d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1208209210211212753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Oct 23 2010 08:32pm
:O 472 is out!
Gold: 2.90
Oct 23 2010 08:36pm
Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 10:25pm)
well i can agree with u there
but i think luffy acquired his haki based off heritage
his grandfather and mostlikely his father can use it
and it has something to do with him inheriting roger's will
not based off his fighting skills

The One Piece Wiki cites that Haki is found in every living being within the one piece world and proper training can awaken it. It's not genetics, but rather the experiences, a "proper shock" or the training they endure. Luffy & zoro have essentially gone through the exact same trials, many times leaving within inches of death, but only to grow stronger.

The wiki also cites that, "Whilst inexperienced users [of haki] are restricted to merely overpowering the will of one individual" which describes what happened at seabody perfectly since zoro isn't fully aware of his haki yet, just as Luffy wasn't for the longest time.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Haki

Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 10:32pm)
:O 472 is out!

Lol afk for 20 min.

This post was edited by Black487 on Oct 23 2010 08:37pm
Oct 23 2010 08:39pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 07:36pm)
The One Piece Wiki cites that Haki is found in every living being within the one piece world and proper training can awaken it.  It's not genetics, but rather the experiences, a "proper shock" or the training they endure.  Luffy & zoro have essentially gone through the exact same trials, many times leaving within inches of death, but only to grow stronger.

The wiki also cites that, "Whilst inexperienced users [of haki] are restricted to merely overpowering the will of one individual" which describes what happened at seabody perfectly since zoro isn't fully aware of his haki yet, just as Luffy wasn't for the longest time.

Lol afk for 20 min.

it was a valid argument
i just think its way too early for zoro to awaken haki
he would have went through his training with mihawk for nothing
Oct 23 2010 09:12pm
Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 10:39pm)
it was a valid argument
i just think its way too early for zoro to awaken haki
he would have went through his training with mihawk for nothing

Hell, I'll even agree with you. It may be too early, He may never even acquire haki. Anything could happen. But from what I can tell all the evidence suggests that he showed early signs of it at seabody.

I also feel like two years with hawk eye could have complimented that haki. Or at the very least, zoro's haki is soon to come given some kind of traumatic event, etc.

Anywho, I think we're beating a dead horse at this point. Unless anybody else wants to throw in their opinion or if you have something new to add, I'm happy with waiting on the manga to progress =P
Oct 23 2010 09:15pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 08:12pm)
Hell, I'll even agree with you.  It may be too early,  He may never even acquire haki.  Anything could happen.  But from what I can tell all the evidence suggests that he showed early signs of it at seabody. 

I also feel like two years with hawk eye could have complimented that haki.  Or at the very least, zoro's haki is soon to come given some kind of traumatic event, etc. 

Anywho, I think we're beating a dead horse at this point.  Unless anybody else wants to throw in their opinion or if you have something new to add, I'm happy with waiting on the manga to progress =P

anything goes from this point on
im just throwing ideas/opinions out there
was fun discussing this with u

and yea i hope zoro will acquire haki
Gold: 4,230.00
Oct 23 2010 09:37pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 09:36pm)
The One Piece Wiki cites that Haki is found in every living being within the one piece world and proper training can awaken it.  It's not genetics, but rather the experiences, a "proper shock" or the training they endure.  Luffy & zoro have essentially gone through the exact same trials, many times leaving within inches of death, but only to grow stronger.

Lol afk for 20 min.

wiki is mostly a reliable source w/ 9 parts fact and 1 part opinion. And it is an opinion that Zoro has displayed haki. That is not a fact. We have seen all the uses of haki and have been giving explanation. Also there is no mention of the bolded part in the manga. that is one of those opinion parts.
Oct 23 2010 09:42pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 23 2010 11:37pm)
wiki is mostly a reliable source w/ 9 parts fact and 1 part opinion. And it is an opinion that Zoro has displayed haki. That is not a fact. We have seen all the uses of haki and have been giving explanation. Also there is no mention of the bolded part in the manga. that is one of those opinion parts.

If you'd care to cite or explain the "intent to kill" you mentioned earlier, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, it appears that shanks used haki on the seaking. And what zoro did appears to be identical to what shanks used.

Once you demonstrate something else and it's adequately cited from the storyline, I'll believe you whole heartedly.

Oct 23 2010 09:42pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 08:20pm)
Ok, lets put the ad hom aside for a second and explain things more carefully. 

What, if not haki, was it that zoro exhibited on seabody?  You called it, "intent to kill".  Explain how this is so. 

The only thing he did was bat his eyes and nod his head, how could that simultaneously effect the dozen or so bounty hunters surrounding him?  Even the one's who were well behind zoro and had no chance of seeing the front of his face, let alone eye movements? 

From the moment of everyone faltering, the only movement zoro made was of the eyes and a nod.  Not even a word was spoken.

Idk what seabody is :G . but killing intent is an aura that a person gives off. which explains everything. It doesn't resemble haki as no one got knocked out. Nor did they animate it like haki where it had a blast coming from Zoro like haki has been animated thus far. And yes the animators would know if it was haki or not to know if they needed to do the "blast" since they do speak to Oda about these things..
Oct 23 2010 09:45pm
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 23 2010 08:42pm)
Idk what seabody is :G . but killing intent is an aura that a person gives off. which explains everything. It doesn't resemble haki as no one got knocked out. Nor did they animate it like haki where it had a blast coming from Zoro like haki has been animated thus far. And yes the animators would know if it was haki or not to know if they needed to do the "blast" since they do speak to Oda about these things..

usually theres a small zoom in zoom out animation
plus is makes the loud blowing sound
Oct 23 2010 09:45pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 10:42pm)
If you'd care to cite or explain the "intent to kill" you mentioned earlier, I'd love to hear it.  Otherwise, it appears that shanks used haki on the seaking.  And what zoro did appears to be identical to what shanks used. 

Once you demonstrate something else and it's adequately cited from the storyline, I'll believe you whole heartedly.

Killing intent is like the atmosphere or aura around a person. There has been no proof to your claims so it is the opposite. when there is proof then you can come to me and say that what zoro did was haki. Until then, it remains a no.

Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 10:45pm)
usually theres a small zoom in zoom out animation
plus is makes the loud blowing sound

There is also an actual wave you can see when Rayleigh does it as well =P

This post was edited by kasey21 on Oct 23 2010 09:46pm
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1208209210211212753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll