d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece Manga Discussion > ~discuss The Manga Only~
Prev1190191192193194753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,001.67
Oct 19 2010 08:58pm
Quote (Taschendrache @ 20 Oct 2010 03:49)
the supernovaes wont matter too much for the story, they were made spontaneously by oda within a few hours of work. they are just for a bit fun, but they'll all be beaten up... and after 2 years I guess only 3-4 of them survived in the new world while the rest failed/died or joined one of the emperors

idd
jewerly was capturer?
kid and law we will se again for sure dunno bout the others tho
Gold: 20.00
Oct 19 2010 09:30pm
Quote (Taschendrache @ Oct 19 2010 09:49pm)
the supernovaes wont matter too much for the story, they were made spontaneously by oda within a few hours of work. they are just for a bit fun, but they'll all be beaten up... and after 2 years I guess only 3-4 of them survived in the new world while the rest failed/died or joined one of the emperors

so you say...apparently they are the new GO TO guys of the new world

I'm willing to bet we will see at least one of them again as some sort of antagonist....

as for my favorite, I liked Drake
Gold: 1,463.00
Oct 19 2010 09:41pm
Quote (Taschendrache @ Oct 19 2010 10:49pm)

thats why one of them saved Luffy right?
and why Oda made a point to show what was going on with several of them right after the big battle?
He made a point of showing Bonney being given to the marines by blackbeard. Why include that if it had no meaning?

and my question about the demon monk was purely for discussion. It just seemed to me that they were the same ability, and I was just wondering what people thought seperated the two.
Gold: 103,038.53
Oct 19 2010 11:50pm
Quote (shsheik @ Oct 20 2010 04:41am)
thats why one of them saved Luffy right?
and why Oda made a point to show what was going on with several of them right after the big battle?
He made a point of showing Bonney being given to the marines by blackbeard. Why include that if it had no meaning?

and my question about the demon monk was purely for discussion. It just seemed to me that they were the same ability, and I was just wondering what people thought seperated the two.

well it is not just a guess, during the 4 weeks break of one piece, the jump published background information. And one of the infos was that the supernovas are a spontaneous invention so for the real mainstory they wont matter too much. Yea, luffy was saved by one of them and for sure we will have a lot of side plots concerning the supernovae.. and for sure - most likely - kid or drake will be one of luffys antagonists in the new world. But its not like any of them will have a realistic chance to get one piece.

possible side storys i could imagine:
Law is in trouble in the new world and since he saved luffys life, Luffy will pay back that "debt"..
Conflict with one of the Supernovae
etc.

Imo Oda opened some side plots here as said above.. and oda is genious enough to alter the story a bit and somehow integrate the supernovaes into the main story of the race towards one piece but the real opponent of Luffy will be blackbeard and the marines. Concerning the supernovae: Some of them might be defeated by marines, some by other pirates (emperors, other supernovae, Blackbeard), some will probably join forces with existing emperors.. fact is every pirat wants a share of the new world which is now possible since whitebeards islands are without protection
Gold: 200.00
Oct 20 2010 12:52am
Quote (Taschendrache @ Oct 20 2010 01:50am)
well it is not just a guess, during the 4 weeks break of one piece, the jump published background information. And one of the infos was that the supernovas are a spontaneous invention so for the real mainstory they wont matter too much. Yea, luffy was saved by one of them and for sure we will have a lot of side plots concerning the supernovae.. and for sure - most likely - kid or drake will be one of luffys antagonists in the new world. But its not like any of them will have a realistic chance to get one piece.

Law is in trouble in the new world and since he saved luffys life, Luffy will pay back that "debt"..
etc.

Imo Oda opened some side plots here as said above.. and oda is genious enough to alter the story a bit and somehow integrate the supernovaes into the main story of the race towards one piece but the real opponent of Luffy will be blackbeard and the marines. Concerning the supernovae: Some of them might be defeated by marines, some by other pirates (emperors, other supernovae, Blackbeard), some will probably join forces with existing emperors.. fact is every pirat wants a share of the new world which is now possible since whitebeards islands are without protection

i have a feeling that law well join up with luffy cuz he says somethink bout taking the seat he is ment 2 maybe he well sail under the strawhat flag or somethink??????????????
and clearly luffy/zoro are gona fight kid/killer since kid was highest bounty and zoro killer were the only 2 other rookies that werent captains with over 100 mill bountys
Gold: 2.90
Oct 20 2010 07:04am
Quote (youjustcantno @ Oct 20 2010 02:52am)
i have a feeling that law well join up with luffy cuz he says somethink bout taking the seat he is ment 2 maybe he well sail under the strawhat flag or somethink??????????????
and clearly luffy/zoro are gona fight kid/killer since kid was highest bounty and zoro killer were the only 2 other rookies that werent captains with over 100 mill bountys

Highly doubt it. I can't see law joining the crew, even in the future.
Oct 20 2010 07:10am
Quote (i_r_slayer @ Oct 12 2010 07:52pm)
I think it's fair to assume that Logia types have to activate their abilities. Assuming that the smoker incident is a writing flaw is kind of silly imo. Crocodile has been seen activating his with his eyes closed and Kizaru when he wasn't paying attention but I think they simply activated on reflex.

I'm reviving an old conversation because it turns out I was wrong. Seems like logia actually do have to activate their ability.

Skip to 4:39 on the vid. It's only a couple seconds long, although if you want to laugh I highly recommend watching up to 6:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HONl-653vQ

Two logia's in one, haha.

But I wonder when ace met up with blackbeard just before getting captured, ace didn't exactly seem aware of the sniper but the bullets passed through regardless.

This post was edited by Black487 on Oct 20 2010 07:15am
Gold: 4,230.00
Oct 20 2010 07:16am
Quote (Taschendrache @ Oct 20 2010 12:50am)

etc.

The supernovas were thought up in 3 or 4 hours i forgot which.. all of them in that amount time. not only their designs but their personalities is what it said. Imo these characters were already planned.. at least most of them or the important ones. It is just that Oda was gonna introduce them later. I believe this just allowed him to introduce them earlier.

Quote (Black487 @ Oct 20 2010 08:10am)
I'm reviving an old conversation because it turns out I was wrong.  Seems like logia actually do have to activate their ability.

Skip to 4:39 on the vid.  It's only a couple seconds long, although if you want to laugh I highly recommend watching up to 6:44

But I wonder when ace met up with blackbeard just before getting captured, ace didn't exactly seem aware of the sniper but the bullets passed through regardless.

lol.. that was the base of my argument that logia's had to activate their fruit =P

e/ about the ace and blackbeard thing. I think it is different. Like when you are in combat or around people you don't trust you make you activate your fruit where if anyone tries to hit you/shoot you or anything the attack will just go through. It isn't an activation where you turn into the element right when the attack hits =P

This post was edited by kasey21 on Oct 20 2010 07:18am
Oct 20 2010 07:18am
Quote (kasey21 @ Oct 20 2010 09:16am)
lol.. that was the base of my argument that logia's had to activate their fruit =P

Best scene ever =P
Gold: 828.35
Oct 20 2010 07:18am
Quote (Black487 @ Oct 20 2010 09:10pm)
I'm reviving an old conversation because it turns out I was wrong. Seems like logia actually do have to activate their ability.

Skip to 4:39 on the vid. It's only a couple seconds long.

WHAT THE F

This video contains content from Funimation Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1190191192193194753Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll