d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1207208209210211753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.90
Oct 23 2010 07:35pm
Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 09:31pm)
i dont believe that its impossible for zoro to get the dispositioning
but for him to awaken it the same time as luffy is too coincidental

That's not what I asked for. I'm looking for the specific scene you said "intent to kill" was explained or at least mentioned.

Too coincidental isn't for us to decide. =/

I'm not trying to be a hard ass on this but I'd really like to know what you two are basing this off of.
Gold: 1.00
Oct 23 2010 07:36pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 06:35pm)
That's not what I asked for.  I'm looking for the specific scene you said "intent to kill" was explained or at least mentioned. 

Too coincidental isn't for us to decide.  =/

I'm not trying to be a hard ass on this but I'd really like to know what you two are basing this off of.

oh yea im going through the episodes to find out where i remembered it from

/e cant find it, but it does have to do with the cursed katana he has
sumthing about the feel of bloodlust
im not suprised that other ppl can feel it too and be intimidated

This post was edited by Mutant on Oct 23 2010 07:42pm
Oct 23 2010 07:41pm
Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 09:36pm)

Cool thanks.

Quote (i_r_slayer @ Oct 23 2010 09:32pm)
The only guy who really freaked out was the one who was looking at Zoro. The rest took a step back after they saw their comrade freaking out and taking a step back. If a group of people surrounds someone and the leader takes a step back, the rest follow suit. I also don't think his behavior is like anyone else who has been affected by king's disposition. That guy was genuinely spooked and immediately does what Zoro asked. Most people affected by king's disposition go unconscious, foam at the mouth, have no idea what happened to them or just flat out run away (seen in shank's case).

This is a good explanation. But at the same time when shanks saved luffy, the sea king never exhibited any of those symptoms but rather the identical symptoms of the bounty hunters. If "intent to kill" really exists, perhaps shanks simply used that on the sea king rather than haki. I'll have to wait until I can read up on ITK
Oct 23 2010 07:43pm
Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 06:36pm)

/e cant find it, but it does have to do with the cursed katana he has
sumthing about the feel of bloodlust
im not suprised that other ppl can feel it too and be intimidated

^ ^
Oct 23 2010 07:57pm
Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 09:43pm)
^ ^

Whoa now, we've moved on to something different.

Zoro in the anime did comment on Sandai Kitetsu's "blood lust" but all we learned from that is the sword went for a killing blow. I don't recall anything about intimidation like what shanks or zoro much later exhibited in seabody. They appear entirely unrelated.

Plus Shuusui is also cursed, and they never made any mention of intimidation. The main point they seemed to make is that the sword cursed it's user with an untimely death.

How can you explain shanks using an identical move without having a cursed sword with him? Also, how come this intimidation factor seems to be caused through the eye contact, rather than any motion or reference to the swords? Again, the swords appear totally unrelated.

This post was edited by Black487 on Oct 23 2010 08:02pm
Oct 23 2010 08:00pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 06:57pm)
Whoa now, we've moved on to something different. 

Zoro in the anime did comment on Sandai Kitetsu's "blood lust" but all we learned from that is the sword went for a killing blow.  I don't recall anything about intimidation like what shanks or zoro much later exhibited in seabody.  They appear entirely unrelated. 

Plus Shuusui is also cursed, and they never made any mention of intimidation.  The main point they seemed to make is that the sword cursed it's user with an untimely death. 

How can you explain shanks using an identical move without having a cursed sword with him?  Also, how come this intimidation factor seems to be caused through the eye contact, rather than any motion or reference to the swords?  Again, the swords appear totally unrelated.

Seeing as how he went up against a gigantic seaking. His disposition is probably only strong enough to make it cower.
The seaking probably has a strong will. But I highly doubt the guys Zoro were up against had strong wills.
Oct 23 2010 08:05pm
Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 10:00pm)
Seeing as how he went up against a gigantic seaking. His disposition is probably only strong enough to make it cower.
The seaking probably has a strong will. But I highly doubt the guys Zoro were up against had strong wills.

Seaking's are essentially a big fish or an oversized beast, and they've been consistently cleaved in half, eaten, or smashed by the crew & others plenty of times from the starting of the show.

Now you're using the word "disposition". Is that the same as "intent to kill"? If it is, how did he do it without a cursed sword? If it's not, why is it so strikingly similar to zoro's "intent to kill"?

Mutant, so far I think you're interpreting the zoro seabody incident based off how you'd like/prefer to see as opposed to what seems to be most evident. Most evident being that zoro was expressing the early stages of haki. This is assuming that there is no "intent to kill" referenced specifically in the manga or show of course.

----

I can see several other users silently following the topic. Assuming you're familiar with the storyline, what do you all think? Rid? Slayer? Others?

This post was edited by Black487 on Oct 23 2010 08:10pm
Oct 23 2010 08:13pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 07:05pm)
Seaking's are essentially a big fish, and they've been consistently cleaved in half, eaten, or smashed by the crew & others plenty of times from the starting of the show.

Now you're using the word "disposition".  Is that the same as "intent to kill"?  If it is, how did he do it without a cursed sword?  If it's not, why is it so strikingly similar to zoro's "intent to kill"?

Mutant, so far I think you're interpreting the zoro seabody incident based off how you'd like/prefer to see as opposed to what seems to be most evident.  Most evident being that zoro was expressing the early stages of haki. This is assuming that there is no "intent to kill" referenced specifically in the manga or show of course.

----

I can see several other users silently following the topic.  Assuming you're familiar with the storyline, what do you all think?  Rid?  Slayer?  Others?

oh i am not referring dispotion as the intent to kill
its just the color of the conquering haki
and as far as the intent to kill thing, seeing as its hard to believe zoro would have awakened haki
that is the second most logical thing to follow up on
Oct 23 2010 08:21pm
Quote (Mutant @ Oct 23 2010 10:13pm)
oh i am not referring dispotion as the intent to kill
its just the color of the conquering haki
and as far as the intent to kill thing, seeing as its hard to believe zoro would have awakened haki
that is the second most logical thing to follow up on

But intent to kill hasn't even been demonstrated to exist yet in the series. Right now it's just a buzz word that's been made up.

And yet zoro's actions so closely resemble that of shanks, without compelling evidence to the contrary it seems like haki is the default position at the moment.

You personally find it hard to believe that zoro could awaken it, but I don't. Zoro's clearly an accomplished fighter, and luffy's second in command so to speak. He may not be good at directions and may get into goofy / hilarious spats with sanji, but in terms of fighting skill, he's damn near unbelievable. The honor he showed by taking luffy's punishment? The pain tolerance? The calculated damage he can dish out?

Lets look at luffy's demeanor as well. He's pretty oblivious to the world around him as well, yet he's an accomplished fighter and ultimately acquired haki. How is zoro any different?
Oct 23 2010 08:25pm
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 23 2010 07:21pm)
But intent to kill hasn't even been demonstrated to exist yet in the series.  Right now it's just a buzz word that's been made up. 

And yet zoro's actions so closely resemble that of shanks, without compelling evidence to the contrary it seems like haki is the default position at the moment.

You personally find it hard to believe that zoro could awaken it, but I don't.  Zoro's clearly an accomplished fighter, and luffy's second in command so to speak.  He may not be good at directions and may get into goofy / hilarious spats with sanji, but in terms  of fighting skill, he's damn near unbelievable.  The honor he showed by taking luffy's punishment?  The pain tolerance?  The calculated damage he can dish out? 

Lets look at luffy's demeanor as well.  He's pretty oblivious to the world around him as well, yet he's an accomplished fighter and ultimately acquired haki.  How is zoro any different?

well i can agree with u there
but i think luffy acquired his haki based off heritage
his grandfather and mostlikely his father can use it
and it has something to do with him inheriting roger's will
not based off his fighting skills

This post was edited by Mutant on Oct 23 2010 08:26pm
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1207208209210211753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll