d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1210211212213214753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,230.00
Oct 23 2010 10:18pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 11:13pm)
Cute attempt but watch the video I posted above.  Luffy's haki made motobaro act the exact same as the sea king AND the bounty hunters. 

Hate to be a dick, but what unsupported claim and ad hom will you use next?

Motobaro was knocked out.......... Unknown if haki was used against sea king. Shanks is a swordsman. He could have used killing intent as well. Shanks is a haki user (wish you'd stop saying by wiki. makes it sound like you don't even read the manga when you say according wiki when stating basic manga knowledge) but we don't know if he used haki or if the sea king did in fact get knocked out. But hate to be the bringer of bad news. but you are the one w/ the unsupported claim. Everyone knows that Zoro just used "natural badass" on them. and then it was super effective which scared them

This post was edited by kasey21 on Oct 23 2010 10:19pm
Gold: 1.00
Oct 23 2010 10:22pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 23 2010 09:18pm)
Motobaro was knocked out.......... Unknown if haki was used against sea king. Shanks is a swordsman. He could have used killing intent as well. Shanks is a haki user (wish you'd stop saying by wiki. makes it sound like you don't even read the manga when you say according wiki when stating basic manga knowledge) but we don't know if he used haki or if the sea king did in fact get knocked out. But hate to be the bringer of bad news. but you are the one w/ the unsupported claim. Everyone knows that Zoro just used "natural badass" on them. and then it was super effective which scared them

zoro has intimidated alot of ppl throughout the anime and movies
way before haki was known

so i agree with that
Gold: 0.00
Oct 23 2010 10:27pm
i can see zoro having haki he is the 1st mate

luffy is the next gol d roger

and rogers 1st mate had the kings

its not a stretch for zoro to get it but i dont seen sanji or usoop or any of the other crew getting it

but there is no proof yet saying that zoro has it

he just has the possibility of getting it

This post was edited by five33 on Oct 23 2010 10:28pm
Oct 23 2010 10:40pm
Quote (five33 @ Oct 23 2010 11:27pm)
i can see zoro having haki  he is the 1st mate 

luffy is the next gol d roger   

and  rogers 1st mate had the kings 

its not a stretch for zoro to get it  but i dont seen sanji or usoop or any of the other crew getting it

but there is no proof yet saying that zoro has it 

he just has the possibility of getting it

argument isn't if he will have it. argument is if he has already showed signs of it .. this is CoC as everyone has just haki =P

also nn comparison of Luffy and Roger. They are definitely not the same when it comes to powers etc. and he isn't going to be the next Gol D Roger. Roger failed. Luffy will succeed
Gold: 2.90
Oct 23 2010 10:44pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 24 2010 12:18am)

The wiki cites it's sources from the manga. Hence it's a fairly accurate source to use.

All I'm saying is that "killing intent" hasn't been identified by the show or manga yet. I suppose it's possible that shanks and zoro could be so bad ass that eye contact alone could break bounty hunters and sea kings spirits, but really? But haki also provides an alternative (and in my opinion more exciting) explanation. Unfortunately if I'm right, I'm afraid it'll take a couple months to even find out given the 1 manga a week release times.

Until then, unless something new comes to my attention, I'll take a seat and wait to find out if it ever happens.

Quote (Mutant @ Oct 24 2010 12:22am)
zoro has intimidated alot of ppl throughout the anime and movies
way before haki was known

so i agree with that

Intimidation is one thing, but this was distinctly different level from simple intimidation.

Gold: 0.00
Oct 23 2010 10:46pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 23 2010 10:40pm)
argument isn't if he will have it. argument is if he has already showed signs of it .. this is CoC as everyone has just haki =P

also nn comparison of Luffy and Roger. They are definitely not the same when it comes to powers etc.  and he isn't going to be the next Gol D Roger. Roger failed. Luffy will succeed

roger only failed cause sick

Gold: 2.90
Oct 23 2010 10:50pm
Quote (five33 @ Oct 24 2010 12:46am)

Technically he conquered the grand line and became number 1 before finally succumbing to his mortality.
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 23 2010 10:51pm
Quote (five33 @ Oct 23 2010 09:46pm)

roger failed becaue his son, he gave himself up to make sure his son would survive
Gold: 20.00
Oct 23 2010 10:56pm
I think zoro has something very comparable or better than haki

see: Alabasta arc, fight vs das bones

the power to cut the 'breath of things' or whatever

essentially the power to cut anything afaik

To me that seemed like it would be his niche....rather than haki. I remember roger could hear the voice of all things, zoro could hear the breath of all things...similar, yeah?

Also, I want to bring up another point that has bugged me since the start of one piece.

A long long time ago on a different forum regarding one piece theory, I brought up the idea of last names.

Characters with last names almost always have some sort of relative attached. Luffy had garp/dragon, nice robin had her parents, and there were more instances of this I want to say...but it seemed to me that giving a character a last name was an indicator that at some point a relative of theirs would be involved.

Which made me curious of the whole Roronoa Zoro thing. Of all the crew, he is the one with a past that's still wide open, IMO. When they went and did the flash backs and shit for characters, his was the least telling IMO. Are we just to assume hes some sort of orphan? I think there is more to it, but that is just me.

Oct 23 2010 10:57pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 11:44pm)
The wiki cites it's sources from the manga.  Hence it's a fairly accurate source to use. 

All I'm saying is that "killing intent" hasn't been identified by the show or manga yet.  I suppose it's possible that shanks and zoro could be so bad ass that eye contact alone could break bounty hunters and sea kings spirits, but really?  But haki also provides an alternative (and in my opinion more exciting) explanation.  Unfortunately if I'm right, I'm afraid it'll take a couple months to even find out given the 1 manga a week release times. 

Until then, unless something new comes to my attention, I'll take a seat and wait to find out if it ever happens. 

Intimidation is one thing, but this was distinctly different level from simple intimidation.

no no no on finding out. I agree that Zoro will eventually have CoC. However, I don't agree that he used it/ awakened it yet. So if Zoro gets CoC, that doesn't mean the previous was a sign of him awakening it. and Killing Intent is never really explained in any manga/show. It is a cliche thing in all manga. It is just when you know someone is dangerous/strong by the aura/atmosphere they give off/ is around them. This is a natural occurrence and doesn't need further explanation. and like i said about wiki. 9 parts fact 1 part opinion. not everything is cited. Especially what you said earlier: "Whilst inexperienced users [of haki] are restricted to merely overpowering the will of one individual" .. This holds some truth to it, but you took it out of context when you said it explains what zoro did. When one's will is overpowered they pass out. Rayleigh points out when he does the demonstration.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1210211212213214753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll