d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1259260261262263753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 15 2010 12:50pm
Quote (Pavise @ Dec 15 2010 11:43am)
naa you can see by the nose he aint arlong

propably some kind of piranja guy who has ability to use low level haki combined with crappy fishman kempo(w/e martial arts jimbei used too!)

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs45/300W/i/2009/140/9/1/One_Piece_vs_Arlong_by_FrappoDA.jpg

theres a random googled picture for you, arlongs face is pretty much same angle, that it how it would have been drawn.

anyways the nose luffy broke, he instantly 'repaired' it. Even if by small change that would be arlong what sense would it make? he's weak and completely incomparable to any of strawhats ;S

you assume he is incapable of getting stronger?

what about haki?

extreme training can overcome this easily
Gold: 4,230.00
Dec 15 2010 12:51pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Dec 15 2010 01:41pm)
there is no proof arlong is dead, and he could have been one of those released from impel down

it IS arlong

Arlong was never in Impel Down. He is in prison in East Blue. Hachi said he was the only one able to escape. which you may say if Hachi was then Arlong should be able to, but i think that was just situational circumstances.
Gold: 20.00
Dec 15 2010 12:51pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Dec 15 2010 01:47pm)
"if" i am wrong, you know just as little as i,

except there is evidence to support my claim, and the only evidence you have is how he looks

and there is no OP next week, it's on the 29th

man, you are really bad at this

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32383345/9

see: bottom of the page + the panel above it

He refers to his boss as boss, and arlong as arlong

therefore, not the same person

same with the last page

refers to him as 'boss'

This post was edited by Eep on Dec 15 2010 12:52pm
Dec 15 2010 12:53pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Dec 15 2010 11:51am)
Arlong was never in Impel Down. He is in prison in East Blue. Hachi said he was the only one able to escape. which you may say if Hachi was then Arlong should be able to, but i think that was just situational circumstances.

ah, i see, good find
Quote (Eep @ Dec 15 2010 11:51am)
man, you are really bad at this

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32383345/9

see: bottom of the page + the page above it

He refers to his boss as boss, and arlong as arlong

therefore, not the same person

same with the last page

refers to him as 'boss'

in japanese that happens alot

how many times in OP have the crew referred to luffy as "captain" and than "luffy"

many times

same for all manga ive read

naruto as well. that argument holds no grounds because of the crudeness of the translations

and ofc when you're talking to him directly, you will call him "boss"

This post was edited by TR0LL on Dec 15 2010 12:54pm
Dec 15 2010 12:55pm
wrong

the translators @ ms are good, and if it was like you had said, they would have made a note of it because guess what, they are fans of one piece as well.

If arlong was the boss, he would have said that "they are the ones who crushed his (the boss's) ambitions"
Dec 15 2010 12:57pm
Quote (Eep @ Dec 15 2010 11:55am)
wrong

the translators @ ms are good, and if it was like you had said, they would have made a note of it because guess what, they are fans of one piece as well.

If arlong was the boss, he would have said that "they are the ones who crushed his (the boss's) ambitions"

no translation can be direct, because you cannot directly translate from japanese-> english because of the different grammar

so the ms translators insert words and filler statements to make the writing in the manga seem smooth

for all we know the word "boss" doesn't even show up in the manga but the translators added it in

i know for damn sure the word shows up once and only once in the spoilers

and that is at the end when they are talking directly to arlong

This post was edited by TR0LL on Dec 15 2010 12:57pm
Dec 15 2010 12:59pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Dec 15 2010 01:57pm)
no translation can be direct, because you cannot directly translate from japanese-> english because of the different grammar

so the ms translators insert words and filler statements to make the writing in the manga seem smooth

for all we know the word "boss" doesn't even show up in the manga but the translators added it in

i know for damn sure the word shows up once and only once in the spoilers

and that is at the end when they are talking directly to arlong

I don't think you give their translators enough credit.

It's not arlong. We just finished an arc full of reintroducing old people back, do you really, REALLY think they would keep bringing back old people? Oda is NOT a bad author like some of the other garbage you must be reading

stop lumping one piece with the rest of the garbage you read.
Dec 15 2010 01:01pm
Quote (Eep @ Dec 15 2010 11:59am)
I don't think you give their translators enough credit.

It's not arlong. We just finished an arc full of reintroducing old people back, do you really, REALLY think they would keep bringing back old people? Oda is NOT a bad author like some of the other garbage you must be reading

stop lumping one piece with the rest of the garbage you read.

lul?

garbage, that's funny

didnt know hunter x hunter

and naruto

could be considered inferior to one piece rofl

stop trying to insult me because you're clearly wrong

it's not the translators fault, it's the language barrier that is the problem, and it will always be the problem

like i said, direct spoilers, copy word from word translated

the word "boss" appears once, and it's at the end when they are speaking directly to him
Dec 15 2010 01:06pm
Quote (TR0LL @ Dec 15 2010 02:01pm)
lul?

garbage, that's funny

and naruto

it's not the translators fault, it's the language barrier that is the problem, and it will always be the problem

the word "boss" appears once, and it's at the end when they are speaking directly to him

Ok rand mcranderson, listen up

1: Don't ever compare naruto to one piece. That manga is sub par at best as of recently. It was only good for 2 or 3 volumes.

2: Hunter x hunter has been struggling lately, as if it wasn't already painfully obvious enough. The current arc has been slow, depressing and completely different from the rest of the series.

3: I think I know a thing or 2 about one piece more than you, guy who thinks naruto is on an equal level

4: I don't give a shit about these fabled language barriers of yours, ODA is a better author than that, and you clearly keep thinking hes a lazy author who has to do shit like revive every single villain from the series at once (NARUTO) or take away someones power + end an arc THEN KEEP THE SERIES GOING (BLEACH)

don't try to speak to me like you know anything, because you come off looking like a fool.
Gold: 2.62
Dec 15 2010 01:06pm
Quote (TR0LL @ 15 Dec 2010 21:01)
lul?

garbage, that's funny

and naruto

EXACTLY YOU JUST PROVED URSELF WRONG HERE!

word boss appears only once, when they're speaking to the boss of the fishman crew. as for arlong, they refer him as Arlong-san, like they would be talking about crewmember/old friend perhaps

and yes, your right, naruto is complete junk, dont bring up that shit here. thx
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1259260261262263753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll