dec 15 2010 01:14pm
Quote (TR0LL @ 15 Dec 2010 21:13)
also afk for a bit :) shower and work, will ipod it up later :)

make sure to think out your argument fully, because otherwise i will just shame you again

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32383345/9

there you go, page that blows your theory completely, np.

'we have to let the BOSS know that the man who destroyed ARLONG-SAN's....'

oh right, theres quote from onepiecewiki for you, maybe that'll clear things up. " Later, Arlong and the rest of his crew are arrested imprisoned by the Marines. Hachi was the only one to escape."

This post was edited by Pavise on Dec 15 2010 01:16pm
Gold: 20.00
Dec 15 2010 01:17pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Dec 15 2010 02:11pm)
lol you're obviously being biased

naruto is more worldwidely known and recognized than one piece will ever be, now i think i like one piece better, but i'm not ignorant enough to say it trumps naruto in any way lol

hunter is "slow" because it's on a haitus because the author has been sick lately, hunter completely blows one peice away in terms of storyline and how great it is

and you only assume you know more about one piece than me, the only thing is we know the same, we were given the same information, so there is no way you "know more" than i do

and a language barrier is very much real, your argument reminds me of a 4 year old

*plugs ears* YOU'RE WRONG!!!!! LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!

when you learn to stop being such a biased speaker then maybe you can afford to keep on my level lol

lol? why would they disrespect their boss by calling him by his name?

they refer to him as boss ONLY when directly speaking to him

Biased? Yeah, me who reads bleach and naruto AND hxh IN ADDITION TO ONE PIECE and HAVE BEEN READING THEM since before you even knew their existence, yeah I am biased sir. Nice logic...

And LOL @ popularity? How many times have you been to japan? Americans are stupid so they are down with stupid shows like naruto and bad music like ICP, congrats, you just proved that this country is dumb

HxH does not blow one piece away. I LOVED HxH but it was only good for the first 2 arcs. After that, you can tell the author lost touch with his series. Oda never lost touch with one piece.

And if you actually paid attn to one piece then you would understand. Just because we have read the same amount of chapters does not mean we have analyzed them the same. You clearly are a 1 dimension kinda guy, taking things for face value.

The language barrier is a non issue when you have actual japanese citizens helping you translate, which good scanlators do. I don't even need to mention how many times I've seen MS bring up things that could be arguably defined as more than 1.

I am not biased, I am simply informed.

Dec 15 2010 03:42pm
Quote (Eep @ Dec 15 2010 12:17pm)
Biased? Yeah, me who reads bleach and naruto AND hxh IN ADDITION TO ONE PIECE and HAVE BEEN READING THEM since before you even knew their existence, yeah I am biased sir. Nice logic...

And LOL @ popularity? How many times have you been to japan? Americans are stupid so they are down with stupid shows like naruto and bad music like ICP, congrats, you just proved that this country is dumb

HxH does not blow one piece away. I LOVED HxH but it was only good for the first 2 arcs. After that, you can tell the author lost touch with his series. Oda never lost touch with one piece.

And if you actually paid attn to one piece then you would understand. Just because we have read the same amount of chapters does not mean we have analyzed them the same. You clearly are a 1 dimension kinda guy, taking things for face value.

The language barrier is a non issue when you have actual japanese citizens helping you translate, which good scanlators do. I don't even need to mention how many times I've seen MS bring up things that could be arguably defined as more than 1.

I am not biased, I am simply informed.

just reading them does not excuse you for being biased

ive been reading hunter and one piece since their initial release dates, so there goes that theorey for you

and i wasn't specifically stating that it was only more popular in america, i mean WORLDWIDE naruto is more popular than one piece(also note there is now a city named naruto AND there is an official naruto mint copy of the currency)

ive been to japan twice actually, one for the manga festival, one for pleasure :)

and ive noticed your argument changes from one piece, to blah blah blah americans lol, are you that dense that you need to try and insult where i live? i don't need to sink that low to verbal you :)

hxh IS and will always be better than one piece, way better character development and more solid storylines

not to mention they were hinting at the chimera arc WAY before they even introduced kuroro lucifer, so it's not just a dumb chapter like you seem to think

and you're right, we didn't analyze them the same, i, keep my mind open to any and every possible situation, while you, think in a straight line following the same pattern

the language barrier is an issue, because even people who were raised with japanese as their first language, and are incredibly fluent in their english language, CANNOT translate directly, there has to be common sense put into the equation or it wouldn't make sense, you seem to have problems understanding that

so with my conclusion, i suggest you try being unbiased in your next keyboard flurry, because your one lane way of thinking isn't nearly enough to converse with a superior being such as myself :)

try again randhat
Dec 15 2010 03:45pm
Quote (Pavise @ Dec 15 2010 12:14pm)
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32383345/9

there you go, page that blows your theory completely, np.

'we have to let the BOSS know that the man who destroyed ARLONG-SAN's....'

oh right, theres quote from onepiecewiki for you, maybe that'll clear things up. " Later, Arlong and the rest of his crew are arrested imprisoned by the Marines. Hachi was the only one to escape."

no it doesn't because the spoilers (translated directly) read

"we have to let know that the man who destroyed arlong-san's plan"

the word "boss" does not appear in the direct word for word translation, now mix that with the grammar of japanese, and you can infer that the subject is arlong-san

so it would read correctly translated

"we have to let the boss know that the man who destroyed arlong-san's"

doesn't take away the possibility of this being arlong, because there is no way to directly translate and make sense, therefore the word "boss" was put in there, because it's implied that way

also the people updating the wiki know as much as us, once they reveal that it is indeed arlong, the wiki will be changed to
"only hacchi was known to escape until the fishman island arc revealed arlong"
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Dec 15 2010 03:48pm
Stop arguing like retards its useless.

Do you think the boss is fisher tiger?

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Fisher_Tiger

This and this http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32383345/17

Dec 15 2010 03:49pm
Quote (imperialitchy @ Dec 15 2010 02:48pm)
Stop arguing like retards its useless.

Do you think the boss is fisher tiger?

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Fisher_Tiger

This and this http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32383345/17
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090831155321/onepiece/images/thumb/4/4b/Tigerfisher.jpg/240px-Tigerfisher.jpg

fisher tiger looks like his teeth are straight, this other guy has jagged arlong teeth

BUT it's a possibility nice find
Gold: 2.75
Dec 15 2010 03:57pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Dec 15 2010 10:49pm)
fisher tiger looks like his teeth are straight, this other guy has jagged arlong teeth

BUT it's a possibility nice find

And here I'm thinking Fisher Tiger is already dead for some time now, silly me :o
Gold: 2.62
Dec 15 2010 04:04pm
Quote (TR0LL @ 15 Dec 2010 23:45)
no it doesn't because the spoilers (translated directly) read

"we have to let know that the man who destroyed arlong-san's plan"

the word "boss" does not appear in the direct word for word translation, now mix that with the grammar of japanese, and you can infer that the subject is arlong-san

so it would read correctly translated

"we have to let the boss know that the man who destroyed arlong-san's"

doesn't take away the possibility of this being arlong, because there is no way to directly translate and make sense, therefore the word "boss" was put in there, because it's implied that way

also the people updating the wiki know as much as us, once they reveal that it is indeed arlong, the wiki will be changed to
"only hacchi was known to escape until the fishman island arc revealed arlong"

honestly, that would be equally stupid to ace coming back to live as robot

'its still possible, although i dont have proof for it i think because that shadow looks like him it is him'

anyways can you even read japanese? i srsly doubt you can, then how the hell you know EXACTLY what the original content is? no you dont know, even if you knew, theres various ways to understand the meaning of those readings

i dont even feel like arguing with you anymore, gives me the feeling of being dragged to level of idiot like you
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1260261262263264753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll